Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default Cleveland Cavaliers(2-5) @ Brooklyn Nets(3-2)

Starting-lineups:
Cleveland Cavaliers: (coach Byron Scott)
C Anderson Varejao
PF Tristan Thompson
SF Alonzo Gee
SG Dion Waiters
PG Kyle Irving

Brooklyn Nets: (coach Avery Johnson)
C Brook Lopez
PF Kris Humphries
SF Keith Bogans
SG Joe Johnson
PG Deron Williams

Should be a good game. The Nets look better on paper, but the defense is a problem and can get quite ugly if it goes the wrong way. Keith Bogans is a liability here, clearly not on the same level as the other starters(he only gets it thanks to Wallace's injury anyway). Good news for us is that Cavs do not have an all-star/superstar SF to take advantage of that. The battle between DWill and Irving can be quite interesting.

I am not gonna say who's gonna win the game, the Nets are too unpredictable at this stage of the season. The Cavs are a young team, with them anything can happen too. For now just relax and watch, lets go Nets!

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 11-13-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers(2-5) @ Brooklyn Nets(3-2)

One really interesting sidenote... Dion Waiters was benched during Sunday night's game against the Thunder and no one outside the lockerroom know why.

He was having a pretty good offensive game when he was pulled early in the third with 8 points on 3-of-6 shooting and 4 rebounds.

I'm guessing it was something on the defensive end and Scott wanted to prove a point to the young fella that, regardless of what you're doing on offense, you still have to properly rotate, defend and block-out on the other end. Still, no one in the media has been told why he didn't play from the beginning of the third quarter onward.

He is set to start tomorrow, so it isn't something that will go beyond Sunday's game, but still interesting to see Scott's interactions with Dion tomorrow and how he handles his minutes (usually around 30 a game).

Despite the record, the Cavs have been playing pretty well lately. Well, I should say the starters have been playing well. The bench has been awful.

It should also be noted that Irving/Waiters was the highest scoring backcourt in the league going into the OKC game Sunday in which Dion was pulled. I'm not sure if they are still No. 1, but I think that is pretty amazing given that both guys are 20.

Just for perspective...

Kyrie/Dion = 38.3 ppg
Deron/JJ = 29.6 ppg

And, why do you constantly refer to Kyrie as Kyle? Very odd.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: