Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OGT: OKC (5-2) vs Piston (0-7)

If Durant had made that stepback three with a hand in his face I would've lost it. Still went in-and-out and Westbrook gets the clutch rebound.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #32
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have to say, not a huge Brandon Knight fan this season.

I have to say though, Rodney Stuckey shot 7-13, things are looking up.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #33
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
I just got back from class and did not expect it to be this close.
Can anyone watching tell me if OKC look tired?
And by just looking at the box score, I really do think a low post player would help this team....
I didn't get to start watching until the very end of the third quarter, but I've gathered from the OKC message board chat that we just had "one of those nights." Played with little energy in the first three quarters, shot very poorly, and just flat out got outplayed by the Pistons. Doesn't seem like a game we deserve to win, but somehow we did. I guess I'll take it.

I knew this was a classic trap game: on the second night of a back-to-back on a home-road transition, hungry 0-7 Pistons team looking for their first win, and the 5-1 Grizzlies looming on Wednesday night.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #34
Fudge
Momma I luv you

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation

Westbrook with another monster game.
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #35
copper
Serious playground baller

copper has decent reputation

Lawrence Frank did everything inhis power to give the game back to okc with some of the worst substitutions possible. Also, can anyone tell me why ***** Westbrook is allowed to throw elbows at everyone on the court and NEVER get a foul called? its gotta be embarassing to know hes blowing the officials on a nighytly basis
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #36
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I didn't get to start watching until the very end of the third quarter, but I've gathered from the OKC message board chat that we just had "one of those nights." Played with little energy in the first three quarters, shot very poorly, and just flat out got outplayed by the Pistons. Doesn't seem like a game we deserve to win, but somehow we did. I guess I'll take it.

I knew this was a classic trap game: on the second night of a back-to-back on a home-road transition, hungry 0-7 Pistons team looking for their first win, and the 5-1 Grizzlies looming on Wednesday night.

Ahhhh I see thanks. The Grizzlies game is going to be a tough one, but could be a statement if we can grind out a win. While its great we got the win, Im hoping we have less of these sloppy shooting performances as the season goes on....

Still, 6-2 baby
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #37
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

GOATBROOK showed up and carried OKC. Just keep driving mon, no contested jumpers.

Now people see why Durant doesn't take a lot of shots often, he saves his energy for the 4th while Westbrook carries the team for 4 quarters. He is a better athlete than Durant, insane motor and durability.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #38
copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
pistons need to unleash drummond. he and monroe are going to be quite the duo
Will never happen, until the coach is replaced with someone that has more than shit between their ears. Lawrence Frank is the saddest excuse for a head coach ive ever seen, and Joe D has hired some terrible ones.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #39
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Pistons just can't get that win.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #40
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Good Game Pistons Fans!!!
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #41
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
Lawrence Frank did everything inhis power to give the game back to okc with some of the worst substitutions possible. Also, can anyone tell me why ***** Westbrook is allowed to throw elbows at everyone on the court and NEVER get a foul called? its gotta be embarassing to know hes blowing the officials on a nighytly basis
Aside from Andre Drummond not playing a lot in the second half, what different substitutions would you have made? Even in Drummond's case, the guy playing ahead of him (Maxiell) did a great job - he bruised inside, had big blocks, good defensive rotations, and key offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 11-12-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #42
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

goatbrook bad shooting, but he came up big in the 4th quarter as well as durantula the closer
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Aside from Andre Drummond not playing a lot in the second half, what different substitutions would you have made? Even in Drummond's case, the guy playing ahead of him (Maxiell) did a great job - he bruised inside, had big blocks, good defensive rotations, and key offensive rebounds and putbacks.
oh i dont know, maybe running JJ as a pf was a mistake. Also Max was playing the pf position so JJ was taking minutes from max not Andre. The second Andre went out Westbrook and company began driving the ball right down the lane. and when Andre was in there the guards and forwards kept driving the ball right into ibaka and getting it swatted as time expired. A half decent coach would have his children drive and dish or kickout and make damn sure whoever got the kickout shot the friggin ball instead of dribbling it until the defender showed up. If they arent gonna shoot the friggin thing, put in English or Middleton, both of whome will shoot with accuracy.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #44
KG215

Durant had 11 of his 26 in the fourth quarter. Westbrook, though, deserves the most credit for the fourth quarter comeback. He just said f**k it to start the fourth, started driving, and either made the layup or drew a foul.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #45
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
oh i dont know, maybe running JJ as a pf was a mistake. Also Max was playing the pf position so JJ was taking minutes from max not Andre. The second Andre went out Westbrook and company began driving the ball right down the lane. and when Andre was in there the guards and forwards kept driving the ball right into ibaka and getting it swatted as time expired. A half decent coach would have his children drive and dish or kickout and make damn sure whoever got the kickout shot the friggin ball instead of dribbling it until the defender showed up. If they arent gonna shoot the friggin thing, put in English or Middleton, both of whome will shoot with accuracy.
Looks like to me, sadly, Tayshaun Prince is a waste of space out there. Need to try and trade him, and start developing some of the young guys like Singler and Middleton.

It is sad to see Prince look horrible wasting the twilight years of his career on an awful team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: