Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
mjokc
Local High School Star

Default We gonna act like Serge Ibaka hasn't scored 21 or more 3 games in a row?

I know Serge has a long way to go, but I remember how quickly everyone was to say that OKC should have traded Serge instead of Harden and how great Harden is. Meanwhile Serge is lighting it up and Harden is getting bent over by any Western team with a good perimeter defender.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
StateOfMind12
Banned

Default Re: We gonna act like Serge Ibaka hasn't scored 21 or more 3 games in a row?

I haven't watched much OKC but I always knew Serge had serious potential offensively.

I've always thought Brooks was an idiot for not making an attempt to use him as the offensive post-player that everybody wanted OKC to have.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
mjokc
Local High School Star

Default Re: We gonna act like Serge Ibaka hasn't scored 21 or more 3 games in a row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I haven't watched much OKC but I always knew Serge had serious potential offensively.

I've always thought Brooks was an idiot for not making an attempt to use him as the offensive post-player that everybody wanted OKC to have.

Oh man, don't get me started on Brooks.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Ibaka has developed a nice mid-range J's since last season. With that and Durant&Westbrook on your team --- easy buckets 24/7
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
fsvr54
National High School Star

LOL, is any team happy with their coach?
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend

Small correction: this was the second game in a row he's gotten 21+, not third. He got 17 against Toronto a couple games ago. But he is averaging 21 PPG over his last three.

Had to miss tonight's game. How'd he get his points tonight? A lot of jumpers again or did he mix it up inside some?

Since his two poor games to start the season, though, he's looked good.

4 G, 19.3 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 3.0 BPG, .674 FG% (31/46)

I'd like to see that RPG number closer to 8 or 9 but he had a 4 rebound game in the blowout win over the Raptors where he only played 23 minutes.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
LOL, is any team happy with their coach?

Spurs, maybe?

I'd have to think the vast majority of their fans are happy with Popovich.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #8
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

Ibaka was great today. He's definitely improving on the offensive end, which is exactly what we need.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Small correction: this was the second game in a row he's gotten 21+, not third. He got 17 against Toronto a couple games ago. But he is averaging 21 PPG over his last three.

Had to miss tonight's game. How'd he get his points tonight? A lot of jumpers again or did he mix it up inside some?

Since his two poor games to start the season, though, he's looked good.

4 G, 19.3 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 3.0 BPG, .674 FG% (31/46)

I'd like to see that RPG number closer to 8 or 9 but he had a 4 rebound game in the blowout win over the Raptors where he only played 23 minutes.

My mistake, still just glad to see him playing well when everyone was slobbering over Harden. Most were jumpers but he did get a few inside. the biggest change I see in his game is he is actually creating some of his offense.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
Chapallaz
Banned

We gonna act like the thread title isnt a lie?
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Who thought trading Ibaka was a good idea? I don't remember anyone saying that personally. Big men are at a premium in the NBA, especially ones with Ibaka's unique combination of shot blocking, and shooting ability.

I think the Thunder have a very interesting mix of players, and in a couple of years I don't think it will be rediculous to say they will have three top 20 players on their roster, without Harden, possibly 4 top 20 players if Lamb develops, or that Raptors pick cashes in.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

I always thought he was a better rebounder than that. Not sure why.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ę

Next Shaq.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
BlackVVaves
College superstar

He was impressive this week, but I still think him essentially becoming a jump shooter (though efficient) is just adding a redundant dynamic. OKC would be nearly unstoppable if his touch from 12-18 feet from the basket became his touch from 2-8 feet.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: