Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Lakers talking to Phil Jackson about being new coach

With Mike Brown fired, here's the latest:

The Lakers are moving quickly toward hiring Phil Jackson as their next coach, with one person in the organization calling it a "95%" chance he will return for a third tour with the team.

The Lakers plan on meeting with Jackson on Saturday morning to make sure he is interested in the job. The unknown 5% in their equation is the chance Jackson doesn't want to fill the vacancy created by the Friday firing of Mike Brown, either because of health reasons or other unknown issues.

-- LA Times
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers talking to Phil Jackson about being new coach

I like Phil, but I don't like the constant confusion regarding his future. If he is to come back and coach, he needs to commit and to stop creating so much controversy with his age and health. If you can't do it, just don't do it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Wink Re: Lakers talking to Phil Jackson about being new coach

Imo: I say Jim should tell Phil no! 10 mil is way off! It's 15 mil no less take it or leave it!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I like Phil, but I don't like the constant confusion regarding his future. If he is to come back and coach, he needs to commit and to stop creating so much controversy with his age and health. If you can't do it, just don't do it.

Phil is supposed to decide tomorrow.......
I really don't care if Phil only coaches the Home games up until the playoffs.....he is a helluva lot better than anyone else we can get......how would that be a bad situation for us.....hell, we could have an assistant video conference with him on an iPad during the game and let Phil coach the road games from home.....what's the big deal? Would you really say no and end up with D'Antoni or Dunleavy????
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Phil is supposed to decide tomorrow.......
I really don't care if Phil only coaches the Home games up until the playoffs.....he is a helluva lot better than anyone else we can get......how would that be a bad situation for us.....hell, we could have an assistant video conference with him on an iPad during the game and let Phil coach the road games from home.....what's the big deal? Would you really say no and end up with D'Antoni or Dunleavy????

Well I'm a bit stubborn here...I really would rather get Sloan. Obviously it doesn't look like it'll happen. D'antoni wouldn't be so bad if we can get the team to commit to defense...but his track record aint so good with that.

So long as the lakers are winning, they can take their time negotiating with Phil. Bickerstaff is doing a fine job managing the player roles and rotations here.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well I'm a bit stubborn here...I really would rather get Sloan. Obviously it doesn't look like it'll happen. D'antoni wouldn't be so bad if we can get the team to commit to defense...but his track record aint so good with that.

So long as the lakers are winning, they can take their time negotiating with Phil. Bickerstaff is doing a fine job managing the player roles and rotations here.

It's not D'Antoni's track record on defense......It's his philosophy to disregard defense and use your energy on offense. With the talent level we have on this team we may get away with it if Nash, Pau, Kobe...and Metta were in their 20's.
This crap is not going to work now.....we cannot fly up and down the court shooting in 7 seconds.....and not having a half court offense negates having Dwight.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: