Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default WORLD WAR Z trailer (Z is for Zombie).... The apocalypse has begun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: WORLD WAR Z trailer (Z is for Zombie).... The apocalypse has begun.

Amped for this movie.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

CG Looks bad man.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
CG Looks bad man.

at least it looks better than I Am Legend.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ugh.

I understand it's just a trailer and I also understand the book is not really suitable to translate to the big screen as is, but it would be nice if they tried to make something in the same tone of the book maybe? You'd really think, since they've gone through the trouble of licensing the book, at least try to create something that fits in that style.

The reason the book was great besides the epistolary format (which would be virtually impossible to do in movie format) were the the practical ways people dealt with the situations and the more mundane, personal take on the zombie apocalypse.

Looks like they thought the title was catchy and that's about it. And considering this is made by the director of Quantum of Solace and the screenplay writer of Prometheus, I'm not all that interested to see what they come up with.

Last edited by LJJ : 11-08-2012 at 09:05 PM.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Ugh.

I understand it's just a trailer and I also understand the book is not really suitable to translate to the big screen as is, but it would be nice if they tried to make something in the same tone of the book maybe? You'd really think, since they've gone through the trouble of licensing the book, at least try to create something that fits in that style.

The reason the book was great besides the epistolary format (which would be virtually impossible to do in movie format) were the the practical ways people dealt with the situations and the more mundane, personal take on the zombie apocalypse.

Looks like they thought the title was catchy and that's about it. And considering this is made by the director of Quantum of Solace and the screenplay writer of Prometheus, I'm not all that interested to see what they come up with.

The book was so good, wish they would have tried, a bunch of short stories would have been fine with me.

EDIT: I love the modern Zombie Apocalypse genre, but I feel it has alway been unrealistic, and underrated the capabilities of the military. I just don't see how melee fighters could beat soldiers with assault rifles.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 11-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Ugh.

I haven't read the book, but from your post and others around the web I lost interest.

If it was another zombie film, cool… I'd have no issue. But what's the point of attaching it to a well known book if they're not gonna follow it? Seems like a cheap way to secure the rights and attempt to capitalize on a popular book, and not making a version of it.

I was expecting more from Pitt (I believe he's a producer).
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that god damn inception siren
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I haven't read the book

If it was another zombie film, cool… I'd have no issue. But what's the point of attaching it to a well known book if they're not gonna follow it?

Why do you care if you haven't read the book? Without reading the book it's just another cool zombie film that you have no problem with so I don't see why you have an issue with it unless you plan on reading the book or something.

Zombie movies are awesome. Throw in Brad Pitt and a big budget and even if it sucks it'll be entertaining, if you love the genre anyways. Trailer didn't even look good yet you still want to see it.

Maybe that's me tho. I'm down for anything end of the world zombies. It could be the worst movie in the world but I'd still give it a shot.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

this comment had me rolling...lmao

"Those aren't actually zombies... They're actually just hipsters."
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #12
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Why do you care if you haven't read the book? Without reading the book it's just another cool zombie film that you have no problem with so I don't see why you have an issue with it unless you plan on reading the book or something.

Zombie movies are awesome. Throw in Brad Pitt and a big budget and even if it sucks it'll be entertaining, if you love the genre anyways. Trailer didn't even look good yet you still want to see it.

Maybe that's me tho. I'm down for anything end of the world zombies. It could be the worst movie in the world but I'd still give it a shot.

Because now I know that it isn't nowhere near the book.

I understand that movies deviate from books, I get that. But reading comments I get the sense that this isn't remotely close to the book. And shit like that irks me. Yeah its weird, but it bugs me enough that I may not watch this.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 AM   #13
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Because now I know that it isn't nowhere near the book.

I understand that movies deviate from books, I get that. But reading comments I get the sense that this isn't remotely close to the book. And shit like that irks me. Yeah its weird, but it bugs me enough that I may not watch this.

judging by the trailer I think they will depict the battle of yonkers, which I have always wanted to see on film.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #14
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Ugh! So sick of zombies.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
Ugh! So sick of zombies.
my thoughts exactly. every movie or video game is now either zombies or vampires. the next batman film will probably have him fighting zombified gotham civilians and future disney star wars films will have zombie jedis.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: