Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How much money do you need as a 67 year old man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
I think there is a great 'Hitler Reacts' video possibility here with Hitler representing Jimmy Buss.

The scene opens with Mitch whispering in Jimmy's ear: "Der Fuhrer, errr..... I mean Jim, they're all gathered here, completely giddy in anticipation of you announcing that Phil Jackson will return to coach the Lakers."

And the rant begins. . . . . .

This is really funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYBvy...eature=related

This too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0rplJUnSM&feature=plcp

FEGLEIN.

Last edited by LamarOdom : 11-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Can't blame the Lakers for not sticking with Phil. I mean the man wanted more money for less work, and wanted control over the Laker Franchise. Phil's request is pretty much to sit out road games. So if a team plays 41 home, 41 road games a season, that means Phil is only coaching half of the games in a season, averaging 10M a year while Mike D' is averaging 4M a year.

I've probably would've hired someone else over Phil if that were the case.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jim Buss must have enjoyed this. He knows Phil has nowhere to go. All the top teams have coahces already and Phil doesn´t do developmental work. Jim Buss basically got to fire Phil without hiring or paying him. I almost think he fired Brown just to screw with Phil.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Jim Buss must have enjoyed this. He knows Phil has nowhere to go. All the top teams have coahces already and Phil doesn´t do developmental work. Jim Buss basically got to fire Phil without hiring or paying him. I almost think he fired Brown just to screw with Phil.
Yeah, and then 20 minutes later, Phil screwed Jimmy's little sister.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
Owl
Local High School Star

Owl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I'm just curious.

I understand the part where he wanted less travel, if he has some physical ailments, but the money???

He's already set for life, not to mention his gf is rich as hell too. What does he need the money for? Is he even going to be able to spend it all?

I mean I question why the hell a 67 year old man would come back to coach already, but since he desired to coach, why the money??
Who said he did desire to come back? Has he come out and said publicly that he wanted it? Jackson might just have enjoyed the ego boost of being hailed as the returning hero without having to actually do the job.

As to why he "need[ed]" big money. You can argue what anyone needs. Jackson is certainly far from alone in basketball culture in demanding as much as he can get. In basketball (and many sports) salary seems to predominantly be a status symbol, an easily comparable measuring stick of your importance. So why demand big money? Because he believed that he was worth it.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
To prove a point to Jimmy Buss.

Full control of basketball operations and the higher salary go hand in hand.

PJax wants lots of money and full basketball operations control because he wants to add all stars to the bench. He's scared to rejoin the Lakers with only 4 "media projected" future HoFers (because in 2004 he got his butt kicked with the same). Dude's scared but the Lakers organization feel that if this is done, it's too obvious to everybody that everything is rigged for the Lakers.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

He wanted to be like Pat Riley in Miami, Lakers were not gonna give that to him.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Maybe Phil doesn't totally trust Jimmy's (questionable) basketball acumen being a determining factor in how his tenure plays out. . . . again.

Also, the term being offered regarding his participation in road games is "travel restrictions" which doesn't necessarily mean he would miss them all. That hasn't really been clarified. I could definitely see him missing a road game on the second night of a B2B. Those nights when they have a road game and then board a 2am flight to Denver for a game that night has to be a grind for him. Or maybe he just doesn't have to get there with the rest of the team. Could mean lots of things.

I'm having a hard time believing that they wanted D'Antoni all along unless they felt they had to put on a show that they at least talked to Phil before selecting D'Antoni. Then when Phil actually seriously engaged them and was rumored to be taking the job, they had to snag D'Antoni before Phil publicly said yes.

Having concerns about the triangle sounds like a smoke screen because they knew the triangle is what they would have if Phil came back. It's not like he'd come back and run a different system.

Leaves me wondering what I would hear if I could be a fly on the wall at those Laker brain-trust meetings. . . . .

"Hey Moe, hey Larry. . . . . Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!"

"What's the matter with you numbskulls?"

"Why, I oughta. . . ."
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: