Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Is it too early to call Derrick Williams a bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Yeah he sucks. He has a team without its six best players at 5-2, but he sucks, because one guy underperforms.

Didn't realize he guided them. Thank you.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #17
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

I don't think it's too early to call him a bust. Does he have a chance to become a good player? Sure. Has he been a total bust thus far in his career? Yep.

It's not like he's 18 years old either, he was supposed to be an immediate contributor for the Wolves.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

I don't think he's entirely bad.

He drafted Rubio, traded for Love, brought over Shved and Pek, hired Adleman etc etc.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
v1ncelis
Decent playground baller

v1ncelis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I don't think he's entirely bad.

He drafted Rubio, traded for Love, brought over Shved and Pek, hired Adleman etc etc.
Don't forget he wasted so many high picks, traded for Jaric ...
v1ncelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
LexiKhan
I brick open layups

LexiKhan has an OK reputation so far

Ship him out ASAP. With Love out and a full off-season to brush up his skills, this was supposed to be his time to show his mettle. Instead he's showing how much he sucks. Dante Cunningham is outplaying him and with AK47, Love and Buddinger he has no space in the wolves rotation.

But maybe I'm giving up on him to soon because I'm still traumatized by those two orangy scrubs (Flynn and W.Johnson). I mean goddamn, we had 3 top 5 picks and wasted them all.
LexiKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
KB2009Champ
Local High School Star

KB2009Champ has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
I don't think it's too early to call him a bust. Does he have a chance to become a good player? Sure. Has he been a total bust thus far in his career? Yep.

It's not like he's 18 years old either, he was supposed to be an immediate contributor for the Wolves.

Didn't he just turn 20 or 21?

He has a long way to go before you can call him a bust.
KB2009Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Remember people said he was a budding superstar SF??

Annnnnnd yet another prediction I was dead right on.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
I wouldn't call him a bust yet. People here have no patience. They proclaim greatness for a player after one good game and call people done after 2 bad games . It's too soon to call him a bust, but it's looking like he maybe. He's a tweener. He's not an NBA power forward, so he needs to become an NBA small forward. Work on your game son.

I disagree. 5 years ago he was too small to be a power forward, but now that players at that position are getting shorter and shorter he fits there better than at the 3. Size isn't his problem.

His problem is more that he doesn't do anything well at the NBA level. He's supposed to be a scorer but his scoring ability hasn't really translated from college and his shooting is nowhere near as good as it seemed at Arizona. Add that to being below average on the boards and defense and you have a pretty useless NBA forward.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

E'Twaun Moore the 55th overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft is currently putting up better numbers than him.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #25
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Kahn tried to trade him to Charlotte for the #2 pick. MKG has already been better lol.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Remember people said he was a budding superstar SF??

Annnnnnd yet another prediction I was dead right on.
Pretty sure you said that Kyrie would be a bust and that the Cavs should've taken Derrick Williams.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #27
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
Didn't he just turn 20 or 21?

He has a long way to go before you can call him a bust.

21 isn't that young in the NBA. Kevin Durant was averaging 30ppg at 21 after having been the number 2 overall pick.

Williams went to school for two years too, players like that are supposed to be a bit more polished than the one and doners.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #28
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never really liked Williams, I thought he'd be better than he has been though. I just didn't think he warranted being picked 2nd, I thought Jonas and Kanter were better prospects.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #29
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
And I remember when people used to argue that Williams should be picked ahead of Kyrie.

I'll take my lumps on that. I threw out the scenario of Cleveland taking Williams at #1 and Knight at #4. Yikes. I'd be fired if I was the GM that made that call.

As for the question of the thread, no, I don't think it's too early. He was pretty hyped up and you'd be able to tell if he really had something by now. He doesn't. There's nothing special about him. You would think with Love going down, he'd emerge.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #30
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Pretty sure you said that Kyrie would be a bust and that the Cavs should've taken Derrick Williams.
Fail
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: