Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Suns down 26 points? No problem. 3rd biggest comeback ever in franchise history.

Anyone else watch this game? That was crazy! The Cavs were on FIRE early on, but the Suns hung in there and didn't give up, slowly but surely chipping away at the lead little by little and eventually stealing the game right at the end. Proud of this team... there's quite a few new faces on the roster, a lot of young guys who haven't played with each other before(and no star players either), and yet they manage to come together when they're struggling and pull off a comeback like this so early in the season. That's a good sign for the future.

Also some REAL TALK, why the hell does everyone think Shannon Brown sucks so much? He's been an amazing pick up for the Suns even since we signed him and started giving him more minutes last year. It seems like the more minutes we give him, the better he plays. He's been surprisingly clutch for us. He has elite-level athleticism. He's been one of our most consistent scorers when we're down need someone to step up and make shots. He's one of the hardest working guys on the team. He comes off the bench behind Jared Dudley(despite Dudley playing like sh1t this year), yet he accepts this role, doesn't complain, and still hustles and produces like a starter the best he can. And to top this all off, the Suns have him for dirt cheap (2 years/7 million).

So why does he have such a bad reputation? I was so glad we just re-signed him for a cheap, short term contract instead of giving someone like Mayo $10mil a year(which is what he reportedly tried to get from us) for similar production levels.

Last edited by wagexslave : 11-10-2012 at 12:03 AM.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Suns down 26 points? No problem. 3rd biggest comeback ever in franchise history.

bump. no one has anything to say about Shannon Brown? dude is really impressing me. still don't see why everyone thinks he sucks. are the Suns simply utilizing his skills more than other teams have in the past or is he just legitimately improving his game?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Suns down 26 points? No problem. 3rd biggest comeback ever in franchise history.

LOL @ the responses.

you still have Beasley and wes johnson. good luck the rest of the year
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
RRR3
NBA Legend

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Beasley needs to get it together. His low FG% hurts my fantasy team. I liked that 21/14/7 line the other day though
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
LOL @ the responses.

We're not a good team. We have 0 star players. probably wont make the playoffs this year, you don't have to tell me that. this is a team that just started rebuilding. yet they already have a solid core group of role players and players who can produce big. and they're already showing chemistry. put a legit elite player on this team and they're instant contenders. to be able to say that already makes me happy.

btw wes johnson doesn't even get minutes... lol
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Good game to watch but it was against the Cavs, you must have known that they would choke it away.

Impressive nonetheless. If Beasley starts driving instead of shooting so many jumpshots the Suns could be a good team. He is passing extremely well though so I guess you cant complain too much.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
LOL @ the responses.

this.

lazy bums will ruin the suns
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #8
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Derivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputation

i missed the fourth quarter. where was irving in the fourth? looks like he didn't score a single point in that quarter
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #9
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
i missed the fourth quarter. where was irving in the fourth? looks like he didn't score a single point in that quarter
He really looked winded out there in the 4th. He was out there playing fast paced the majority of the game and was having a hard time keeping up with Dragic defensively towards the end.

The game was basically a tale of 2 halfs. The Cavs spent a lot of their energy in the first half playing scrappy defense and trying to get the ball into the paint and get good shots, playing as fast paced offense as they possibly could, while it looked like the Suns weren't really putting in a full effort on either side of the court... it's almost like they hadn't completely shown up to the game yet and were just going through the motions and chucking up jumpshots from the outside. Then in the 2nd half it seems like the Cavs were just running out of gas from all of the effort they put in the first half, but the Suns still had plenty of energy to spare and finally got their minds in the game stepped it up playing with more energy, scrappier defense, and finally looking like they had a sense of urgency which made them stop taking so many bad shots.

Also, Alvin Gentry plays bench players and rests starters in the 3rd and 4th quarter more than most teams, so that could've also been a factor as to why Cleveland's starters were getting so tired compared to Phoenix's.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
NattyPButter
High School Varsity 6th Man

NattyPButter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
He's still sick along with CJ Miles...don't care if Miles sick he still sucks.
NattyPButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #11
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I might be more impressed that a 26 point comeback is only the third biggest comeback in franchise history.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
LOL @ the responses.

you sound salty you b*tch now stfu and watch your team miss the western conference playoffs year after year
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
this.

lazy bums will ruin the suns

LOL. man you are a t'wolves fan just stfu im sure he didnt ask for your opinion just respect the fact that the suns have a better chance at the playoffs than your bum ass t'wolves.

same team who hasn't done nothing since KG left you
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It may have been a bit more impressive if it was the normal variety of 20+ point comebacks... As in, a team builds a lead over a series of quarters only to have it come crashing down by a wild run to end the game.

In this game, the Cavs came out absolutely killing it. But, by about the 9 minute mark of the second quarter, the lead was already under 15 and it was down to 5 early in the third quarter.

Frankly, I was a little surprised that the Cavs battled back and took a lead late again after trailing semi-early in the fourth quarter. At that point, I thought it was going to end as a blowout for the Suns.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-10-2012 at 04:03 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #15
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I might be more impressed that a 26 point comeback is only the third biggest comeback in franchise history.
Their largest comeback was 29 against the Celtics in 2003. Doesn't surprise me they have so many comebacks like that, as they've just historically been such an up-and-down team. They're the 4th all-time winningest team in NBA, yet they've never won an NBA title. That's about as up-and-down as you can get.

Unfortunately, even with their best rosters(such as the Nash or Barkley eras), they've never really been an ultra-consistent team. And in my opinion, being consistently solid on both sides of the court is THE most important thing in winning a championship in the NBA. But my Suns have just never found that. They blow big leads, they make big comebacks, let teams send the game to OT. Even when they're really good and the team they're playing is really bad, the game usually still comes right down to the wire. And even when we're at our worst we still somehow manage to win 30-40 games just because so many of those games came down to the final minutes. It's kind of ridiculous

Being a fan of them is like a roller coaster ride. I don't even get that pissed when they blow leads, or happy when they gain big leads anymore. I just watch the game without any expectations and enjoy the ride... lol I can't let my blood pressure get out of control any more when watching them(same with my Cardinals, but even worse... I feel like I'm going to have a stroke when watching them sometimes. They're called the "Cardiac Cards" for a reason, and they're probably the most heart stressing team on the planet to be a fan of )

Last edited by wagexslave : 11-10-2012 at 04:46 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: