Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

0-3... or 0-11 if including preseasons (wasted 8 practice game)

Kinda sad for a big lux tax and nothing to celebrate yet...and seemingly no sign of white light or end of the tunnel yet.

With Nash leg not well from the start...I think by 0-12, head coach position will be changed from many different stake holders and fans putting pressure on the Lakers. As those pile up, it makes it even harder for Lakers to focus as external noise build up.

Just for the fun of it to provide amusement in lieu of Lakers entertainment so...

A. Who is the next best coach most suitable for the Lakers now should Brown get fired?

So far from other threads:

Coach K

Phil Jackson

D'Antoni

Jerry Sloan

Jeff Gundy?

Kurt Rambis?

Rick Adelman?

Derek Fisher?

Nate McMillan

Brian Shaw

DLaker?

=====

Personally, I vote for Phil but it sounds like Jim Buss might have burn the bridge?
As for D'Antoni, I think he is not a good fit because the team super stars are not young and more with other 2 are giant elephants

B. Any roster changes needed?

Personally, I think by All-Star, if BIG 4 not working, I see Gasol or other superstars maybe traded

C. Any other changes?

Last edited by kobesabi : 11-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups

VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

Hmm. Good question. I REALLY wish we had dropped this turd during the offseason, so we could have ha d a coherent camp and preseason. It will be a harsh transition to a new coach..then again, it's not like it isn't harsh now!
My vote goes to Jerry Sloan. I think Phil is out of the picture for various reasons(Burnt bridges, paying him, age and health), and I do NOT think D'Antoni would be much better than Brown(See the Knicks). I would just like someone who actually puts a steady rotation on the floor and can adjust after halftime.
And, THAT'S the scariest part...wishing we had a farking NBA coach who knows how to sub and adjust in-game and game to game. An N-B-A COACH!
Depressing.
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
LosLakers
I brick open layups

LosLakers has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasLakerFan
Hmm. Good question. I REALLY wish we had dropped this turd during the offseason, so we could have ha d a coherent camp and preseason. It will be a harsh transition to a new coach..then again, it's not like it isn't harsh now!
My vote goes to Jerry Sloan. I think Phil is out of the picture for various reasons(Burnt bridges, paying him, age and health), and I do NOT think D'Antoni would be much better than Brown(See the Knicks). I would just like someone who actually puts a steady rotation on the floor and can adjust after halftime.
And, THAT'S the scariest part...wishing we had a farking NBA coach who knows how to sub and adjust in-game and game to game. An N-B-A COACH!
Depressing.

Sorry a bit offtopic-- How you gonna watch the games this year Vegas? Im out here in Summerlin with Directv. Seems like im gonna have to get a slingbox and put it @ the parents house. So ridiculous we get blacked out in Vegas.. Not even in the same state.
LosLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups

VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosLakers
Sorry a bit offtopic-- How you gonna watch the games this year Vegas? Im out here in Summerlin with Directv. Seems like im gonna have to get a slingbox and put it @ the parents house. So ridiculous we get blacked out in Vegas.. Not even in the same state.

Sh**y streams. Actually, I moved to Oregon awhile ago; this is an old account I never used. They have had Laker games in Vegas for the last thrity years(It's how I became a Lakers fan- Thanks, Chick Hearn), but not even COX has them anymore. So, if I DID live in Vegas, I would be PISSED.
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
0-3... or 0-11 if including preseasons (wasted 8 practice game)

Kinda sad for a big lux tax and nothing to celebrate yet...and seemingly no sign of white light or end of the tunnel yet.

With Nash leg not well from the start...I think by 0-12, head coach position will be changed from many different stake holders and fans putting pressure on the Lakers. As those pile up, it makes it even harder for Lakers to focus as external noise build up.

Just for the fun of it to provide amusement in lieu of Lakers entertainment so...

A. Who is the next best coach most suitable for the Lakers now should Brown get fired?

So far from other threads:

Phil Jackson

D'Antoni

Jerry Sloan

Jeff Gundy?

Kurt Rambis?

Rick Adelman?

Derek Fisher?

DLaker?

=====

Personally, I vote for Phil but it sounds like Jim Buss might have burn the bridge?
As for D'Antoni, I think he is not a good fit because the team super stars are not young and more with other 2 are giant elephants

B. Any roster changes needed?

Personally, I think by All-Star, if BIG 4 not working, I see Gasol or other superstars maybe traded

C. Any other changes?

Phil Jackson.......I'd be cool with that.....why the heck not!!!

D'Antoni.....No freaking way!!!!!

Jerry Sloan......YES

Jeff Gundy?

Kurt Rambis?........Hell, MFking No, not now not ever!!!

Rick Adelman? Would be my #1 choice by far if he was available.

Derek Fisher? Brilliant man across the board....I'd take him in a heartbeat

DLaker?.....lol, thanks but there's no point to putting myself into this......although I can easily coach circles around Mike Brown.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

my opinion:

NO to:
SVG - cant stand his voice, dont like his interviews, dont like his O
DAntoni - dont like him at all, hate this "must score in 7 seconds" crap, no D
Rambis - not good enough for the Lakers
Fisher - dont know him as coach, unproven, why him now and not Shaw last year?
PJax -great coach, but the Lakers should move on

YES to:
JVG - always liked him as coach and person
McMillan - good coach, dont know if he is good enough for the Lakers

MAYBE to:
Sloan -he is not a good but a great coach! love him. but he is old now and LA is not Salt Lake City. i am not sure if his blue collar style works with our holywood divas in purple and gold.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Mike Dunleavy

He'll make the Lakers play actual D but will also give the reigns of the offense to the guards and not try to micromanage that.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Angry Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

#1 coach K

#2 the zen master

#3 Coach Fisher

2 players must go Kobe and Kobe!!!!

Lol I meant Gasol and Steve ( Blake).

Peace out!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

1)Phil Jackson
2)Jerry Sloan
3)Jeff Van Gundy

Players they should look to trade for a better bench: Blake, Duhon, Morris, Clark, Jamison, World Peace

1) Duhon and Jamison to Philly for Dorrell Wright.
2) Blake, Clark and World Peace to Clippers for Bledsoe and Odom.
3) Sign Chris Douglas Roberts

Lakers:
PG: Nash | Bledsoe | Morris
SG: Bryant | Meeks | Johnson-Odom
SF: Wright | Ebanks | Douglas-Roberts
PF: Gasol | Odom
C: Howard | Hill | Sacre

Younger legs in Wright for the starting unit, a new transition oriented offense with Nash, Kobe, Wright and Howard running the floor. Tough second unit lead by Bledsoe who can put up points.

Last edited by BallsOut : 11-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Arrow Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
1)Phil Jackson
2)Jerry Sloan
3)Jeff Van Gundy

Players they should look to trade for a better bench: Blake, Duhon, Morris, Clark, Jamison, World Peace

1) Duhon and Jamison to Philly for Dorrell Wright.
3) Sign Chris Douglas Roberts

Lakers:
PG: Nash | Bledsoe | Morris
SG: Bryant | Meeks | Johnson-Odom
SF: Wright | Ebanks | Douglas-Roberts
PF: Gasol | Odom
C: Howard | Hill | Sacre

Younger legs in Wright for the starting unit, a new transition oriented offense with Nash, Kobe, Wright and Howard running the floor. Tough second unit lead by Bledsoe who can put up points.

Can you replace Artest with someone?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While I think this thread is too early, I say Jerry Sloan and its not even close.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Mike Dunleavy

He'll make the Lakers play actual D but will also give the reigns of the offense to the guards and not try to micromanage that.

Haha.... qrich = Clippers fan trying to ruin our team.....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

I would love Jerry Sloan. Nash and the P&R= A coach anyone in the NBA would be afraid to fight. Dude is tough

I really think there is an embargo on JVG. Don't know how that dude aint got a coaching job.

BShaw baby, better late than never.

never thought about McMillan, but he has had success in an uptempo and a slow down style of ball. That would be good to have on a team with this many weapons.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #14
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
1)Phil Jackson
2)Jerry Sloan
3)Jeff Van Gundy

I like this...PJAx, Coach K, Jerry Sloan, Jeff Gundy. Anybody knows why Coach K has been declining the 5 NBA coaching position offers?

From the way Bledsoe been playing, I doubt they agree to that.

Hell no Dun Leavy...we don't want to carry the Clippers curse.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

If PJax won't come back ......

Nate McMillian !!!

He's phenomenal!!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: