Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #301
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

Niko I agree he didn't do what he needed to do in NY. That being said Melo's refusal to lead the team while following direction of Mike was problematic.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #302
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Note: Why would we be bitter about MDA? We kicked him out, he didn't leave, he didn't throw rocks on the way out, and we got better after he was gone. And he didn't go to a rival and he's still not bashing us.

Bitter would mean i'd be angry if he does well with the Lakers, i'd laugh hysterically if the Lakers won the title over Miami. Bitter? NO. A bit perplexed at his hiring..yes.

well, Knicks fans have a tendency to crap all over players and coaches once they become ex Knicks players and coaches--probably to justify letting them go.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #303
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

One thing is for certain Jimmy sure is fast with his decision making *see mike brown* you'd think they'd take a bit more time with this
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #304
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

I'm skeptical. The current Lakers are already a good offensive team and D'Antoni will make them slightly better. But they need defense more than anything.

If I were the Lakers, I'd heavily consider hiring Nate McMillan as a second head coach, if not only to replicate the Olympic Squad.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #305
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Niko I agree he didn't do what he needed to do in NY. That being said Melo's refusal to lead the team while following direction of Mike was problematic.

Mike's direction was stupid. And it wasn't just Melo's effort, everyone's was lagging at that point. He was telling them to do things that did not work.

Mike wanted Melo to stand in the corner and shoot jumpers and play off Lin 100%. Melo is a better player than Lin is. It made no sense. He never once tried to design an offense that took advantage of both of them.

His biggest problem as a coach IMO (if the Knick performance is indicative of everything) is that not only did he not have a plan B, but he had to almost be beaten into considering it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #306
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Mike's direction was stupid. And it wasn't just Melo's effort, everyone's was lagging at that point. He was telling them to do things that did not work.

Mike wanted Melo to stand in the corner and shoot jumpers and play off Lin 100%. Melo is a better player than Lin is. It made no sense. He never once tried to design an offense that took advantage of both of them.

His biggest problem as a coach IMO (if the Knick performance is indicative of everything) is that not only did he not have a plan B, but he had to almost be beaten into considering it.
The Knicks looked great before Melo came back and ran the team into the ground. Dantoni made Lin into a decent basketball player. And he got a contract in Houston that he didn't really deserve.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #307
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
The Knicks looked great before Melo came back and ran the team into the ground. Dantoni made Lin into a decent basketball player. And he got a contract in Houston that he didn't really deserve.
They looked as good (if not even better) when Lin and Amare were out and Melo was leading them under Woodson.
Also look at them now centered around Melo,I know it's only been 4 games but the Knicks haven't been so dominant in a long time.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #308
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP

We looked good for a tiny period of time. The Linsanity wasn't going to work, teams had caught up to him, he couldn't play 45 minutes a game (ask his knee if he could). We need to slow it down a bit, find a way to work Melo in, and slow it down. Which Woodson at least tried to do.

D'Antoni 100% refused to change. Which is fine, he has a team now he can run his plan with 100%. But it wasn't going to work with the Knicks and the personnel we had.

When your coaches plan is "get rid of the players and get me better ones" then he's not that good a coach.

again, read my posts. I'm only down on this hire because i thought Phil made more sense. But his inflexibility, his inattention to defense, everyone knows this. This is not Knick fans making something up.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #309
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Did the Lakers really choose Pringles over PJ?

Anyway, perhaps he's changed, maybe everything works out for him this time around. I'd say its his last shot as a head coach.

I'm not counting the Lakers out, too much talent..you never know, maybe he somehow is the missing piece to bringing out the Lakers potential...

I will say this though, Dantoni is arguably the worst coach in the league when it comes to making adjustments such as situational substitutions etc. The guy is STUBBORN.

Hope it works out though, see you guys XMAS day Laker fans...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #310
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...stant-mcmillan

IF D'Antoni brings along McMillan for defense... what do those critical of the D'Antoni hire think of that?
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #311
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The hiring is now official. Lakers announced it today:

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed Mike D’Antoni to a multi-year contract as head coach, it was announced today by Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak. Per multiple reports, it is a three-year deal for $12 million, and the Lakers have a team option for a fourth year.

“After speaking with several excellent and well-respected coaching candidates, Dr. Buss, Jim and I all agreed that Mike was the right person at this time to lead the Lakers forward,” said Kupchak. “Knowing his style of play and given the current make-up of our roster, we feel Mike is a great fit, are excited to have him as our next head coach and hope he will help our team reach its full potential.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11436#ixzz2C2k0advV
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #312
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Kobe681 has decent reputationKobe681 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo

IF D'Antoni brings along McMillan for defense... what do those critical of the D'Antoni hire think of that?

Wow, if D'Antoni could pull that off it would be AMAZING......
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #313
DixieNourmous
Livin Large

DixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputation

I read that relations were cold between Phil and Jim Buss.

Bet the ranch that Jim Buss pulled the trigger on D`Antoin before Phil agreed, without consulting Jerry (Daddy).

F*** Jim Buss, spoiled piece of shit
DixieNourmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #314
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo

Yeah, I'd advocate this if I were a Laker insider.

Both coaches have extensive knowledge and are familiar with Kobe, Dwight, and Steve Nash.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #315
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Kobe681 has decent reputationKobe681 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieNourmous
I read that relations were cold between Phil and Jim Buss.

Bet the ranch that Jim Buss pulled the trigger on D`Antoin before Phil agreed, without consulting Jerry (Daddy).

F*** Jim Buss, spoiled piece of shit

Actually from what the dudes on ESPN 710 are saying, is that it was a unanimous decision between Jim, Mitch and Big Daddy Jerry. They wanted D'Antoni from the start.
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: