Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #271
Asiantastic
30 Rock

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

What the frack.

He better hire a damn good defensive coordinator or the Lakers will be royally ****ed.
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #272
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
That makes literally no ****ing sense. He's had two major coaching gigs, and one of them, the people who watched it every day should not comment (and note: the non knick fan posters bashed him long before we did, we held out the wishful thinking type hope.)

There isn't exactly ten different NBA jobs he had we can look at, there are two main ones, and saying those fans of one of those teams should be quiet is pretty stupid.

The problem is that most of us are not complaining with anything other than bitterness. You responded reasonably. Read some of us.

That Heat game where Lin was getting killed...I was watching that with my friend in West New York. I wanted to rip off the man's mustache. His rotations, his substitutions, his lack of adjustments. Not having someone else bring up the ball or having guys set picks in the backcourt to get Lin out of there. I knew then that he had no chance. In fact, as soon as Carmelo got to the Knicks I thought it was likely done. But that Miami game was the end, for me.

But the Knick fans talking are acting like what we saw is the final referendum on Mike D'Antoni. And we're just making guarantees and loling every minute. The guy who coached in Phoenix did a great job. The guy who coached in NY was sabotaged tho. He had the clean slate to build the team up from the ground and when they were starting to get there, a trade is made for Carmelo Anthony, against his wishes. Even if people think we have to make that trade (fine) you know that then it's gone downhill. When someone the coach doesn't want comes at the expense of literally half the team, that coach is marginalized.

The team quit on him and it's not as simple as it being his fault. It happens sometimes. But in this case, Anthony was a piece of shit. Right move or not, Knick fans absolve Anthony. And some here may say otherwise, but they'll be lying as they do.

Knick fans keep arguing how Anthony hasn't had enough time and some argue how he and Amare haven't had enough time together. Well how much time did D'Antoni get? He took over a team that wasn't just rebuilding, but also tearing down. It's selective criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
I'm a Nuggets fan and I couldn't agree more with the Knicks fans on this one. The dude absolutely failed miserably in the only 2 coaching gigs he's had in the NBA where the team wasn't tailor made for his system, and in his most recent one refused to modify the system at all despite not having any of the personnel to make it work. That's the sign of a bad coach.

2?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #273
dazzer87
Great college starter

dazzer87 is starting to rub some people the wrong waydazzer87 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

lol........I rather have mike brown then this clown. No D.......
dazzer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #274
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
That makes literally no ****ing sense. He's had two major coaching gigs, and one of them, the people who watched it every day should not comment (and note: the non knick fan posters bashed him long before we did, we held out the wishful thinking type hope.)

There isn't exactly ten different NBA jobs he had we can look at, there are two main ones, and saying those fans of one of those teams should be quiet is pretty stupid.
Couldn't agree more. He's basically saying that the fans who know the most about D'Antoni shouldn't be able to say their opinion about him.

It's not our fault that he sucked so we can say only bad things about him. If he coached well he would still be in NY.
Maybe things will be different in LA but I seriously doubt it. His team will never win a championship.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #275
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

" Mike D'Antoni expected to reach out to fellow USA assistant Nate McMillan as potential defensive assistant, league source tells @CBSSports.
Retweeted by @KEVIN DING "
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #276
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
" Mike D'Antoni expected to reach out to fellow USA assistant Nate McMillan as potential defensive assistant, league source tells @CBSSports.
Retweeted by @KEVIN DING "

I guess the Lakers are trying to be the Dream Team...McMillan as the assistant is something else. He's a terrific head coach.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #277
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Noooooooooooooo
Wtf are they thinking?!?
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #278
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Noooooooooooooo
Wtf are they thinking?!?

It's a bit understandable considering phils demand list.

However, I'm sure something could have been negotiated
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #279
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Couldn't agree more. He's basically saying that the fans who know the most about D'Antoni shouldn't be able to say their opinion about him.

It's not our fault that he sucked so we can say only bad things about him. If he coached well he would still be in NY.
Maybe things will be different in LA but I seriously doubt it. His team will never win a championship.

The problem is you're not reading past "Knick fans shouldn't".

You're stuck on what you hated and you're lacking in context. You're also completely disregarding what he did beforehand (and you are) by acting like he just got lucky with what he had. And you're posting your evaluation of his tenure with the Knicks as definitive in him being a shitty coach.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #280
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe it's a corporate plot to double sales for tasty Pringles snacks in the Los Angeles area.

Otherwise....LOL.

But on the other hand, Phil's list of demands was a bit off. Skipping road games and still wanting to be a top salaried coach? Can't say I blame the Lakers for passing.

Last edited by Derka : 11-12-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #281
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Do you Lakers fans ever learn? Remember Bynum? Sessions? hell even when you signed Brown? Most of you act like you fixed the problem entierely and suddenly the team is gonna destroy everyone. Lakers are not winning shit this year. IF they could keep this team together for 1-2 more years, maybe yes, but they cant.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #282
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Knicks fans so mad and bitter ... not winning anything in a lifetime will do that.

Comparing this Lakers team to that crap Knicks team full of bums and malcontents ...

Mamba out
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #283
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

I don't think Lakers fans should be upset about this. He's a good coach and a good fit for this team. I'm excited for when Nash returns.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #284
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Knicks fans so mad and bitter ... not winning anything in a lifetime will do that.

Comparing this Lakers team to that crap Knicks team full of bums and malcontents ...

Mamba out
Mad and bitter about what ? Because our team improved greatly since D'Antoni left ?

I'm just warning you guys. When the Lakers disappoint because of D'Antoni just don't say I didn't warn you.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #285
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I don't know how it will work out overall, but D'antoni loves the 1-5 pick-and-roll in the half court, and with Nash and Dwight, he's got the perfect combo to make it work. It could be like Nash and Amar'e, but with Dwight's defense on the other end.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: