Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has no real reputation yet.
Default Only Wilt, Oscar, Bird, and KG have averaged 20, 10, and 6+. Can LBJ keep it up?

Only Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Roberton, Larry Bird, and Kevin Garnett have ever averaged 20 pts, 10 reb, and 6 assists or more per game.

Wilt did it three times, Oscar did it three times, Bird did it twice, and KG did it once in 2003.

Lebron is currently averaging 22.2 pts, 10.0 reb, and 6.2 assists per game on only 33 minutes per game (due to him sitting at the end of the game in a few blow outs).

Do you think he can keep it up? To me the only way he'll miss it is if there are too many blow outs and he keeps playing only 33 mpg.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people
Default Re: Only Wilt, Oscar, Bird, and KG have averaged 20, 10, and 6+. Can LBJ keep it up?

I see nothing that says he wouldn't. He is a great passer so the assist will keep coming. He's going to score. He always seems to be around the ball for the rebounds..

So, yeah, should be easy for him to get it. Lebron continuing to add to his legacy. What a player.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Only Wilt, Oscar, Bird, and KG have averaged 20, 10, and 6+. Can LBJ keep it up?

NOTE: Bird averaged 20, 10 and 6 for his entire CAREER.

24.3 points, 10.0 rebounds, 6.3 assists.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
k0kakw0rld
Local High School Star

k0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryk0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r

GOAT
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

lebron has never in his life averaged 10rpg. why would he keep it up?

lol@ OP

he'l finish the season with 25/8/6
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
wpdougie2180
Decent playground baller

wpdougie2180 has an OK reputation so far

He may but he's never even avg. 8 rebounds a games so I'd say that would be the hardest part for him to pull off. If you believe he's a better rebounder than prime Gerald Wallace (avg. 10.0 rbs) then he could.
wpdougie2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
k0kakw0rld
Local High School Star

k0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryk0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
lebron has never in his life averaged 10rpg. why would he keep it up?

lol@ OP

he'l finish the season with 25/8/6

20/10/10 book it.
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
SHAQisGOAT

SHAQisGOAT has decent reputationSHAQisGOAT has decent reputation

I think he will be extremely close to it this season, he has the talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r

Dude was still able to average 20.2/9.6/6.8 playing less than 37 minutes, at 35 yo, in his last year, under such debilitating conditions most wouldn't put up with, his team playing at a less than 96 pace, with a USG% of 24.7
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

If LeBron made a conscious effort to get 20/10/6 he could do it for sure, just like i'm pretty sure that Kobe could, but I seriously doubt that LeBron is even aware that only four players have done it, and if he was i'm not even sure he would care...

This is another one of those meaningless stats like Blake Griffen being only one of however many rookies to do his rookie stats. At the end of the day this is only important to fans.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpdougie2180
He may but he's never even avg. 8 rebounds a games so I'd say that would be the hardest part for him to pull off. If you believe he's a better rebounder than prime Gerald Wallace (avg. 10.0 rbs) then he could.

He averaged 7.9 rebounds per game twice before in Cleveland. And there he was a perimeter player for the most part.

This year, Battier and him are starting as their two forwards. And Lebron is often guarding the bigger forward on the other team...who is usually playing closer to the basket.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
wpdougie2180
Decent playground baller

wpdougie2180 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
He averaged 7.9 rebounds per game twice before in Cleveland. And there he was a perimeter player for the most part.

This year, Battier and him are starting as their two forwards. And Lebron is often guarding the bigger forward on the other team...who is usually playing closer to the basket.

I know that what I'm saying is only 8 guys even avg. 10 rebounds last year (excluding a couple of guys with 9.6 and up to 9.9). And only 3 guys were 20/10 guys in the whole league. All I'm saying is it's very difficult too avg. 10 rebounds in today's league.
wpdougie2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
SHAQisGOAT

SHAQisGOAT has decent reputationSHAQisGOAT has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpdougie2180
I know that what I'm saying is only 8 guys even avg. 10 rebounds last year (excluding a couple of guys with 9.6 and up to 9.9). And only 3 guys were 20/10 guys in the whole league. All I'm saying is it's very difficult too avg. 10 rebounds in today's league.

Just because you don't have a lot of dudes averaging 10+ RPG doens't mean it's difficult, or more difficult than it ever was, I mean Gasol averaged 10.7 RPG playing alongside Bynum who also averaged 11.8 RPG, Love can average a whole bunch of rebounds, LeBron plays many times PG on offense and also guards perimeter players sometimes and was still able to average almost 8

Last edited by SHAQisGOAT : 11-10-2012 at 06:02 PM.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: