Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #886
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

FIU just got the ball back and cut it to two after a terrible offensive foul call on WKU. It feels like the ref was just trying to keep the game exciting.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #887
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
The last Big East tournament ever held should be a grand one.

Sad to see it end. Lots of great memories over the past decades from the Big East tournament.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #888
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kelly Olynyk is a hell of a player. I've watched most of his games this year and the improvements he made during his redshirt year are unbelievable. His skill set is so polished and while he's not a freak athlete, he makes up for it with top notch agility and coordination for a 7 footer. He does a great job reading the game and making smart decisions on both ends of the floor and never seems to force anything. I'd take him in the top 10 without hesitation if I was in need of a big man.

It's a shame that playing in the WCC is keeping him out of NPOY discussions because he's as good as anyone in there.

I like Matthew Dellavadova from St. Mary's quite a bit as well. He reminds me of a young Jose Calderon and is a fiery player that guys love to play with.

Last edited by Grinder : 03-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #889
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Kelly Olynyk is a hell of a player. I've watched most of his games this year and the improvements he made during his redshirt year are unbelievable. His skill set is so polished and while he's not a freak athlete, he makes up for it with top notch agility and coordination for a 7 footer. He does a great job reading the game and making smart decisions on both ends of the floor and never seems to force anything. I'd take him in the top 10 without hesitation if I was in need of a big man.

It's a shame that playing in the WCC is keeping him out of NPOY discussions because he's as good as anyone in there.

I like Matthew Dellavadova from St. Mary's quite a bit as well. He reminds me of a young Jose Calderon and is a fiery player that guys love to play with.

I used to play with him when we were kids! His dad used to coach University of Toronto and did some work with the national team before they moved out west. His mom played too, and his sister was also a standout in HS. He always played up 3 or 4 years but was still one of the tallest kids on the team.

A lot of Canadians have been going south to play HS ball but it's nice to see Olynyk doing it the old fashioned way. Academic All-American as well fyi.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #890
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If OKC keeps the Toronto pick, I think I'd rather them take Olynyk over Len, Austin, or Gobert. That's how high I am on him. His ceiling isn't as high as any of those three probably, but I like him a lot more than those three right now. OKC needs someone who can help now and not another project to waste away on the bench.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #891
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

The more I watch these bigs, the less I'm a fan of their NBA prospects. The only one who has improved (for me) over the season has been Cauley. And that's just because he's getting more burn with Noel down.

I still really like what Austin brings to the table, but he's too damn perimeter oriented. It's the kiss of death for guys like him, imo. Like Anthony Randolph. These guys need to learn how to play on the block before they go pro. Too bad they won't.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #892
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

All these people on Twitter are on Nate Wolters's dick after his performance in the Summit Championship game. He did not impress me at all, has no chance of making an NBA roster. He's very slow, unathletic, and does not have the size to make up for those deficiencies. Won't sniff the league.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #893
ace23

I was just going to post that Cincinatti had only managed to put 8 points on the board after 15 minutes of play, then they go and hit threes on three consecutive possessions.

Cashmere Wright has made his last three three point attempts, and two of them were well beyond NBA three point range.

Last edited by ace23 : 03-14-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #894
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, I turned the game one and Cincinnati was down 24-8 with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. And now it's tied 31-31 not even 2 minutes into the second half. Impressive run they're on right now.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #895
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Georgetown is clicking on defence, JTIII has really put together a tough team to beat.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #896
IGotACoolStory

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

So I guess that is why Hanlan won ACC FOY. 41 points on 14-18 shooting. Oh, and he's Canadian.

Illinois and Minnesota coming down to the wire. Who is calling the game?

Oh hi, Gus Johnson. Illinois wins at the buzzer. Dat Gus The NCAA Tournament misses you.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 03-14-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #897
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
So I guess that is why Hanlan won ACC FOY. 41 points on 14-18 shooting. Oh, and he's Canadian.

Illinois and Minnesota coming down to the wire. Who is calling the game?

Oh hi, Gus Johnson. Illinois wins at the buzzer. Dat Gus The NCAA Tournament misses you.

Yea Hanlan is definitely one of the best shooters in college basketball, he's going to surprise a lot of people next year
Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #898
Burgz V2
Good college starter

man Steven Adams is massive
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #899
IGotACoolStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
man Steven Adams is massive

That guy has the ****ing biggest head I have ever seen. I feel bad for his mother.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #900
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
That guy has the ****ing biggest head I have ever seen. I feel bad for his mother.

have you seen his feet/hands? Dude looks like he's about to grow again
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: