Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board
Default How far back can we go?

Here's the game: Presidental race runner up and Super Bowl loser of each years.

NO cheating.

I'll start off

2012 Romney, Patriots
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How far back can we go?

2008 John McCain and Patriots
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

My honest guess was Al Gore for 2004 and without looking it up I still can't think of who was runner up that year

I'd guess the Patriots for the Super bowl runner up that year as well
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
My honest guess was Al Gore for 2004 and without looking it up I still can't think of who was runner up that year

I'd guess the Patriots for the Super bowl runner up that year as well
2004: John Kerry, Panthers
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

2000: Gore, and I believe the giants lost to the ravens
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
2004: John Kerry, Panthers

2000, Al Gore and Tennessee? I think that was the year they lost to St Louis.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

96 Dole, but don't know the super bowl loser.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
goldenryan
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

Almost said Pats, but that was the 1997 SB. Pitt lost to Dallas in 96.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

92 George Bush Sr. and the Jets?
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast
92 George Bush Sr. and the Jets?

I'm gonna guess Buffalo. Wasn't that about the time they lost a bunch in a row? I don't know who beat them, but I want to say Dallas. I'm pretty much done here, don't know too much about the NFL pre-1996.

EDIT: Just checked...I was right about Buffalo, wrong about Dallas. The Skins won that year.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

oooh....Dukakis for the runner up? 88?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
oooh....Dukakis for the runner up? 88?

yes he was, going to guess the 49ers beat the bengals.

in 84 Reagan beat mondale, Going to guess the 49 ers beat the dolphins.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: