Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anyone live in North Carolina?

Specifically Raleigh or Durham area?

Looking at moving the fam down to that area possibly and wanted to know a little bit about economic opportunites, safety, etc..
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone live in North Carolina?

Yo ask this question in the Bobcats forum. Lot of nice folks there who only check out that forum and pretty sure most of them live in NC.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good point, son.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
AK47DR91

They love basketball and NASCAR. Land is flat unless you drive out west to Winston-Salem and Ashville areas. Durham and Raleigh areas is a lot better than Charlotte(kinda ghetto).

That's all I remember during my 2-year residency in NC when I was a young teen. Still got distant relatives there; cousins and in-law's.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
They love basketball and NASCAR. Land is flat unless you drive out west to Winston-Salem and Ashville areas. Durham and Raleigh areas is a lot better than Charlotte(kinda ghetto).

That's all I remember during my 2-year residency in NC when I was a young teen. Still got distant relatives there; cousins and in-law's.

Yeah I live in the ****ing ghetto.

Charlotte's a great city. Small enough to feel like a small town but big enough to have a major airport, major league sports and world class restaurants. I live 2 hours from my mountain house and 3 hours from the beach. We have 4 seasons: spring, summer, fall and late fall. We recently hosted the Democratic National Convention and got rave reviews.

The research triangle is fun because of the 3 colleges there: UNC, NC State and Durham Clown College (otherwise known as Dook). I go back to Chapel Hill several times a year and always have a great time.

I wouldn't live anywhere else.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

rufus how far is Charlotte from Durham area? I'm applying for work around Raleigh/Durham right now.

I've found some jobs in and round Durham like Apex. Apex?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
rufus how far is Charlotte from Durham area? I'm applying for work around Raleigh/Durham right now.

I've found some jobs in and round Durham like Apex. Apex?

Apex used to be a small town but is now more of a suburb of Raleigh-Durham. I like the area but it's very spread out. A lot of nice suburbs with no real "urb" if you know what I mean.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #8
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

North Carolina is great.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If i didn't live in Florida, NC would be on my short list of places to live. Seems pretty close to everything a person would need and want, the exception being an MLB franchise.

i'll be passing through Charlotte in a few weeks. Seems like a nice city.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
If i didn't live in Florida, NC would be on my short list of places to live. Seems pretty close to everything a person would need and want, the exception being an MLB franchise.

i'll be passing through Charlotte in a few weeks. Seems like a nice city.

Let me know when you're in town. I can steer you towards the places where the young people (or so I hear ) hang. I love this time of year when all the hotties are sporting tights and come-fuck-me boots.

Having a big airport is key for me. I'm 2hrs or less from NYC, Boston, DC, ATL, Miami, etc. Makes for a fun long weekend.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I was stationed in North Carolina. Very nice place. People were very nice for the most part. Compared to where I come from where people are rude and nasty. It was a pleasant change. I lived out East. Visited Raleigh a few times. I heard the cost of living in Raleigh was high. But jobs pay well in that area.

Last edited by senelcoolidge : 11-11-2012 at 01:50 PM.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carolina Pride!
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
I was stationed in North Carolina. Very nice place. People were very nice for the most part. Compared to where I come from where people are rude and nasty. It was a pleasant change. I lived out East. Visited Raleigh a few times. I heard the cost of living in Raleigh was high. But jobs pay well in that area.

That's what I'm coming to find that jobs are good and do pay pretty decent. I'm looking at renting and I'm finding some nice houses that are rent-to-own for pretty cheap.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: