Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Default Re: Orlando Magic @ Brooklyn Nets 3:00 Est. 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Hey, if there are great coaches still left in the market I'm all for it, but who do you realistically see?
Im not sure, im not a GM and am not about to play an armchair one .

Though I do think Dantoni will do wonders with this offense, though the Defense will be crap, (Not that it is good now)
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #47
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Im not sure, im not a GM and am not about to play an armchair one .

Though I do think Dantoni will do wonders with this offense, though the Defense will be crap, (Not that it is good now)

Do you want the Knicks fans to laugh at us all the way?

Honestly though, before we played our first game I thought a run and gun type high powered offense wouldn't be a bad idea since we have a lot of scoring options, but then I realized just how slow Brook was.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #48
rodman91
Bulls

It looks like Nets is nothing but hype so far.Even Bobcats has shown better offensive & defensive plays so far. I wonder what Avery Johnson & Nets were doing all summer.

By the way, team's backcourt was almost considered as best in NBA but Lopez & Hump carries Nets team this season. Joe Johnson is a mess.. Bad offensive plays makes Williams look like average guard.

You never know but Knicks seems heavily favorite against Nets now.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman91
It looks like Nets is nothing but hype so far.Even Bobcats has shown better offensive & defensive plays so far. I wonder what Avery Johnson & Nets were doing all summer.

By the way, team's backcourt was almost considered as best in NBA but Lopez & Hump carries Nets team this season. Joe Johnson is a mess.. Bad offensive plays makes Williams look like average guard.

This is all based on 5 games?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #50
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:

I don't think anyone thought we'd contend right away. This is a brand new team with only 4 players returning from last season. We're gonna need time to mold.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #51
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Magic fans, why doesnt Nicholson play more?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #52
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

I know Teletovic didnt play tonight, but they should be looking to play him 20+ minutes a game, he was one of the best players in Europe and can shoot lights out. More blatche too, Humphries is very limited offensively, Blatche has post moves and can score more. Just my opinion...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

See, you are all coming to my thinking on Avery. I'm not bashing, i think he doesn't get the most out of your talent. It's pretty damn obvious to me.

Good win by the Nets. i think part of the game getting close is sometimes you just get dragged down to crappy teams level.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #54
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Quote:

this
Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
This is all based on 5 games?
and this.

I expect a lot from the Nets (not they become some contenders or anything) and picked up their guys to my fantasy team. So far, they have not delivered. Hoping for things to change. I have more fate than average in the Nets office and organization in general. They seem to be aiming to really do something, and that's great.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #55
rodman91
Bulls

From franchise stand point,Mikhail Prokhorov did great things. Moved organization to Brooklyn,NY and built a great arena, used Jay Z as a puppet in every chance they get to get more attention from media.

Even if they underachieve next couple of seasons, their future is bright. Superstars would like to join a team in NY, especially with a home crowd and getting all that media attetion.

If they can arrange cap space well, they'll be one of the places superstars would like to come in free agent season.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #56
Trentknicks
Banned

Quote:
From franchise stand point,Mikhail Prokhorov did great things. Moved organization to Brooklyn,NY and built a great arena, used Jay Z as a puppet in every chance they get to get more attention from media.

Even if they underachieve next couple of seasons, their future is bright. Superstars would like to join a team in NY, especially with a home crowd and getting all that media attetion.

If they can arrange cap space well, they'll be one of the places superstars would like to come in free agent season.
They traded away the no. 6 pick for a steadily declining Gerald Wallace. Wallace and JJ won't get any better and are both overpaid.

As for cap space, see JJ's contract, Lopez's ludicrous contract which his peak form won't ever earn, Humphries is over paid.

Plenty of franchises have made mistakes the last few years but Nets had the chance to essentially start fresh and didn't seem to learn much.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #57
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
They traded away the no. 6 pick for a steadily declining Gerald Wallace. Wallace and JJ won't get any better and are both overpaid.

As for cap space, see JJ's contract, Lopez's ludicrous contract which his peak form won't ever earn, Humphries is over paid.

Plenty of franchises have made mistakes the last few years but Nets had the chance to essentially start fresh and didn't seem to learn much.
So your suggesting that we start our first season in Brooklyn with no players (Deron would be in Dallas, JJ would not have came) and be a lottery team for the first few years? I'm sorry but that's not a good idea. We would have no fan base, our front office would lose so much money, and our team would be worse then our last few years in Jersey. We are in no way shape of form contenders, this team has a long way to go, but its important to have a team that will at least compete.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #58
rodman91
Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
So your suggesting that we start our first season in Brooklyn with no players (Deron would be in Dallas, JJ would not have came) and be a lottery team for the first few years? I'm sorry but that's not a good idea. We would have no fan base, our front office would lose so much money, and our team would be worse then our last few years in Jersey. We are in no way shape of form contenders, this team has a long way to go, but its important to have a team that will at least compete.

I agree with that. This roster can make second round and maybe more if they play extra good. Enough for a good start and make a name in the league.It would be heart breaking if they had roster like Magic and try to break Bobcats record after all that hype.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #59
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

I agree with most of what you say, but if not for a terrible collapse against Minny they really should be 4-1 and no one would think anything was wrong.

But yeah, JJ has been off. He's been best as a spot up shooter as opposed to trying to create anything. Deron has played well enough if not for his three point shit which he takes way too many and at a terrible percentage. He's fine on two pointers. My main issue with him continues to be his poor body language and lackadasicle effort at times.

But yeah, Lopez has carried this team to each win and Hump finally woke up. And actually Lopez looks so much better on the boards. He's getting rebounds in traffic he never has before and getting them with two hands as opposed to when his shoulder was bothering him and he was going for one armed rebounds. His numbers don't look great but they look better per 36, from the eye test and when you see we're outrebounding opponents which is all that matters. Offensivley, he hasn't really gotten his grove back but he's still our best option by far.

Regardless, I always thought NY was the better team, and they should be. They've been together longer and are as win now as you can be with no youth or assets to really improve, other than Shumpert.

As for the whole Avery debate, I think he's due about 30 games to see what he's capable of. The offense has looked great at times, awful others and the defense has looked good at times, but awful others. It will average out and what that average is should dtermine his fate. Theoretically this should be a top 10 or better offensive team, and while they are defensively challenged its up to the coach to make them better as a unit.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: