Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #46
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: i need advice, just found out the girl im sleeping with is pregnant.

Keeping a baby you canít afford and/or arenít ready for is a formula for disaster. Get an abortion would be better, you don't have to carry a baby you don't want.
In adoption, the baby isn't guaranteed to go to a good family. Could be adopted by a terrible family, could be abused, the kid could spend his/her entire life feeling abandoned. There are so many kids already needing homes, why add to it?

Pro-life conservatives are embarrassing.

Stay out of peoples' lifes. .
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #47
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: i need advice, just found out the girl im sleeping with is pregnant.

this is what you do:

ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #48
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Sure, OP, we believe you..

You're 13 years old..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #49
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101

If you follow this idiot's advice, you're paying 18 years of child support (or more).

Be a man.
You're paying money either way (helping to raise it or child support). At least this way you are not wasting a large chunk of your life by being burdened with a child. It's definitely being an "awful person" but I'll take being an awful person while still having my life to live as I choose. Then again, I personally wouldn't make this mistake. Just in case though.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #50
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Keeping a baby you canít afford and/or arenít ready for is a formula for disaster. Get an abortion would be better, you don't have to carry a baby you don't want.
In adoption, the baby isn't guaranteed to go to a good family. Could be adopted by a terrible family, could be abused, the kid could spend his/her entire life feeling abandoned. There are so many kids already needing homes, why add to it?

Pro-life conservatives are embarrassing.

Stay out of peoples' lifes. .

Actually knowing friends who have gone through the adaption process, it is actually quite rigorous. They check your incomes, financial net worth, education, employment prospects. You need references from lots of people.

I feel safe saying the average adapted child gets placed in a better circumstance than the average child born to its birth parents.

The only risk is what happens if your child is placed in the system and not adapted, also lots of couples are only looking for babies and don't want kids older than that.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #51
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its called protection Jeremy Lin
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #52
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way

People who defend abortion vigorously are usually the people who have taken a part in one and are trying to free themselves from guilt. You should have worn a condom, made sure she was on birth control, maybe abstain from sex until you are ready to have a child(unlikely). Now it's too late, if you stop now and do nothing she will have a baby... If you opt for an abortion, she won't have a baby. Simple as that. To kill or not to kill.
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #53
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
People who defend abortion vigorously are usually the people who have taken a part in one and are trying to free themselves from guilt. You should have worn a condom, made sure she was on birth control, maybe abstain from sex until you are ready to have a child(unlikely). Now it's too late, if you stop now and do nothing she will have a baby... If you opt for an abortion, she won't have a baby. Simple as that. To kill or not to kill.

This is your method I'm sure.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #54
chosen_one6
Banned

chosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this board

The good thing is that you found out early. Basically let her know all of the options: you can keep it, give the baby up for adoption, or have an abortion. Let her know that a baby is not in the best interest for either of you. State that you don't have the money for a child and that she doesn't either. Let her know you still have goals in life that you want to accomplish, and that she does too. It's important to make it sound like you BOTH are dealing with this and not that it's only about what you want or what she wants. Also, let her know that you would want to have a child in the best possible scenario, which is you being financially stable and having a stable home. Tell her that because you don't know each other well, that there's a very good chance the baby will stress the two of you so much that it will strain the relationship and cause the two of you to split, leaving the baby without a father. Tell her that you DO NOT want the baby without the full support of both parents. The great thing about finding out early is that an abortion is extremely simple. All she does is take a pill, and the egg gets flushed out of her system (much like a period, only with more blood and tissue). There won't be a fetus so she won't feel so bad about it emotionally and mentally. The faster you convince her that having a child is not in the best interest of either you or her, the better.

However, I do need to add that if she does end up keeping the child, you need to be there and support her 100%. It's only your duty as the father of the child.

Last edited by chosen_one6 : 11-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #55
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

your solution:

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #56
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by General

It's a zygote not a person. You can only abort a baby in the first 20 weeks to the best of my knowledge. At that point it's not a life.

Do you consider guys who *********e to be mass murderers? What about women who have a period?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #57
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one6
The good thing is that you found out early. Basically let her know all of the options: you can keep it, give the baby up for adoption, or have an abortion. Let her know that a baby is not in the best interest for either of you. State that you don't have the money for a child and that she doesn't either. Let her know you still have goals in life that you want to accomplish, and that she does too. It's important to make it sound like you BOTH are dealing with this and not that it's only about what you want or what she wants. Also, let her know that you would want to have a child in the best possible scenario, which is you being financially stable and having a stable home. Tell her that because you don't know each other well, that there's a very good chance the baby will stress the two of you so much that it will strain the relationship and cause the two of you to split, leaving the baby without a father. Tell her that you DO NOT want the baby without the full support of both parents. The great thing about finding out early is that an abortion is extremely simple. All she does is take a pill, and the egg gets flushed out of her system (much like a period, only with more blood and tissue). There won't be a fetus so she won't feel so bad about it emotionally and mentally. The faster you convince her that having a child is not in the best interest of either you or her, the better.

However, I do need to add that if she does end up keeping the child, you need to be there and support her 100%. It's only your duty as the father of the child.

Consider what is best for the child too. Being raised by people unprepared for parenthood is not conducive to future success.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
It's a zygote not a person. You can only abort a baby in the first 20 weeks to the best of my knowledge. At that point it's not a life.

That's a pure legal status you are referring to. I some countries it is considered a person, in some it isn't. It's more of philosophical question than a scientific one.

At what point would you consider a fetus a person?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #59
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
That's a pure legal status you are referring to. I some countries it is considered a person, in some it isn't. It's more of philosophical question than a scientific one.

At what point would you consider a fetus a person?

At the point it's aborted it's a mass of cells. Any one anti abortion is a fool, why does it matter what other people do to you? Don't have better things to do with your life other then trying to prevent other people from their own choices about their own bodies? And no I've never taken part in any abortion and neither have any of my friends but they all laugh at these idiots who try and argue it shouldn't be allowed. It's common sense people. If your banning that let's ban people jacking off, same result let's see how quick the douchebags drop their arguments then.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #60
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
At the point it's aborted it's a mass of cells. Any one anti abortion is a fool, why does it matter what other people do to you? Don't have better things to do with your life other then trying to prevent other people from their own choices about their own bodies? And no I've never taken part in any abortion and neither have any of my friends but they all laugh at these idiots who try and argue it shouldn't be allowed. It's common sense people. If your banning that let's ban people jacking off, same result let's see how quick the douchebags drop their arguments then.

A mass of cells is what every living thing is, including you. So why can't your parents choose to abort you right now?

Why is it okay to abort a baby at 20 weeks, but not at 30 weeks? Why not at 40, or 50 weeks? It's still an interesting philosophical question, you don't have to be in favor of or against abortion to see this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: