Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default How bad are the Pistons?

Dear christ what a wasteland of basketball. Are we looking at a 70 loss team here or worse? Holy lord what a sack of shit this team is.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How bad are the Pistons?

I don't think they are historically bad, but they are clearly the worst team in the league.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

I think they'll squeezed out 16 wins.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Horrible might be an understatement, but some of that is due to coaching. They deserved to win tonight, though. OKC played like shit for three quarters, got severely out-hustled and out-worked, and flatout got outplayed, and were down 11 to start the fourth quarter.

I guess this speaks to how bad Detroit is, though. When OKC actually started to really try, they erased the 11 point deficit and had a two point lead less than four minutes into the fourth quarter. Yes, they might've gotten some help from the refs, but they were forcing the issue on offense by being aggressive and attacking the basket.

But yeah, outside of Monroe, Drummond, and maybe (?) Knight...they're all kinds of awful. The Bobcats didn't have anyone as good as Monroe last year, but the rest of the Pistons roster really doesn't look better than the 2011-2012 Bobcats roster. Wouldn't surprise me if they only won 15-20 games.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

I could ramble, but an incredibly shite schedule with the better teams in the west, with little rest between those games, and the fact that Lawrence Frank teams start off slow isn't a good recipe to get some wins going.

Early days, but I'm more pissed at Brandon Knight's idiotic passes he made tonight.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

bad enough to get shabazz muhammad and then have everybody be jealous of them in a few years
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

2012-13 Mike Brown lead Lakers got their only win (in a blowout no less) against them. Should I say anymore?
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
bad enough to get shabazz muhammad and then have everybody be jealous of them in a few years

He was ruled ineligible I believe
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
I could ramble, but an incredibly shite schedule with the better teams in the west, with little rest between those games, and the fact that Lawrence Frank teams start off slow isn't a good recipe to get some wins going.

Early days, but I'm more pissed at Brandon Knight's idiotic passes he made tonight.

This too. They've had a brutal schedule to start the season, so they may not be as bad as their record indicates. Still, I can't see them being much better than a 25ish win team, and that's probably best case scenario. It will depend on Drummond's PT and development, but Monroe is already really good. Knight has kind of been a disappointment so far, though.

Rest of their roster looks like a lot of garbage on paper, though Maxiell is a nice hardworking energy player.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
He'll still be eligible or the 2013 NBA draft, even if he doesn't play a single college game this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls

what's your point? he doesn't have to play this year to be a top 3 picks in next year's draft.

but he'll play in more than half of their games. his violation really didn't break any rules, ncaa is just being strict and arguing wordings of their own rules..

Last edited by DStebb716 : 11-12-2012 at 11:12 PM.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
This too. They've had a brutal schedule to start the season, so they may not be as bad as their record indicates. Still, I can't see them being much better than a 25ish win team, and that's probably best case scenario. It will depend on Drummond's PT and development, but Monroe is already really good. Knight has kind of been a disappointment so far, though.

Rest of their roster looks like a lot of garbage on paper, though Maxiell is a nice hardworking energy player.

I also thought that had some of our shots went in the fourth (Some of those shots just wouldn't go in, no matter how well they were set up), we might've won it. Knight's been disappointing this season but I'm trying to keep in mind that this is his first full season.

I thought Drummond gave you guys problems when he came on. He sure did the other night.

But yeah, the schedule's been a big factor. This was our 2nd home game FFS.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPiston

That's the long and short of it... for now. Once Detroit begins absorbing double digit beatdowns at home from the Magic, Bobcats, and Wizards, then we can perhaps discuss their futility.

And to be sure, I'm not saying that won't happen, because it could, but I think it's a little early to judge a team made up of seven players with three years of experience or less (including four rookies) who opened up the season on a 6 game west coast road swing against some of the best teams in the league.

They've been destroyed twice this year (by the Lakers and the Rockets) and though 0-8 looks terrible, they've been competitive in more games than they haven't been, if that makes sense, all the while their second leading scorer from last year played the worst basketball of his entire life. I feel as though they will only get better as the season moves on, especially as they work with Andre Drummond to develop further.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

They don't have the best talent in the world but they shouldn't be this bad. There is no excuse for that.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here

0-8, guess its time to start playing drummond 30+ minutes a game and see how he develops? They wont be doing anything this season, might as well put the young star out there and give him some minutes. Same goes for Jonas Valanciunas of the Raptors. Today he played the first quarter and part of the second, but never got back in the game in a double overtime? was his injured or minutes capped? Please someone fill me in as I dont see why these two players arent playing a minimum 25 minutes a game.
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: