Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #91
Callystarr
Wuddup Doe

Callystarr has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers

His only weakness was the interior defense...Dwight Alone solves that problem.
Callystarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #92
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

Yeah baby!! NASH IS ABOUT HAVE SOME FUN!!

This is great news, Lakers fans probably don't like it but look Phil is just being unreasonable. D'Antoni brings in an easy offense, if the Lakers couldn't pick up on the Princeton than the triangle would be hard for them too! Just have fun and let Nash take over the show, it'll help Kobe out also. Use Nash the right way, the triangle would not have worked!!!

RUN N GUN BABY! SHOWTIME IS BACK!
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #93
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callystarr
His only weakness was the interior defense...Dwight Alone solves that problem.
I wouldn't call it "only" weakness but the "major" one.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #94
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers didn't want to make it too easy so they have decided to test the theory that offense/offense can't win titles.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #95
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
So a coach that was regarded as defensive minded, couldn't make an old, bench not having Lakers team play good defense in two years but a coach know primarily as a offensive minded coach is going to improve the Lakers defense?

Are you serious?

You can fix an aging old roster and no bench whatsoever with coaching changes.

Brown had a reputation he didn't deserve. Cavs were filled with defense first players, Mike Brown didn't do jack besides iso Lebron and kiss Lebron's ass. Only equally worthless coach in the NBA is Vinny. Lakers are currently 22nd ranked D so yes I expect it to improve even under D'antoni.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #96
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

Yeah baby!! NASH IS ABOUT HAVE SOME FUN!!

This is great news, Lakers fans probably don't like it but look Phil is just being unreasonable. D'Antoni brings in an easy offense, if the Lakers couldn't pick up on the Princeton than the triangle would be hard for them too! Just have fun and let Nash take over the show, it'll help Kobe out also. Use Nash the right way, the triangle would not have worked!!!

RUN N GUN BABY! SHOWTIME IS BACK!

lol

Nash is going to have fun? This is 2012. He's 38. If D'Antoni runs him like he did in Phoenix, Nash is gonna burn out or get injured before the season is over.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #97
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

i like this move...mike has never had a team this talented....true nash and kobe are past their primes but with this offense everybody is gonna get touches...its a hard to stop offense and with dwight down low u got a great defensive anchor.good move by the lakers front office on this one.kobe can freely take shots and not be criticized.....nash will get back up to averaging 11-12 assist per game.watch for gasol and dwight fg percentages to be sky high im talking 55-60 percent......damn i cant stand the lakers but damn this was a good move
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #98
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
defense is about effort. not so much x's and o's
The problem is D'Antoni is known as a bad defensive coach and defense is our main problem.. If our coach doest care about defense then were doomed.. Mike D'Anthony coaching style is not meant for our team.. For god sake except Dwight all of our starters are over 30 yrs of age and we hire Pringles who is known for his run n gun offense style..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #99
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Look guys. There's almost no post play in D'Antoni's system and the Lakers have two of the best post players in the league.
Also D'Antoni's offense rely heavily on threes. Who's going to shoot threes besides Nash ? Kobe can hit a three at a solid rate. MWP ? Gasol ? Dwight
Also he doesn't care about the defense and he wants his team to run as much as they can. You really think a 38-year old Nash,34-year old Kobe,33-year old Metta World Peace and a 32-year old Pau Gasol will be able to outrun their opponents ?
Their perimeter defense was bad,now that they will have to run it will speed up the pace of the game which will result in them not having time to set on defense which will result in easy buckets for the other team.

Sorry guys,but that's a wrong coaching spot for him. D'Antoni needs a great point guard,three point shooting and players capable of running up and down the floor for 48 minutes.
He has a great point guard but doesn't have anything other.

Lakers will get to the playoffs but surely aren't winning shit with D'Antoni.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #100
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Lakers should seriously pick up delonte west
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #101
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Brown had a reputation he didn't deserve. Cavs were filled with defense first players, Mike Brown didn't do jack besides iso Lebron and kiss Lebron's ass. Only equally worthless coach in the NBA is Vinny. Lakers are currently 22nd ranked D so yes I expect it to improve even under D'antoni.

Wait, what?

Brown is a phony because he had defense first players but D'antonii is legit because when he finally found players that could play defense his teams played defense?

Your logic is very clipperish. Congrats.

And you base Brown's defense on his offensive strategy? Who gives a crap if he ran Iso's for lebron? What does that have to do with defense?

Right, I'm going to listen to you and not observational evidence from the past 10 years.

Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid : 11-12-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #102
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

actually agree with you here. princeton will be the scapegoat reason given by the lakers but i always thought defense was the more worrisome factor early on.

anyway, this is a bit...shocking to say the least. if phil wanted full control, i say give it to him. whatever, an upgrade from brown but MDA better bring in a solid defensive assistant.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #103
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

I like it but why 4 years?
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #104
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's 3 year deal with an option for a 4th.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #105
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Wait, what?

Brown is a phony because he had defense first players but D'antonii is legit because when he finally found players that could play defense his teams played defense?

Your logic is very clipperish. Congrats.

And you base Brown's defense on his offense strategy? Who gives a crap if he ran Iso's for lebron? What does that have to do with defense?

Try reading without a stick up your ass and you'll understand more. Mike Brown had a defensive built squad and somehow got the label of being a guru yet Lakers are subpar in his tenure defensively? Mike has proven his teams can play D as I already said. In fact the Suns and Knicks he coached were never as poor defensively as Mike Brown's Lakers.

My comment on him just going iso was me saying in general he literally did NOTHING besides get Lebron the ball and clear out. Defense wasn't his doing.

You're the one short on logic not me.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: