Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
LakersForlife
Serious playground baller

Default Re: So, Is this Nash's Team Now?

its kobes team.if he will play a rodman type of games to win he will.kobe = teamplayer=good leader
LakersForlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the Lakers way of trying to get rid of Kobe.

Ill give mad respect to Kobe if he takes a backseat and Ill be the first one to congradulate him, if not make a thread in his honour. This is where I think you will see if Kobe cares more about his own legacy more than the success of the team, time will tell.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Ill give mad respect to Kobe if he takes a backseat and Ill be the first one to congradulate him, if not make a thread in his honour. This is where I think you will see if Kobe cares more about his own legacy more than the success of the team, time will tell.

"Taking a back seat" as in putting in less hard work and letting others like 40 year old Nash take the wheel?

I mean, guys. Kobe hasn't lost a leg or anything that I know of. He's still the top 5-7 player he's been since he led his team to two champs. Why would he possibly take a back seat to guys who've never made it to where he's been? He's always gonna be the leader of this team. He's been aging very well and is still the 2nd best scorer in the league, putting up the same old numbers.
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
Rysio
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
yea the best offensive player on the team should take a back seat.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast
"Taking a back seat" as in putting in less hard work and letting others like 40 year old Nash take the wheel?

I mean, guys. Kobe hasn't lost a leg or anything that I know of. He's still the top 5-7 player he's been since he led his team to two champs. Why would he possibly take a back seat to guys who've never made it to where he's been? He's always gonna be the leader of this team. He's been aging very well and is still the 2nd best scorer in the league, putting up the same old numbers.
nah, its over. Kobe is just the bailout 3 point shooter now. Just gonna be Nash dribbling around off multiple screens will Kobe stands in the corner.

maybe Kobe should come of the bench now like barbosa?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #21
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast

If you understood the D'Antoni system you would understand why Kobe takes a backseat. The offense will be run through the best decision maker which is Nash, it's for the success of the team, don't look at it as if Kobe is no longer imprtant because he is.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysio
yea the best offensive player on the team should take a back seat.

The best offensive player is debateable now, Kobe takes more shots to score the same amount of points as Howard does and you could argue gasol is too. When I mean backseat, Im talking about the way the offense will be run. Kobe will be more utilised as a jumpshooter/slasher, more so than the go to guy for posting up and dominating the ball.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
nah, its over. Kobe is just the bailout 3 point shooter now. Just gonna be Nash dribbling around off multiple screens will Kobe stands in the corner.

maybe Kobe should come of the bench now like barbosa?

You've lost the plot, my friend.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #24
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTulc
One could say it's Kobe's team while Nash is the most important player and Dwight is their best player.

One sure could say that but why would he? It doesn't really make sense, plus it is incorrect.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: