Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #31
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Black Christian here, ask me anything

Which particular denomination of Christianity do you adhere to and what separates it from the 'average church' as you put it?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #32
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Which particular denomination of Christianity do you adhere to and what separates it from the 'average church' as you put it?
Non-denominational and I actually just changed "average church" to "a lot of churches". I'm not one of those extremist that puts down all other denominations
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #33
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Non-denominational and I actually just changed "average church" to "a lot of churches". I'm not one of those extremist that puts down all other denominations

OK, so let me rephrase- what are the hallmarks of your non-denominational church? Like what are your core beliefs, rituals, etc?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #34
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
OK, so let me rephrase- what are the hallmarks of your non-denominational church? Like what are your core beliefs, rituals, etc?
We believe everything in the bible is true, thats it.
Rituals? You mean things like bread and wine?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
We believe everything in the bible is true, thats it.
Rituals? You mean things like bread and wine?

I figured you weren't Catholic, so figured you didn't engage in the whole wine and crackers bit. And does that mean you take everything in the bible to be literally true, the unquestionable word of God? If so, what do you base that on exactly?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #36
BuGzBuNNy

Quote:
I figured you weren't Catholic, so figured you didn't engage in the whole wine and crackers bit. And does that mean you take everything in the bible to be literally true, the unquestionable word of God? If so, what do you base that on exactly?
I believe everything that was written in the bible was written because God wanted it to be. I'm not sure what you mean by "what do you base that on exactly?"
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #37
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
I believe everything that was written in the bible was written because God wanted it to be. I'm not sure what you mean by "what do you base that on exactly?"

I mean, say JK Rowling said that the Harry Potter series was a factual History and the infallible word of God... I imagine you would not believe her claims. So what about the writings of whoever the authors of the testaments were makes that same claim believable in your mind? What makes you so sure the bible is the word of God and written the way he/she/it intended it to be?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #38
BuGzBuNNy

Quote:
So what about the writings of whoever the authors of the testaments were makes that same claim believable in your mind? What makes you so sure the bible is the word of God and written the way he/she/it intended it to be?
Someone else could better tell you than I, but when I read scripts from the bible it seems too relevant to have been written (how long ago?) without an almighty behind it.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #39
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

How devout are you about your Christianity?

Did you stay a virgin until marriage?

Whats your opinion on gay marriage?

Do you tithe 10% of your income to the church?

Do you believe in hell?

Do you believe the world is less than 10,000 years old?

Do you literally believe the bible? Eg. Do you believe God turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt?

And if so why did God stop doing cool stuff like that?

Do you believe in evolution?

Do you believe in the big bang theory?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Someone else could better tell you than I, but when I read scripts from the bible it seems too relevant to have been written (how long ago?) without an almighty behind it.

Send me links if you can find any.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
BuGzBuNNy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
How devout are you about your Christianity?
Haven't been to church going on two years. I was once told that its not about the # of times you eff up(God's not keeping a tally), but about your commitment to bettering yourself and doing right. I'm always trying to do what I believe God wants of me and my goal is to be the perfect Christian. But...I'm a sex fien, and thats honestly my biggest guilt. That and my insecurities

Quote:
Did you stay a virgin until marriage?
Na. I've been engaging in sexual activity since, 6th grade? I don't think I actually ever penetrated until like the 9th grade, though. I'm a recovering mastur bation addict

Quote:
Whats your opinion on gay marriage?
Against it

Quote:
Do you tithe 10% of your income to the church?
No. I didn't have an income two years ago but I did tithe a little of what was given to me

Quote:
Do you believe in hell?
Yes

Quote:
Do you believe the world is less than 10,000 years old?
Idk

Quote:
Do you literally believe the bible? Eg. Do you believe God turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt?
I believe everything in the bible is true, yes. I'll also say that I believe that believing 100% is the equivalent of knowing in which I don't.

Quote:
And if so why did God stop doing cool stuff like that?
Idk

Quote:
Do you believe in evolution?
I'll assume you mean evolutionism over creationism in which no I don't

Quote:
Do you believe in the big bang theory?
No. Then again theirs the possibility that God created the big bang theory. The bible probably discounts that possibility and I just don't know

Last edited by BuGzBuNNy : 11-09-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Haven't been to church going on two years. I was once told that its not about the # of times you eff up(God's not keeping a tally), but about your commitment to bettering yourself and doing right. I'm always trying to do what I believe God wants of me and my goal is to be the perfect Christian. But...I'm a sex fien, and thats honestly my biggest guilt. That and my insecurities

Na. I've been engaging in sexual activity since, 6th grade? I don't think I actually ever penetrated until like the 9th grade, though. I'm a recovering mastur bation addict

Against it

No. I didn't have an income two years ago but I did tithe a little of what was given to me

Yes

Idk

I believe everything in the bible is true, yes. I'll also say that I believe that believing 100% is the equivalent of knowing in which I don't.

Idk

I'll assume you mean evolutionism over creationism in which no I don't

No. Then again theirs the possibility that God created the big bang theory. The bible probably discounts that possibility and I just don't know

Thank you for your honest responses. I am an atheist myself, still publicly identify as a christian cos I don't want to offend family.

One follow up question, I'm sure as a Christian you know how God supposedly frowns upon sexual promiscuity, he smited Sodom and Gomorrah. Since you believe in hell, any concern about eternal damnation?

A literal interpretation of the bible does disallow the big bang theory.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #43
BuGzBuNNy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Since you believe in hell, any concern about eternal damnation?
Its my utmost driving force

Quote:
A literal interpretation of the bible does disallow the big bang theory.
Thanks. Kinda figured but I didn't want to say it as if I knew when I wasn't completely sure
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #44
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why don't you believe in evolution? You know evolution is pretty much a known fact right?

BTW I am a christian so I am not being hostile at all
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #45
BuGzBuNNy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Why don't you believe in evolution? You know evolution is pretty much a known fact right?

BTW I am a christian so I am not being hostile at all

I assume you're talking about the evolution that suggest we come from apes? If the bible discounts that, I don't believe in it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: