Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default 3 game notes ....thing I am watching

Landry Fields: This needs to change for the better right away.
PPG
RPG
APG
FG%
____

Ed Davis with limited minutes (Average 17.3 minutes per game 3 games) has :
22 total points
12 total rebounds
3 Blocks
1 steal
______'

38 contribtutions / 51.9 (17minX3game) = 0.732 ~ or 0.73 impacts per minute played

Andreas Bargnani in 30.7 minutes per game has

39 points
7 total rebounds
4 total assist
3 total blocks
____

53 contriutions / 92.1 (30.7minX3) = 0.575 ~ 0.58 impacts per minute played

This also better change quickly or the coach need to have the courage to make the change.

Last edited by Jballer : 11-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
barkleynash
High School Varsity 6th Man

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 3 game notes ....thing I am watching

Jballer, I agree with you here on all points. Don't forget Amir has also been very efficient. I wonder what Casey will do if it continues. I think he probably needs to go ahead and start Anderson. He gives them the best chance to win now, as he plays a really nice overall game on both ends of the floor. They must have another shooter with Derozen, who has played pretty well. Fields does not stretch the floor at all. If this continues he will probably be our amnesty case next summer.

I sometimes wonder if Bargs, Kleiza Calderon and Fields could land us Rudy Gay and and Darrell Arthur and Josh Selby

Lowry, Selby lucas
derozen, Ross
Gay, Anderson
Amir, Ed
Val, Arthur Gray,
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
barkleynash
High School Varsity 6th Man

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, I think Fields is going to be a one year wonder and pretty much untradeable, so he will be the amnesty clause. Anderson should be our starting 3 man right now anyway , as he is a better all-around player. Fields should be playing on the second unit anyway.

Bargs must get playing better in order to trade him, or get the most out of him and give him and val a chance to work together. Obviously 3 games is a pretty small sample size.

Right now, they have been the two most disappointing players to date.

I think Kleiza may actually be a guy we can give a go to as our starting 3 man. Anderson should get a shot first, and if that doesn't work out I would go with Kleiza to help stretch the floor and post up smaller threes.

I would like to see what type of chemistry val and Kleiza have together. The back-court is looking pretty good with Lowry and Derozen.

If bargs can get back to what he did for those few brief games last year, this team could get scary. If Lowry plays like an all-star and Derozen can keep up his improved all-around game we just need Bargs to get his shit together. It's not like he shouldn't be feeling Davis and Amir breathing down his neck. They are both deserving of more playing time.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Fields does not fit the elegibility requirements to become an amnestied player.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleynash
I think Kleiza may actually be a guy we can give a go to as our starting 3 man. Anderson should get a shot first, and if that doesn't work out I would go with Kleiza to help stretch the floor and post up smaller threes.

This +1 .. I am wondering what Kliza will bring.

Actually I really dont know what to project.

I mean he was hurt a lot of last year but then had a good Olympics. Olympics are a different game than the NBA. Dont know what the personal issues are but hope its all good for him; and he comes back steps up and pushes Fields into performance. Frankly any comptetion from the 3 is welcome.

Barges increase perfromance I have no doubt, especially on the scoring front. He is getting the touches - but as per the Brooklyn game all the touches were at 25 - 30 feet. That spot on the floor should be Demars.

I dont know if the offense is scripted this way to put Barges to the outside because Fields cant hit a shot - and Kliza isnt there - but I have to believe the offense is scripted to move Barges to the low post. Barges should be lethal (offensively - not rebounding) in no mans land at 9 feet from the rim in the low post quadrent.

I am getting tired of excuses; play better or bench him in favor of Davis.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

It won't matter how poorly Landry plays.

The media will praise him for making "intangible" contributions, and "winning" plays, regardless of how he actually performs in a game.

Already in these first few games, Jack Armstrong has compared Landry with Shane Battier numerous times. I hope Dwayne Casey doesn't buy this bs.

Landry had a good rookie year. Despite his horrendous contract, he could make a useful contribution to this team if he could play up to his potential and be a solid role player.

From what I hear, Lowry is quite vocal, so I imagine he'll call people out. That's something the Raptor's team has lacked for many years - a vocal leader.
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

I caught some knick games of fields last year and all I saw was player with no confidence. Something broke him which is why I was real doubtful of him when he was signed, its not even the contract as I would have been against the raps signing him at all.

Hope he gains some confidence and turns it around if he can get back to that level he was playing at as a rookie we would have a damn fine player.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Today is the first NBA game i've been able to see all season. (go figure, the first game I get to watch my favorite player on the team goes down). But from what I saw, to borrow a phrase from Charles Barkley "lots of Tito's and no Michael" We have a pg in Lowry that pushes the pace, and we have guys that can catch and shoot or catch and dunk. BUT we still don't have wings that can create off the dribble. And we don't have that game changer that we can't count on consistently to draw double teams and make the game easier for the other players. As Himan said in the other thread, Lowry would be a great compliment to a Bosh or an all-star/superstar talent but on this kind of team he's a drop in the ocean being wasted really.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Today is the first NBA game i've been able to see all season. (go figure, the first game I get to watch my favorite player on the team goes down). But from what I saw, to borrow a phrase from Charles Barkley "lots of Tito's and no Michael" We have a pg in Lowry that pushes the pace, and we have guys that can catch and shoot or catch and dunk. BUT we still don't have wings that can create off the dribble. And we don't have that game changer that we can't count on consistently to draw double teams and make the game easier for the other players. As Himan said in the other thread, Lowry would be a great compliment to a Bosh or an all-star/superstar talent but on this kind of team he's a drop in the ocean being wasted really.

Yeah which is why I m hoping raps can grab josh smith or rudy gay. Having such a dynamic player, the raps really need an upgrade at sf or pf spots.

Otherwise lowry will probably head somewhere else if he doesnt get paid.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

http://youtu.be/jyjgoESnwH4

Highlight of the game; thanks to Fields.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo

When I initially saw that I was like wtf just happened. And the NBAtv guys claimed that the shot was influenced and that's why he missed so I just accepted that. But now after seeing it again in slow motion nobody even so much as took a swing a block. He literally just Kwame Brown'ed a wide open layup.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #12
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I didn't know you could be THAT bad and still play in the NBA

Dudes like the SF version of Hoffa
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #13
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dudes like the SF version of Hoffa

I would honestly rather have Hoffa on the team over Fields right now.... I'm dead serious.

At least Hoffa won't come with that price tag.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #14
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

The upside is...he can't get much worse than this?
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That contract is going to haunt us.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: