Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
broy
Decent playground baller

broy has an OK reputation so far
Default Portland's future!

First of all, trade LMA to another team as the new leader is Damian Lillard.

Portland receives: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist + Bismarck Biyombo + DeSagna Diop (expirer) + Matt Carroll (expirer) + Portland's 2013 first round draft pick (which is owed to Charlotte) + Detroit's 2013 first round draft pick

Charlotte receives: LaMarcus Aldridge + Joel Freeland + Victor Claver + draft rights to Konstantinos Papanikolaou

-----------------------------

With that capspace, Portland would chase Paul Millsap and offer him almost max contract. Also, Millsap is owed to Portland as he got that his current deal.

Till Millsap arrives, roster is like:

Lillard / Price / Smith
Matthews / Pavlovic / Carroll
Batum / MKG / Babbitt
Biyombo / Jeffries
Hickson / Leonard / Diop

Not a playoff team, so tank forever!

Defensive bigs like Nerlens Noel or Steven Adams from 2013 draft class fits Portland's needs. Noel will be a top pick, but Steven Adams is safer bet.

Lillard ($ 3.202.920) /
Matthews ($ 6.875.480) /
Batum ($ 11.295.250) / MKG ($ 4.809.840)
Millsap ($ 12.500.000) / Biyombo ($ 3.049.920)
Adams ($ 2.500.000) / Leonard ($ 2.222.160)

There will be still enough cap room to sign Randy Foye, Tony Allen and Antawn Jamison.

Lillard / Foye
Matthews / Allen
Batum / MKG
Millsap / Biyombo / Jamison
Adams / Leonard
broy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board
Default Re: Portland's future!

LMA to Houston for everyone not named Harden.. =(
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't see any hurry to trade Aldridge. Just because Lillard could be the new leader, doesn't mean he can't co-exist with Aldridge. I think they are a great fit together actually. However, that package you designed works. Nothing from Houston I would want outside of Harden, but even then I wouldn't do Aldridge for Harden straight up, I'd still need much more incentive.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't see any hurry to trade Aldridge. Just because Lillard could be the new leader, doesn't mean he can't co-exist with Aldridge. I think they are a great fit together actually. However, that package you designed works. Nothing from Houston I would want outside of Harden, but even then I wouldn't do Aldridge for Harden straight up, I'd still need much more incentive.
Agreed. I think the Lillard/LMA pairing is working pretty well so far. Why the rush to move LMA?
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
broy
Decent playground baller

broy has an OK reputation so far

Millsap + 2 first rounders + MKG + Biyombo > LMA
broy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Well, Batum and MKG don't play the same position, ideally, so yea...but they do.

And also, lol is a good word...but I hope to all Heavens you do trade LMA and that a 3rd team gets involved and he ends up in NY, where I would consider worshiping him. Get it done.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Well, Batum and MKG don't play the same position, ideally, so yea...but they do.

And also, lol is a good word...but I hope to all Heavens you do trade LMA and that a 3rd team gets involved and he ends up in NY, where I would consider worshiping him. Get it done.

I don't want to see LMA leave Portland, he belongs there. Kind of like Dirk to Dallas.. but if he does leave, OKC have dibs
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

LaMarcus Aldridge + JJ Hickson = Twin Towers!
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
TexasBloodMoney
Serious playground baller

TexasBloodMoney has not been impressing people

So Portland is supposed to trade their best player, who is on a great contract so that they could eventually sign Millsap to a Max contract?

Yeah no thanks. The Blazers will be a playoff team in the next year or two. LMA loves Portland and there's literally no incentive to trade him now when he's still young enough to grow with this team.

Edit: And they can sign players like Foye/Jamison without trading Aldridge. They'll have some money to work with next offseason when they dump all the crappy players.

Last edited by TexasBloodMoney : 11-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
TexasBloodMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is considered somewhat coollilgodfather1 is considered somewhat coollilgodfather1 is considered somewhat cool

If he was 29 or older I would agree about trading him given Portland's rebuilding situation, but he's not... Still trade you Anderson Varejao, and Luke Walton for him though. If you're lucky i'd even throw in an Orlando second rounder...
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
Fudge
Budadiiii stan

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here

As much as I love Ibaka on OKC, i'd be willing to give him up for LMA. I dont know if Portland fans would bite on that though. Maybe we can throw in Lamb as well? But If we can acquire Aldridge without having to give up Ibaka, that'd be almost perfect.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

what a stupid statement. trade aldridge because they have a new leader? or how about build around those two young studs.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 AM   #13
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by broy
Millsap + 2 first rounders + MKG + Biyombo > LMA

Millsap on a near max contract + MKG + Biyombo + 2 first rounders only makes sense if 1 of those 2 first rounders are super high picks, because none of those guys makes up for the loss of Aldridge. You don't get far with a collection of moderately talented guys in the league. You do much better with guys that are top or near the top of their positions, which Aldridge is. Also, getting MKG is a bit redundant when we have Batum, who is on a not so easy to trade contract.

In the end, we'd end up with much of our salary tied up in Batum and Millsap. That is not good. That leaves very little room for flexibility, so we would depend on everybody else already on the roster panning out ideally.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #14
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by broy
First of all, trade LMA to another team as the new leader is Damian Lillard.

Portland receives: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist + Bismarck Biyombo + DeSagna Diop (expirer) + Matt Carroll (expirer) + Portland's 2013 first round draft pick (which is owed to Charlotte) + Detroit's 2013 first round draft pick

Charlotte receives: LaMarcus Aldridge + Joel Freeland + Victor Claver + draft rights to Konstantinos Papanikolaou

-----------------------------

With that capspace, Portland would chase Paul Millsap and offer him almost max contract. Also, Millsap is owed to Portland as he got that his current deal.

Till Millsap arrives, roster is like:

Lillard / Price / Smith
Matthews / Pavlovic / Carroll
Batum / MKG / Babbitt
Biyombo / Jeffries
Hickson / Leonard / Diop

Not a playoff team, so tank forever!

Defensive bigs like Nerlens Noel or Steven Adams from 2013 draft class fits Portland's needs. Noel will be a top pick, but Steven Adams is safer bet.

Lillard ($ 3.202.920) /
Matthews ($ 6.875.480) /
Batum ($ 11.295.250) / MKG ($ 4.809.840)
Millsap ($ 12.500.000) / Biyombo ($ 3.049.920)
Adams ($ 2.500.000) / Leonard ($ 2.222.160)

There will be still enough cap room to sign Randy Foye, Tony Allen and Antawn Jamison.

Lillard / Foye
Matthews / Allen
Batum / MKG
Millsap / Biyombo / Jamison
Adams / Leonard

Stopped reading there.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
LakersForlife
Serious playground baller

LakersForlife is starting to rub some people the wrong way