Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
Smook A.
Red Nation
 
Smook A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 14,327
Question NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

There are a lot of players in this league who haven't been all-stars but should be. Recently, I was watching a video called "Monta Ellis 48 points vs Thunder" and it got me thinking. Why isn't this guy an all-star? He's had 4 seasons where he averaged 20 ppg or more. Back when he was with the Warriors, he had averages of 25.5 an d 24.1 ppg respectively. Crazy to think he wasn't an all-star in any of his Warrior days. With the Bucks he had good averages but his shooting % wasn't all that good. Still averaged solid numbers there. Last year as a member of the Dallas Mavericks the guy finished with averages of 19/5.7/3.6/2 on 45/32/78. Hey if Joe Johnson could become an all-star, why can't this guy be one? Monta have it all.

Another guy that immediately comes to mind is Al Jefferson. Though he might be a bad defensive player, he can still impact a team with his offensive skill and rebounding. Many centers like DeMarcus Cousins have come out and said that Al Jefferson was the hardest player they've had to guard. What really pissed me off was that the human garbage, Roy Hibbert, made it into the all-star game when Big Al didn't. For comparison, Roy averaged 12/8 before the all-star game (lol) and Jefferson averaged 20/10/1. Talk about getting snubbed...

Last edited by Smook A. : 07-30-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
blood yes
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 635
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
There are a lot of players in this league who haven't been all-stars but should be. Recently, I was watching a video called "Monta Ellis 48 points vs Thunder" and it got me thinking. Why isn't this guy an all-star? He's had 4 seasons where he averaged 20 ppg or more. Back when he was with the Warriors, he had averages of 25.5 an d 24.1 ppg respectively. Crazy to think he wasn't an all-star in any of his Warrior days. With the Bucks he had good averages but his shooting % wasn't all that good. Still averaged solid numbers there. Last year as a member of the Dallas Mavericks the guy finished with averages of 19/5.7/3.6/2 on 45/32/78. Hey if Joe Johnson could become an all-star, why can't this guy be one? Monta have it all.

Another guy that immediately comes to mind is Al Jefferson. Though he might be a bad defensive player, he can still impact a team with his offensive skill and rebounding. Many centers like DeMarcus Cousins have come out and said that Al Jefferson was the hardest player they've had to guard. What really pissed me off was that the human garbage, Roy Hibbert, made it into the all-star game when Big Al didn't. For comparison, Roy averaged 12/8 before the all-star game (lol) and Jefferson averaged 20/10/1. Talk about getting snubbed...
Al Jefferson made the 3rd team All NBA team this year tho, which is a much better the allstar game. So did Goran Dragic.

All-NBA team shows that ur good, not a popularity driven all star game
blood yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Cone
thunder upton
 
Cone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

came in to say monta as well..

it'll be hard for him now cause of all the west guards. he is still an all-star level player tho
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Lebronxrings
Good college starter
 
Lebronxrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 3,305
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

serge ibaka
Lebronxrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
kurple
3-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,763
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Ty Lawson might be the most underrated player in the league, with so many flashy pg's

His impact is immense
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
rhowen4
Relax
 
rhowen4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Davis, CA
Posts: 1,264
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

i dont think anyone has been snubbed more than josh smith
rhowen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
MP.Trey
Kyrieeee & L-Traaaaiin
 
MP.Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Offseason
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Lawson and Al Jeff come to mind right away.
MP.Trey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
Smook A.
Red Nation
 
Smook A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 14,327
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Ty Lawson might be the most underrated player in the league, with so many flashy pg's

His impact is immense
I forgot about Lawson. He's one of the least talked about point guards when he's one of the best in the league. Definitely under-appreciated
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK
 
christian1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,693
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Lance shoulda been one last year, but somehow joe Johnson took his spot
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
TylerOO
Very good NBA starter
 
TylerOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,297
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Lance shoulda been one last year, but somehow joe Johnson took his spot

Joe Johnson took Lowrys spot
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #11
Smook A.
Red Nation
 
Smook A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 14,327
Default Re: NBA Players Who Should Be All-Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Lance shoulda been one last year, but somehow joe Johnson took his spot
Lance & Lowry >> Joe Johnson

Big Al >>> Roy Hibbert
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy