Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How bad are the Pistons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
I also thought that had some of our shots went in the fourth (Some of those shots just wouldn't go in, no matter how well they were set up), we might've won it. Knight's been disappointing this season but I'm trying to keep in mind that this is his first full season.

I thought Drummond gave you guys problems when he came on. He sure did the other night.

But yeah, the schedule's been a big factor. This was our 2nd home game FFS.

Yeah, Knight had a three rim in and out, and there was another shot or two that did the same thing in the fourth quarter. That's basketball, though. Westbrook had several driving layups do the same thing in the first quarter. But you guys definitely had more of them in the fourth quarter when it really hurts, especially after outplaying OKC through the first three quarters.

Don't know why Drummond didn't play more tonight. He had 22 and 10 I believe in the first game a few nights ago, and I thought he caused some problems tonight early in the game.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #17
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
0-8, guess its time to start playing drummond 30+ minutes a game and see how he develops? They wont be doing anything this season, might as well put the young star out there and give him some minutes. Same goes for Jonas Valanciunas of the Raptors. Today he played the first quarter and part of the second, but never got back in the game in a double overtime? was his injured or minutes capped? Please someone fill me in as I dont see why these two players arent playing a minimum 25 minutes a game.
I don't know the stories because, well, I'm not a part of either organization, but there's so many things that go on behind the scenes on any club, particularly in the NBA. Either of these guys could be seeing limited minutes at this point for any number of reasons.

In Drummond's case, I feel like the options could be (none of which I'm claiming to be true, just possibilities):

1) Unfamiliarity with offensive system
2) Unfamiliarity with defensive system
3) Not in good enough shape to play 25+ at a high level day after day
4) Not providing the type of effort the Pistons staff knows is necessary to survive in the NBA
5) Defensive lapses
6) Silly plays on the court
7) A player in the lineup ahead of him who knows exactly how to operate within his team's system (Maxiell)
8) Coaching staff holding a carrot in front of Drummond to push him to fully accept everything he needs to get done in order to earn his keep in the NBA
9) Mixing and matching lineups to discover what's going to work in terms of teaming up Drummond with Greg Monroe
10) Bringing Drummond off the bench to fill a void in terms of big man bench depth

Personally, I've had the feeling the Pistons do not believe Drummond is quite mature enough to understand and operate as they desire in a big minutes role day in and day out at this point. But again, that's just a shot in the dark. I'm just saying young players not playing is not always as simple as saying, "C'mon, just throw 'em on the floor and see what happens!"
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #18
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

I have no idea why Brandon Knight is playing PG and Stuckey is playing SG. They are both better naturally at SG and PG, respectively.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #19
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

I hope they get rid of Tayshaun. I want him to play on a better team.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #20
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
They don't have the best talent in the world but they shouldn't be this bad. There is no excuse for that.

Their guard play is ATROCIOUS.
LoneyROY7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #21
RRR3
Chalmers for 3

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3 things.
1. Most of their games on the road so far
2. Most of their games are against the Western conference, which is deeper than the East
3. Rodney Stuckey has been horrible, he's usually pretty solid

They're bad, but they're not as bad as they've been so far. Somewhat OT, their rookies Andre Drummond in particular, but also Kyle Singler and Kim English are doing well
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #22
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I mean they have started horrible but is that team really that bad? Stuckey has been in a insane slump ain't seen one like that since Tiger Woods got caught doing naughty things, Prince, Monroe, Maxiell are all solid players. I mean they are bad and played terrible but i don't think they are anywhere near as bad as bobcats, wizards and co from last season.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #23
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Their backcourt simply isn't getting it done. And in the modern NBA, that's a serious problem.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I mean they have started horrible but is that team really that bad? Stuckey has been in a insane slump ain't seen one like that since Tiger Woods got caught doing naughty things, Prince, Monroe, Maxiell are all solid players. I mean they are bad and played terrible but i don't think they are anywhere near as bad as bobcats, wizards and co from last season.

They aren't 0-8 bad.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #25
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andre Drummond has a PER of 24, and can barely get on the court.

The correct answer is: Lawrence Frank is goddamn moron. He started 0-16 with the Nets, and he wants to see if he can do worse with the Pistons.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #26
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected poster

Fire the coach. It seems to motivate teams when you fire their coach.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #27
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Andre Drummond has a PER of 24, and can barely get on the court.

The correct answer is: Lawrence Frank is goddamn moron. He started 0-16 with the Nets, and he wants to see if he can do worse with the Pistons.
Which begs the question, how did Frank get another head-coach gig?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #28
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
He was ruled ineligible I believe

He will miss no more than 10 games.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #29
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
He will miss no more than 10 games.
And, you know, it has zero impact on his NBA draft eligibility in 2013.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #30
AAckley1
Decent playground baller

AAckley1 has an OK reputation so far

I see them attempting to move Prince/Stuckey before the deadline & go into full tank mode. Picking up Shabazz will be the exact type of dynamic player this team needs to pair with Monroe, Drummond & Knight.
AAckley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: