Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
stevieming
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 598
Default Trade Amare for Gasol!

Do it.....and throw in Bibby too..

Maybe that'll fool the lakers to parting with the big man.

The line up of

Pau - scoring and passing big man
Chandler - defensive anchor
Melo - the superstar (stop eating 4-5 bags of potato chips though Melo - hint it will help your game.)
JR - spot up shooter and occasional slasher.
Lin - Solid PG with excellent size and quickness, can actually pass the ball (please stop turning the ball over though...)

would be awesome!! Whilst people criticise Pau for being soft at least he plays some semblance of defence, catches the ball and can pass, which would really help Chandler and Melo get the ball, as Lin seems incapable or unwilling to throw simple into post passes.

I am convinced JR will get better soon, he's putting a boat load of effort on D, he's too good of a shooter to carry on with the slump.

back up of

Baron
Shump
Fields
Novak
jared

is pretty solid too.
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
AMISTILLILL
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salford Lads Club
Posts: 7,201
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Including Bibby "fools" them into doing it? Bibby is terrible. Including Bibby is not an incentive, it's a threat.

And this is a ridiculous idea, by the way.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
bmulls
Good college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Bibby and Fisher, GOAT back court
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,774
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Including Bibby "fools" them into doing it? Bibby is terrible. Including Bibby is not an incentive, it's a threat.

And this is a ridiculous idea, by the way.

I actually don't think the value is far off personally. I think both are having down years due to their situation but Amare is a couple years younger. I'd say Gasol has more value but primarily due to his championship experience and friendlier contract.

That being said this would make the Lakers a bit more stable long term but a bit worse right now probably because Amare's head isn't in it right now (just like Gasol). I'd say Tony Douglas+Amare Stoudemire for Gasol+Artest (to get Artest out) would be a good move for both teams. Knicks add more defensive grit and toughness as well as a top 3 skilled big.

Lakers add a legit go to player to go with Kobe and a PG that's not great but much better than Fisher/Blake.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
FindingTim
National High School Star
 
FindingTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,174
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Pau Gasol- you getting criminally underrated
Amare- what happened to you?
OP- are you serious?
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,407
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

You would have to throw in Baron Davis or Lin before they even think about it.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
TheAesirsFinest
The ? to All Answers
 
TheAesirsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 735
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

I think the "Luke Walton for a Gatorade" is more likely than that trade, OP.
TheAesirsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
stevieming
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 598
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Including Bibby "fools" them into doing it? Bibby is terrible. Including Bibby is not an incentive, it's a threat.
.

hahaha, yeah i know...
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
stevieming
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 598
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

man with the replies, I guess everyone's opinion of Amare is as low as mine.



which is sad, as it didn't seem that long ago when Amare was tearing up the league.
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
stevieming
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 598
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I actually don't think the value is far off personally. I think both are having down years due to their situation but Amare is a couple years younger. I'd say Gasol has more value but primarily due to his championship experience and friendlier contract.

That being said this would make the Lakers a bit more stable long term but a bit worse right now probably because Amare's head isn't in it right now (just like Gasol). I'd say Tony Douglas+Amare Stoudemire for Gasol+Artest (to get Artest out) would be a good move for both teams. Knicks add more defensive grit and toughness as well as a top 3 skilled big.

Lakers add a legit go to player to go with Kobe and a PG that's not great but much better than Fisher/Blake.

I agree, that probably seems a better trade. I was obviously too hopeful!
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
AMISTILLILL
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salford Lads Club
Posts: 7,201
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Amar'e's strengths don't cover up his lack of defense and propensity for disappearing completely for long stretches.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,796
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieming
Do it.....and throw in Bibby too..

Maybe that'll fool the lakers to parting with the big man.

The line up of

Pau - scoring and passing big man
Chandler - defensive anchor
Melo - the superstar (stop eating 4-5 bags of potato chips though Melo - hint it will help your game.)
JR - spot up shooter and occasional slasher.
Lin - Solid PG with excellent size and quickness, can actually pass the ball (please stop turning the ball over though...)

would be awesome!! Whilst people criticise Pau for being soft at least he plays some semblance of defence, catches the ball and can pass, which would really help Chandler and Melo get the ball, as Lin seems incapable or unwilling to throw simple into post passes.

I am convinced JR will get better soon, he's putting a boat load of effort on D, he's too good of a shooter to carry on with the slump.

back up of

Baron
Shump
Fields
Novak
jared

is pretty solid too.

you fcuking serious dude???
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball
 
no pun intended's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Amar'e with Bynum will be Amar'e and Shaq all over again. Hell no.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,292
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

good trade do it Knicks

Lakers doing a fire sale on everybody but kobe.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
fiddy
Raider of Rampage
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FTS and FTO
Posts: 14,437
Default Re: Trade Amare for Gasol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Bibby and Fisher, GOAT back court
lmao
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy