I believe it's because his effort isn't 100% there. He's always looking for that bailout call or a shortcut that would make his life a lot easier. So to sum it up, his life is bigger than basketball which basketball fans simply do not want to see.
I am a fan of his not because I am blinded by what he has become post-Lebron, but because his game is what resembles mine the most and because he hates losing. He's an incredibly smart player with an athletic base that allows him to do absolutely anything when he wants to. Even though his effort is what we call cruising, when it comes down to the very end, he gives 1000% with all the loose balls, defensive blocks, steals, offensive rebounds, and big and exciting plays like draining threes one after another that aren't even suppose to fall for him. He's one of the calmest players I've ever seen in the 4th quarter. The way he carries himself, you can tell he's a true leader which Lebron really benefited from the past two years.
But all that takeover mode or whatever is minimal now since his team is suppose to and will win the majority of their games by near double digits. His role has been reduced and a once super mega alpha star is now just a star...if healthy.
Calls to mind the motivational picture I made on here back in 08. Captured the point when I really really really started disliking the guy
- yeah...that was one of the worst moments in basketball history.
- How many times have I defended our sport....when the uncordinated football bums would call basketball a P***Y sport.....I was there to tell them " Basketball players have to take alot of contact without pads"
- When Isiah played on a broken ankle.....I beemed with Pride......and When MJ played while turning green with the Flu...I was there to say.." I told you so........look at the heart of a basketball player"
- But all was for not....as Wade bumped his shoulder......cried and was taken away on a wheel chair.......why?
He probably whines more to the refs then any player in history. Thats why, and its increased immensely over the past year or 2. He's not the only player to attack the rim as much as he does. Players like Jordan, AI, Lebron, Rose all have done the same thing and they don't bitch at the refs nearly as much.
By the way, I hate Kobe even more, but its a joke to think Wade is as good as Kobe career-wise or that he ever will be at this point. Its also to joke to say Wade has definitely been better then Kobe over the last year. Maybe he is, but he definitely doesn't show it on a consistent basis.
I used to like Wade, but lately he's just been a jackass. Since Post Decision. It's been really hard to like this guy.
Makes fun of Dirk for being sick in the 2011 Finals
Throwing Mike Bibby's shoe
Saying I won't play in the Olympics cause they don't pay, and that Olympic players should be paid
Breaking Kobe's nose in a fricking All Star Game
Dislocating Rondo's Elbow
All Punk moves by D-Wade.
In my opinion:
Throwing bibby's shoe was hilarious and the olympics comment was on point. Athletes should be paid for their efforts. Everyone else is. I swear people just want the very elite to keep making money and have everyone else broke.
- 2006 D-Whistle Finals made him resented (even if it wasn't his fault)
When I started being gradually more and more annoyed, anything before this and he was a hell of a player and a good kid:
- 2007 Shoulder Injury / Wheelchair Dramatization
- 2010 Leading hometown Bulls on when he was spying for the Heat (no plans on ever leaving)
- 2010 Visible change in demeanor to be more douchey akin to LeBron
- 2010 Being apart of the newly formed super BIG THREE
- 2011 The Dirk Cough Incident
- 2011 Finals Begging for Calls
- 2012 Begging for Calls
- 2012 ASG getting heated and SMACKING Kobe Bryant cause he was getting embarrassed
- 2011 and 2012 Thinking he's stylish but trying way too hard and wearing gay outfits.
- 2011 and 2012 Style of play completely changing from hard nosed aggressive player who got calls DUE to his style ... to being a player who strictly plays FOR THE WHISTLE