Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 AM   #46
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: When Did Dwyane Wade Become So Hated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
when lebron went to the heat
yep.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 AM   #47
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

Because he is a punk? Think about it.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #48
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

another trademark dumbass NumberSix thread
he loves wade n bron, getting burthurt over this
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #49
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #50
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Wade's signature move is to jump into the defender and chuck it at the ring!(Something i read)

NO HATE THOUGH

Wade is definitely a top 25 player (All time) and a top 5 SG but his inability to develop his midrange above par is a bit disappointing (for want of a better word) and his reliance on drawing fouls is abit too much recently (as in last 2 years)
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #51
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

When his status became more about him getting superstar calls than him actually being better than everyone else.

So 2006.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #52
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

When he went from being humble to being an arrogant jacka$$
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #53
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

It takes a douchebag to not know another douchebag i guess.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #54
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

He was humble in the same sense Dwight Howard was funny. He was 'said to be' humble. Shaq started to build this whole 'humble kid' image. We know he didn't mean it, it was a direct (and rightful) bash at Kobe. The media picked up the humble image just as they tried to create the funny image for Dwight. Both guys failed miserably. Howard trying to be funny is downright awkward.

The same thing as it was with these guys' devoted christianity. A child here and there, a divorce here and there, some hoes along the way, etc. I guess it's 'normal' considering they are athletes and not priests or even role models, but the point is, the personality behind the image built just wasn't there.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #55
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Wade isn't hated that much. Not much more than any other player.

There's a large contingent of Bryant stans and Laker fanatics on ISH, and they have hated him since he won the the title with Shaq.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #56
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
I never liked his game much. I never liked his personality much. I seriously dislike his ways with officiating. I don't hate him though, I just don't care.
You are a better man than me. I hate him for all the reasons you mentioned.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke has decent reputationMavsPoke has decent reputation

When the NBA gave the Heat a free championship in the '06 Finals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NBA_Finals
Dwyane Wade shot 25 free throws --- as many free throws as all the Mavericks combined (a fact that did not sit well with Mavericks head coach Avery Johnson[5]), leading the Heat to their third straight win over Dallas after being down 0–2 in the series.
Officiating Controversies: With 9.1 seconds left in overtime and the Heat trailing by 1 point, they inbounded the ball to Wade, who caught the ball in the air and then landed in the backcourt. Mavericks' team owner Mark Cuban felt Wade had therefore committed a backcourt violation after receiving the ball.
Dallas was then penalized with an incredibly controversial foul call (known later as "the phantom foul") that sent Wade to the line to shoot the game-tying and game-winning free throws with 1.9 seconds left on the overtime game clock. Wade hit the first free throw when Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson signaled to Josh Howard to call a timeout after Wade's second attempt. Howard mimicked Johnson, in order to clarify the coach's orders, and Josh Howard was mistakenly awarded the Mavericks' last remaining time-out, which prevented them from advancing the ball should Wade convert on the second attempt. Wade eventually made the second free throw to give his team a one-point lead after which Devin Harris attempted and missed a hail-mary half-court shot as time expired. Wade set an NBA Finals record for most made free throws in a game with 21.[6]
After the game, a frustrated Dirk Nowitzki kicked a ball into the stands and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban caused many "acts of misconduct" resulting in fines of $5,000 and $250,000, respectively, for the two men.[7]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...0Finals%202006

http://nba-is-crooked.blogspot.com/

Jackson said while Cuban has toned down over the years, he believes the outspoken owner's criticism of referees might have cost the Mavericks the 2006 NBA Finals against Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat.

Phil's words:
"That Miami Finals really was a tough one to swallow," Jackson said before the Lakers won 96-91 on Saturday night in Dallas. "I think Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn't even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there's kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times.''

By pecking order, Jackson meant coaches can bark at officials from the sideline, but ownership sniping from the courtside seats doesn't help the cause.
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/new…

Tim Dohnagy flat out states he used the anti-cuban biased to place bets against the Mavs in the 2006 finals because he knew what was up
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks…

Tim Dohnagy:
“I think there was numerous games,” Donaghy said. “Obviously Mark was very outspoken in regard to the referees. Referees have personal vendettas that they take out on certain players, coaches and owners. Mark was certainly one of those people.”

Donaghy claimed that Danny Crawford bragged that the Mavericks rarely won playoff games that he officiated, information Donaghy used to place bets against the Mavs. The Mavs have lost 15 of their last 16 playoffs game that Crawford worked.

If Donaghy can be believed, there were two major officiating factors in the controversial Finals collapse that was fueled by Dwyane Wade free throws. He said referees are trained to favor teams that are down in playoff series. And then there’s the anti-Cuban bias.

“It had been told to me behind the scenes that they were actually happy in the NBA office when Dallas was knocked out from the playoffs,” Donaghy said, “because it was less complaints from Mark, it was less e-mails from Mark and it was less work that they had to do.”

82games.com sums up the calls in the 2006 finals and estimates what calls were dubious or not
http://www.82games.com/game5refs.htm Source(s):

Facts are facts.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #58
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke has decent reputationMavsPoke has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent

The most pathetic thing I have ever seen. Can't believe he had the audacity to pull that stunt.

I can believe it. He won a championship in '06 with stunts like that. Hell, his whole career is built on the support of the refs.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #59
jt21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jt21 has an OK reputation so far

Agree with what others are saying. I've never liked him because it seemed that he plays with the purpose of drawing fouls more so than actually getting good shots and scoring. Heavy use of offensive flopping, initiating contact and taking advantage of refs.

Of course a ton of other players also have that mentality that they'd rather use a pump fake to flop and get to the line than use it to get past the defender and get a good shot. It looks better on the box score and in efficiency ratings like PER if they have high FTA. And it's not like Wade does it every play, but I think that moniker 'D-Whistle' exists for a reason.
jt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #60
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Oh the irony...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: