Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #1441
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Welp, it was fun while it lasted Harvard.

Going around that Ben Howland's getting fired tomorrow. SHAKA WATCH STARTS NOW.

yep. and when Butler goes out, let the rumours swirl about Stevens.

I'd be kinda surprised if Shaka went to UCLA though. But if they guarantee him long term I don't know how he can turn it down.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #1442
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Switched over to the Arizona game to see if it's more competitive. Switched right back.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #1443
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
yep. and when Butler goes out, let the rumours swirl about Stevens.

I'd be kinda surprised if Shaka went to UCLA though. But if they guarantee him long term I don't know how he can turn it down.
I don't really know enough about Shaka to say if he'd go or not, but I'd be stunned if Stevens took it. I'd be stunned if Stevens took any job but Indiana or Duke, and even then I'd be surprised. I really think Stevens is at Butler for good.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #1444
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pitt signs Jamie Dixon to a 10 year extension. Jesus Christ.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #1445
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's kinda weird how much attention they're giving that CSU kid in the ram suit
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #1446
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn billycans dont **** me over
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #1447
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

All these games are blowouts... Oregon is impressive, tho.

Quote:
Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens, Mark Gottfried, Billy Donovan and Jay Wright are on UCLA’s wish list, the source said.
http://zagsblog.com/articles/source-...-fire-howland/

Not that I like Zagoria...

I was wondering about Gottfried. His name was brought up with UCLA last year too before Bazz bought Howland one more year. That would be a horrible hire, and I kind of want him to stay at State because he can't coach a lick.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 03-23-2013 at 08:11 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #1448
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

I was wondering about Gottfried. His name was brought up with UCLA last year too before Bazz bought Howland one more year. That would be a horrible hire, and I kind of want him to stay at State because he can't coach a lick.
Gottfried already was known for not getting the most out of his talent while at Alabama. He had some very talented teams there, too, and got past the first weekend of the tournament once. He probably overachieved in the tournament last year but, with arguably even more talent after the addition of T.J. Warren and Rodney Purvis, to go with Leslie, Howell, and Wood, they badly underachieved.

I agree, I don't want him to go to UCLA, either. I'm fine with him staying at NC State, getting good talent (keeping them away from some other schools as long as it's not UNC), and underachieving most years with said talent.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #1449
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't really know enough about Shaka to say if he'd go or not, but I'd be stunned if Stevens took it. I'd be stunned if Stevens took any job but Indiana or Duke, and even then I'd be surprised. I really think Stevens is at Butler for good.

well with them going to the Big East they are going to get a bit more exposure, and possibly be able to retain some more local talent (I know you don't want to hear that) and more talent in the midwest/east coast in general, so I think Stevens staying is much more likely. And with Coach K's career in its twilight, you could be right about Duke, don't know enough about IU and Crean's situation but all indications are he is there for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

This doesn't make sense. Why Gottfried? That would be a lateral move for UCLA imo.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1450
Burgz V2
Good college starter

rotnei clarke, i believe that's called going HAM
Old 03-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #1451
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
This doesn't make sense. Why Gottfried? That would be a lateral move for UCLA imo.

Carryover from last year?

He started his coaching career as an assistant at UCLA so there's that connection. And for whatever reason he was "hot" coach before entering this season.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #1452
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Both of my upset picks winning. (Butler and Oregon)
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #1453
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Both of my upset picks winning. (Butler and Oregon)

i got them too dont jinx
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #1454
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dammit billycans
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #1455
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Devonte Gardner, who looks like an offensive tackle (6'8" 290), just pulled of a Euro Step and made the layup on a fastbreak.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: