Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: if I have a kid, i'm never posting pics of it on facebook for everyone to see

Quote:
if I have a kid, i'm never posting pics of it on facebook for everyone to see
with the way your baby is going to look... you probably wouldnt
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #32
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: if I have a kid, i'm never posting pics of it on facebook for everyone to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Truth, but even then, I think it's possible for it to be over done. It's surely not a big deal, because Facebook is just Facebook, but when I'm in that website's realm, scanning my newsfeed, the constant child pictures (sans parents, sans anything I know or relate too) isn't the coolest thing ever.

It's just, if Jenn has a 9-year old, I know that kid's going to be a big part of her life, but if Jenn's going to post Facebook updates, I'd like them to sometimes be related to Jenn herself, not always just pictures of this kid eating french toast sticks every morning. Even if my friend was posing in pictures with her kids, that'd be a step up because then I could say, "Hey, there's my friend! This post makes sense!"

Again, not a big issue, just one of those things where I see it pop up every now and again and it's just one of those things I'm automatically looking past.
But Jenn's life is indeed the kid. The kid is a representation of what is going on in Jenn's life. You want to know about her, what's taking over in her life, that's it. At the moment she doesn't care about her job, her car, or celebrity. You're seeing indirectly into what's influencing her life the most.

Seriously.. is it so hard to scroll over within 0.3 seconds if you don't care?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #33
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
But Jenn's life is indeed the kid. The kid is a representation of what is going on in Jenn's life. You want to know about her, what's taking over in her life, that's it. At the moment she doesn't care about her job, her car, or celebrity. You're seeing indirectly into what's influencing her life the most.

Seriously.. is it so hard to scroll over within 0.3 seconds if you don't care?
Oh no, it's not hard at all. It's honestly just one of those things that crosses my mind at some point after I've seen 300 pictures of a Facebook friend's kid for every one of the friend themselves, it's not an issue or hassle. It's not really a bother, but when I saw this thread, I could certainly relate, so I contributed.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #34
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tell this to Meticode.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #35
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

These moms don't deserve facebooks. I don't give 2 fukks about kids in general let alone my friends. Unless its my kid then I don't care, just like little league,feel me? I don't even Care about my cousins kids. It's even sadder when guys post that crap
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #36
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

And the dbags that say "scroll over it!! Why don't Cha!!" Shutup,its like anyything in life thats annoying that you notice. And this forum is almost all biatching about topics so you can stick your nose straight up my a$$:)
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #37
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Facebook used to be party pics, now it's baby/marriage ones. We really are seeing people's entire lives unfolding on such a public site, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: