Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board
Default Re: Can we all admit that Phil's.....

it seems rich that Phil expected them to be on their knees begging for him. He's not the only competent coach in the world.

It's not like the guy left on a high note. Lakers got embarrassed by the Mavs and he got clearly outcoached by Carlisle.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Can we all admit that Phil's demands were way too high.
Sure.

Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this board

The best part was, whatever the demands are, phil said he would agree to the terms and then they hired D'antoni. Oh lord I love it when people **** up.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

reminds me of when the Knicks were trying to get in on the free agent haul and ended up with Amare.

Phil was retired. He's old. He was like yea I'll come back but you gotta make it worth my while.

I have a feeling they won't win with Mikey. If you buy into the whole "NBA fixed/heartwarming story" thing, getting Phil would be a huge story and would likely lead to the Lakers winning a championship. Easily.

Now I'm not sure. I think D'Antoni is one of those guys that NBA doesn't want to win.

You guys can say I'm crazy for thinking of things that way, but we'll see what happens.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #20
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
He's never made a penny over 6 mil. Actually, no coach has. He had to fight tooth and nail for that contract as well. He almost didn't even get it. Nvm, I read it wrong. Not some GM control. Full GM control. It's the Lakers. You don't just give a piece of the Laers to someone, because they mean a lot to you. Does MJ have a piece of the Bulls, even though he's tried for years. Magic only got a piece, because he's bookoo paid.
Does Magic have more cash than MJ because of the theater deal he had in the 80's?

Because salary wise and endorsement wise ... I don't think he ever made as much as Jordan.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
The fact that they didn't hire Phil should let you know that he had some demands that were too high.

It really comes down to this.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Just go coach the Nets.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #23
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Does Magic have more cash than MJ because of the theater deal he had in the 80's?

Because salary wise and endorsement wise ... I don't think he ever made as much as Jordan.
Magic had a little more than the theater deal. He had all them Starbucks before they blew up. I don't really got more time to look into it, but this was the top link after i google searched it Whos net worth is more magic johnson or michael jordan?
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

The only thing we can admit is that we'll probably never know what the details were between Phil and the Lakers...

...that is, until Phil writes another book.

Mamba out
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
Godzuki
I need to relax, smile, take a deep breath, and remember that we are just here for fun

Godzuki has not been impressing people

when you're asking the owners son to step out of the picture and take control yourself your demands are already real high, whether people think Jim Buss is a idiot or not.

he may not have asked for some of the stuff people are saying like not going to away games since thats ludicrous, but he had to have been asking a ton knowing him and how he's been the last couple years when it came to him coaching the lakers or retiring. he constantly seemed to play the retirement threat to bargain for more money and control.

Lakers are already paying a $100mill roster of superstars along with a coming $30 mill luxury tax, ceding control and a ton more money just for a coach bringing in a questionable system for this team isn't worth it.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #26
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
it seems rich that Phil expected them to be on their knees begging for him. He's not the only competent coach in the world.

It's not like the guy left on a high note. Lakers got embarrassed by the Mavs and he got clearly outcoached by Carlisle.

This. Mike Brown was so bad that people forget Phil Jackson's last games with LA were an embarrassing sweep to the Mavericks.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
demands were way too high. Even watching First Take (I know, I know), Stephen A's corny ass, goes off on the Lakers for hiring D'antoni, while failing to mention that Phil didn't want to travel to any away games!!!
Phils demands were reasonable....except for his not going on road games demand.

Thats a deal breaker for me. Whats he gonna coach from home over skype?
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

the only unreasonable demand was significant ownership rights. even the old Buss would not want Laker ownership to go away from the family.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Sure.

Lol. Jimmy McMillan. That's pretty good.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #30
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Sure.

You my friend, WIN!!!
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: