Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
BuGzBuNNy

Default Re: Hey you! Yeah, you, conservative person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
How am I supposed to take anything you say seriously when your avy is so distracting and hilarious?
I'm a beast tho
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #17
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
So I guess you're all for universal health care or single payer since everyone's cost would go down, right?
My bad all, misread.

This question still stands, though.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
why? I love it here
im gaming u bro. But i really hate ur state, sorry
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
joe
College superstar

As a conservative person (libertarian), I'm annoyed with liberals for thinking they know what's best for everyone. It seems mostly everything on the progressive agenda is based on you guys thinking you can run my life better than I can. Which transposes into you using the government to control others.

Here's the basic structure I see in your beliefs, followed by some examples:

The liberal mindset, as I have come to see it- *People cannot get their shit together without X government initiative*

-Poor people will be screwed without entitlements.
-The environment will be screwed without global warming initiatives.
-Only the rich would go to school without public education.
-Only the rich could afford healthcare without government involvement.
-Food companies would poison us without regulation.
-The economy would crumble without the wise government financial overlords to control the system.
-Black people couldn't "move on up" without civil rights/equality measures.
-People can't be responsible with guns, they should be illegal.

Liberals need to get two things into their shiny brains, in my opinion. ONE- It's not right for you to tell other peaceful people what to do, and even if you use the government, that still breaks down to you telling other peaceful people how to live their lives. You are no better than anyone else, especially a person who isn't causing harm to anyone. It's not your place, nor is it any humans place, to boss around peaceful people. and TWO- the government is not the answer to these problems anyway. All the government can do is use blunt force and theft. It has no means of solving these problems other than by forcing people to do what it says. That isn't a way to solve problems, that's a way to create new problems.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
As a conservative person (libertarian), I'm annoyed with liberals for thinking they know what's best for everyone. It seems mostly everything on the progressive agenda is based on you guys thinking you can run my life better than I can. Which transposes into you using the government to control others.

The liberal mindset, as I have come to see it- *People cannot get their shit together without X government initiative*

-The economy would crumble without the wise government financial overlords to control the system.

Liberals need to get two things into their shiny brains, in my opinion. ONE- It's not right for you to tell other peaceful people what to do, and even if you use the government, that still breaks down to you telling other peaceful people how to live their lives. You are no better than anyone else, especially a person who isn't causing harm to anyone. It's not your place, nor is it any humans place, to boss around peaceful people. and TWO- the government is not the answer to these problems anyway. All the government can do is use blunt force and theft. It has no means of solving these problems other than by forcing people to do what it says. That isn't a way to solve problems, that's a way to create new problems.

So basically we should dissolve the federal government and just let everyone do as they please? And this will make for a coherent and effective nation?

After the events of '08, I don't know how anyone with a straight face can claim that deregulation and no government intervention is the proper path. We saw first hand the result of that lassiez-faire theory being put to the test when our economic system nearly collapsed, only to be saved by federal intervention. The neo cons and their proven to be false theories lost for a reason, people can see through the bullshit and our memories aren't as bad as the cons hoped they were.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

I really wish people would stop saying "conservative" when they mean "Republican." There is a difference.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe

No bodies forcing you to take federal aid, could always choose not to apply for it

I apologize in advance for semi trolling you
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

A libertarian =/= conservative.

And some people consider Republicans as conservative too, but they misuse and misunderstand the term.

If anything the OP should be direction their question to neo-conservatives, who aren't really conservative at all, other than using the name. Like if I started to call a prairie-dog, a canine.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #25
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I really wish people would stop saying "conservative" when they mean "Republican." There is a difference.
im not even worried about party affiliation. im just talking about liberals and conservatives in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
And some people consider Republicans as conservative too, but they misuse and misunderstand the term.
same taste different smell
Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #26
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe

wow. u really feel this way? libs are the ones who are bullies? poor people are entitled? idk what to say, joe. but i still love you
Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #27
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

I really hope this trend continues.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #28
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
im not even worried about party affiliation. im just talking about liberals and conservatives in general.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to you necessarily, just sort of a blanket statement from reading this thread and seeing how people are mentioning things 'conservatives' do and believe, when they're actually things that are Republican beliefs.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #29
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
True. Although many Republicans do have conservative beliefs on many matters, to insinuate that all or even many conservatives are Republican supporters is wrong.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #30
joe
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
So basically we should dissolve the federal government and just let everyone do as they please? And this will make for a coherent and effective nation?

After the events of '08, I don't know how anyone with a straight face can claim that deregulation and no government intervention is the proper path. We saw first hand the result of that lassiez-faire theory being put to the test when our economic system nearly collapsed, only to be saved by federal intervention. The neo cons and their proven to be false theories lost for a reason, people can see through the bullshit and our memories aren't as bad as the cons hoped they were.

When people claim laissez-faire and deregulation caused the 2008 recession, all they are doing is exposing their ignorance on the subject. It's like saying a lack of steroids caused Eddie Guerrero's death. No, it was too much steroids that caused his death, just like it was too much government involvement that caused both the housing bubble and the 2008 crash. And it is again too much government which is the culprit of the coming economic collapse, which will be much bigger than anything we've seen in decades. In time you will see the bond market bubble pop and the US dollar depreciate in value. Unemployment will rise into the double digits. And I'm sure people like you will be there blaming capitalism, yet again, for the problems that government has created.

The biggest culprits of the housing bubble/collapse were the following:

1- The federal reserve. By far the biggest share of the blame goes to them. It's their pumping money into the system that feeds asset bubbles, and creates the boom-bust cycle that most blame on capitalism. This was explained in F.A. Hayek's theory of the business cycle, which won him the Nobel prize in economics back in the 70's.

2- Anything after the Fed is a distant second, but Fannie and Freddie Mac, two government agencies, come in second. They were actively handing out subprime-mortgages all throughout the 2000's, knowing that if they succeeded they kept the profits, but if they failed the government would bail them out.

3- Government laws that forced banks to give mortgages to unqualified borrowers. If a bank was found to not be giving out loans to poor people, they were in violation of US government policy. Poor people who had no chance of paying back the loans, were given loans, thanks to US government mandate.

With these facts on the table, how could you sit there with a straight face and say we had a laissez faire banking system?
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: