Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: if I have a kid, i'm never posting pics of it on facebook for everyone to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
dont worry. no one will want to procreate with you
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people
Default Re: if I have a kid, i'm never posting pics of it on facebook for everyone to see

Don't post pics of "it"?

tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #18
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
1. The most annoying people are the crazy moms, these idiots post every single news of their baby a la their kid eating food, puking, pooping, sleeping etc.. No one gives a damn about their ugly kids.
Yeah, again, I'm not as bitter about it, but I feel where you're coming from. I'm okay with seeing pictures of friend's kids every now and again because it's a part of their life. But as you said, when the kid essentially takes over their Facebook altogether, to the point of no pictures being posted by that person of anything BUT the kid, for the first 6 years of its life, that's when it feel like a bit much.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah, again, I'm not as bitter about it, but I feel where you're coming from. I'm okay with seeing pictures of friend's kids every now and again because it's a part of their life. But as you said, when the kid essentially takes over their Facebook altogether, to the point of no pictures being posted by that person of anything BUT the kid, for the first 6 years of its life, that's when it feel like a bit much.

Yeah, exactly.

And I agree, I'm too mad..
But honestly, I get bombarded with that crap everyday and I'm on facebook alot to keep in touch with friends since I'm studying abroad now so it's probably why I'm extra "sensitive" to all crap about people and their damn kids. And for some reason my cousin's wife keeps tagging me in her pics of their baby, I guess she does it because I'm tight with my cousin and she wants me to see the baby grow up but I get tagged in baby pics like every other day..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #20
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
i have like 15-20 solid close friends

have 500~ friends on facebook. go to a big university and i went to a big highschool.

That's why you don't add every dickhead you meet.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #21
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

So then why are you friends with people you don't give a sh*t about? I talk to most of my FB friends and enjoy seeing their pictures and reading their updates. Yeah, politics though got old really fast during this election. But why would you even have a FB if you're going to bitch about people posting pictures and opinions on things like politics?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #22
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

If someone is excited about their newborn child (or child at any stage of their life, period) - then there's absolutely nothing wrong with them wanting to share on Facebook if that's their wish. Celebrating the birth of their own flesh and blood... that's like, so fu*ked up, huh?

Let's talk simple logic here. What's more annoying, someone who has their own child and posts them on Facebook, or an actual poster on a meaningless message board who creates an entire thread to complain about such a thing?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #23
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
If someone is excited about their newborn child (or child at any stage of their life, period) - then there's absolutely nothing wrong with them wanting to share on Facebook if that's their wish. Celebrating the birth of their own flesh and blood... that's like, so fu*ked up, huh?

Let's talk simple logic here. What's more annoying, someone who has their own child and posts them on Facebook, or an actual poster on a meaningless message board who creates an entire thread to complain about such a thing?

I know! Is the OP happy with seeing pointless pictures like what people had for dinner more than seeing people post meaningful pictures of their kids?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #24
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I know! Is the OP happy with seeing pointless pictures like what people had for dinner more than seeing people post meaningful pictures of their kids?

The truly most annoying are the ones (typically 95% women, the men who do this are particularly annoying) who post their entire day's agenda ...

"woke up this morning, felt like shit"
"class 'til 1, then lunch with Lauren"
"seeing mom @ 3"
"then having dinner with the girliez!"

I've honestly had to remove much more than just casual friends b/c seeing that shit every day, day after day gets quite annoying.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

OP does have a point though. Even if they ARE a friend... it's annoying to hear constant updates about people's kids. Like you don't need to post a million pictures with random ass comments like "Hahaha Zach loves swimming" etc. Like seriously those are precious moments not meant to be shared with the world IMO.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #26
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

U jelly? U infertile?
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #27
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
OP does have a point though. Even if they ARE a friend... it's annoying to hear constant updates about people's kids. Like you don't need to post a million pictures with random ass comments like "Hahaha Zach loves swimming" etc. Like seriously those are precious moments not meant to be shared with the world IMO.

But they're not really being shared with the world. They're being shared with family and friends on FB.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #28
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
babies and politics are why facebook is shit.
I haven't had to deal with that because I surround myself with intelligent human beings. Maybe you should try that.
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #29
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
But they're not really being shared with the world. They're being shared with family and friends on FB.
Truth, but even then, I think it's possible for it to be over done. It's surely not a big deal, because Facebook is just Facebook, but when I'm in that website's realm, scanning my newsfeed, the constant child pictures (sans parents, sans anything I know or relate too) isn't the coolest thing ever.

It's just, if Jenn has a 9-year old, I know that kid's going to be a big part of her life, but if Jenn's going to post Facebook updates, I'd like them to sometimes be related to Jenn herself, not always just pictures of this kid eating french toast sticks every morning. Even if my friend was posing in pictures with her kids, that'd be a step up because then I could say, "Hey, there's my friend! This post makes sense!"

Again, not a big issue, just one of those things where I see it pop up every now and again and it's just one of those things I'm automatically looking past.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Updates are annoying, period. But not as annoying as inspirational memes.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: