Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: I'm a little nervous about the next 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Even more than when Obama first won in 2008, it seems white people have come out more openly in a racist manner. I knew there would be these reactions, but i didn't expect on this level. People are legit pissed off like they want to do something militant about it.

You guys think its just another case of premature reactions by people or do you expect to see a rise in race related crimes?

i talk to quite a few Republicans that are sales reps or just customers and their hate for Obama is at levels that are absurd. i mean they despise him so much where its beyond just normal dislike. and these are pretty moderate Republicans. thats why i really think Obama needs to watch his back right about now, and you can already get an idea of just how bad it is when famous people are out there saying pretty outrageous things openly. just think whats being said and talked about behind closed doors or people further to the right.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
When did bagel mention a race? He mentioned an article of clothing, "turban" and mentioned a religion, "Muslim." Instantly you jump to race? Why is that, you think?

And we're the racists?

Essentially Islam is an Arab race, though not in name specifically. You tell me, why is it that I thought of a race? Because you described a generalization of Muslims.

Yes, you are the racists.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

People genuinely hate this guy. I understand it a bit too. When he had the majority in the Senate and the House he did not care if he didn't get a single Republican for his stimulus or his healthcare bill. He can give pretty speeches, but this man is not a guy who can bring people together.

After this election a lot of people are very pessimistic. They feel like they missed out on an opportunity to revive our economy. This tepid job growth is depressing and it's sad that Americans believe this to be the new normal. I truly believe Mitt Romney was uniquely qualified to get us out of this mess, he was a moderate, not an extremist like the left portrayed him to be.
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Droid101
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
How are the Republicans anti-woman?

The slut-shaming of the Republican party never ends. Remember the two rape candidates that just lost their re-election bids? Here's some fun quotes from Republicans on the matter.

Quote:
Anti-gay? I guess you could say that, but to me it's a nonissue. I care not either way.
You don't care that an entire minority class of people are denied rights that everyone else has? Yeesh.

Quote:
Anti education? How so, explain it to me?
They constantly write laws restricting the teaching of Evolution. Hell, the Texas Republican Platform included the following wording: [legislation] that opposes the “teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills” and “critical thinking skills.”

Go see for yourself: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnthar...-gop-platform/

Also, awaiting your apology.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I'm not saying you should be happy about him, but his race should be irrelevant. .

Then stop making an issue of it. YOU are the one who make a big issue of it. YOU claim that because I hate him I must hate him because of his colour. I don't care if he's white, I would hate his guts anyway. As I said before, I hate Clinton. I must be prejudiced against whites? I don't make it an issue.

Are you not being racist against whites when you deny giving them the benefits minorities get, solely because they are a minority?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #21
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:

The slut-shaming of the Republican party never ends. Remember the two rape candidates that just lost their re-election bids? Here's some fun quotes from Republicans on the matter.

You don't care that an entire minority class of people are denied rights that everyone else has? Yeesh.

They constantly write laws restricting the teaching of Evolution. Hell, the Texas Republican Platform included the following wording: [legislation] that opposes the “teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills” and “critical thinking skills.”

Go see for yourself: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnthar...-gop-platform/

Also, awaiting your apology.

I said not a thing about rape, I believe rape is wrong, and that some of the religious Republicans have a ridiculous view of it. Care to respond to anything I said?

I think that the "thinking skills" stuff they teach is a bunch of crap. Teaching someone how to think.... Teaching is a controversial job, is it really best for people to develop the same way to think?

Regarding evolution censoring, could you not argue that the Democrats are doing the exact same thing with Creationism?

Apology for what?

Also, what is the scale of that graph? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
Droid101
NBA All-star

Quote:
I said not a thing about rape, I believe rape is wrong, and that some of the religious Republicans have a ridiculous view of it. Care to respond to anything I said?
I responded to your post. The current crop of Republicans have tried to enact things that will hurt women's health across the country (banning abortion, contraception, making "legitimate" rape loopholes). The party is anti-woman as a whole whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Regarding evolution censoring, could you not argue that the Democrats are doing the exact same thing with Creationism?
Creationism isn't science, and doesn't belong in any school curriculum. If you want to teach falsified garbage, teach it in church, not school.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
General

Quote:
You're a moron. The Republican establishment disavowed their comments. The nominee of the party was Pro-Life with the exception of RAPE, incest, or if the mothers life is in danger. The majority of our country is Pro-Life, polls often show it.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #24
Droid101
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
You're a moron. The Republican establishment disavowed their comments.
Oh yeah?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2007559.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romney Campaign Aide
"We disagree on the policy regarding exceptions for rape and incest but still support him."
Nice.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
I responded to your post. The current crop of Republicans have tried to enact things that will hurt women's health across the country (banning abortion, contraception, making "legitimate" rape loopholes). The party is anti-woman as a whole whether you like it or not.

Creationism isn't science, and doesn't belong in any school curriculum. If you want to teach falsified garbage, teach it in church, not school.

I don't believe in Creationism at all. In fact, I think those who believe it are deceiving themselves. But you ignore what the point is. Somethings can be censored, while somethings can't in your view.

Regarding women, you didn't respond to anything I said about women's rights. You just talked about rape. And I agree with you.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #26
General

Quote:
Oh yeah?
Because it was a wedge issue. He would never be able to act on his convictions, the majority of the Republican party don't agree with him on that small tidbit. Mourdock was a conservative running on cutting spending and lowering taxes and that's the main reason why Mitt endorsed him.

Now, let's make ourselves clear like I've been telling my conservative friends. We will never stop fighting to protect the rights of the innocent unborn child. Republicans have always wanted to overturn Roe V. Wade, and we always will.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #27
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Because it was a wedge issue. He would never be able to act on his convictions, the majority of the Republican party don't agree with him on that small tidbit. Mourdock was a conservative running on cutting spending and lowering taxes and that's the main reason why Mitt endorsed him.

Now, let's make ourselves clear like I've been telling my conservative friends. We will never stop fighting to protect the rights of the innocent unborn child. Republicans have always wanted to overturn Roe V. Wade, and we always will.

I respect that view, but disagree with it. It doesn't matter to me if the baby is alive or not, we shouldn't have to carry the burden for babies born that are unwanted. If we need to, we should abort. That said, I think people that brag about multiple abortions are idiots. I personally would never have an abortion (meaning my wife, not I myself), but I think it should be an avenue kept open. And the whole women's rights aspect of it is that it's a get out of jail free card. Which is disgusting. Like women NEED to have an abortion.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
TheMan
College superstar

Quote:
It's not? That's laughable to say the least. So you are saying that I should be happy because there is a black president that I strongly disagree with the policies of? I guess there is more. I hate his lies. Is that enough? I hate his attitude. I hate the way he acts as if nothing is wrong in the country. And now, thanks to him, there is something wrong.

Should I not feel any anger if someone who is a proven liar has been reelected? Should I not feel anger if the person elected used his presidential powers to rummage for votes?

Why should I feel happy for someone I hate? I hate Clinton (both of them). Is that racist too? Or does he also follow the same path that Obama does, being a liar?

What about Kennedy? Should I be a racist for hating him? Carter? Roosevelt?
^^He mad
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #29
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
People genuinely hate this guy. I understand it a bit too. When he had the majority in the Senate and the House he did not care if he didn't get a single Republican for his stimulus or his healthcare bill. He can give pretty speeches, but this man is not a guy who can bring people together.

After this election a lot of people are very pessimistic. They feel like they missed out on an opportunity to revive our economy. This tepid job growth is depressing and it's sad that Americans believe this to be the new normal. I truly believe Mitt Romney was uniquely qualified to get us out of this mess, he was a moderate, not an extremist like the left portrayed him to be.

Based on what exactly, his incredible track record of job creation during his tenure as Governor of Mass.? Did you ever wonder why he never bothered to run for reelection? Hint: It could be the fact that the state went from 36th to 47th in the nation in terms of job creation while Romney's approval rating coincidentally dropped from 65% to 34% at the end of his term.

All indicators suggest the economy finally began to rebound during the 3rd quarter- housing (which was the catalyst for the economic meltdown) is set for a boom, the majority of forecasters are expecting 12-12.3 million jobs to be created in the next four years (which would be a record, not taking into account population growth though). Consumer confidence is at a nearly decade long high. The GDP is expected to double by 2014 to 4-5%.

So in the end we'll have gone from the country losing 600-800K jobs per month, the financial, housing, and automobile industries on the verge of collapse, 2 costly and pointless wars at the beginning of Obama's inherited tenure to the country experiencing record job growth, doubling the GDP, no pointless costly wars (fingers crossed ), a housing boom, a well regulated financial system, a strong auto industry, sensible healthcare system, etc and so on.

The only thing you need to be nervous about is the GOP and their tea bagger overlords throwing a wrench in plans by stalling and filibustering with their misguided already proven failed policies of tax cuts for the wealthy and deregulation. Boehner seems open to sensible negotiations, let's see if Ryan and Norquist let him off the leash and the country can avoid going over the looming fiscal cliff.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #30
Droid101
NBA All-star

Quote:
Mourdock was a conservative running on cutting spending and lowering taxes and that's the main reason why Mitt endorsed him.
TROLOL, Republicans cut taxes and increase spending. That's the exact opposite of "Fiscally Conservative." Why is this lie still being perpetuated?

Quote:
Then why not give out free birth control instead of legislating against it? Oh yeah, it's not about life, it's about slut-shaming, as it always has been.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: