Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Kobe hating alert

This thread is pure speculation and most will understandably take this as an attack on Kobe or "kobe hating", but I'm sure that some will see this as a possible scenario deep down.

Hear me out.

Kobe didn't want Phil back.

It is no secret that Phil and Kobe don't like each other. I think Kobe had enough of Phil. Kobe also knew that Phil would make Dwight the focus of the offense, and Nash would have the ball more than Kobe. Kobe's ego didn't want this to happen. Kobe and Antoni also have a long history with each other, and playing under the run and gun system would be to Kobe's liking. A system that's open for him to do what he wants when he wants, his relationship with Antoni would also eliminate any head butting.

So, Kobe 'influences' Buss to opt out of signing Phil. It also doesn't hurt that Phil's asking price was too high, but according to reports they were a day from signing him, shit…. it was basically a done deal.

andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kobe hating alert

"Kobe hating alert"
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Sounds legit
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

lazy to read
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they had their little beef but I would think kobe is smart enough know that working with phil would give him his best chance at #6. kobe knows that phil> antoni
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Either way, both don't like each other. That's fine. Both egos can't stand each other. I can roll with that. But they did do things in this league player/coach, that only a few have... I think fans both will look at that and not dwell on this.

They did team up a second time around and won back to back titles and went to 3 straight Finals.

And that was after Phil wrote the book "The Last Season", where he said Kobe was "un coachable", as well other things.

There's also a flip side to every coin:

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2005/09..._but_good.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...lmost-imploded
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How was it basically a done deal when they didn't even negotiate any terms of his return? Kobe didn't have any say in the Mike Brown signing and I doubt 2 years older, he had any say in this decision either.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
they had their little beef but I would think kobe is smart enough know that working with phil would give him his best chance at #6. kobe knows that phil> antoni

Kobe knows this.

But I believe that there's two sides to Kobe. And the later would take the challenge to win without Phil. Besides, they have a great team. Nash was out, and Kobe also knew that it would take them time to gel as a team. Even with last season's team they're a legit threat at their worst. Add Howard and Nash not only are they a legit threat, they're a favored contender to win it all at their worst when healthy and with time together, regardless of the coach. Their talent is simply too much for teams.

So it wasn't like Antoni was gonna make or break them, neither would Phil.

I think that Kobe also figured that having Dwight in the middle would solve most defensive holes. The Antoni Suns did pretty good and they didn't have somebody like Dwight or Kobe.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

Baseless speculation is baseless.

Considering Kobe had nothing but glowing praise for Phil recently, won all of his five rings with Phil, and they pretty much patched things up the last time around, now all of a suddenly Kobe is saying one thing in the media and playing games behind the scenes?

Mamba out
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Baseless speculation is baseless.

Considering Kobe had nothing but glowing praise for Phil recently, won all of his five rings with Phil, and they pretty much patched things up the last time around, now all of a suddenly Kobe is saying one thing in the media and playing games behind the scenes?

Mamba out

Of course its baseless speculation, I admitted to that. Never said it was anything but that.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has no real reputation yet.

I honestly don't think the FO cares what Kobe wants. Jim Buss didn't want PJ, end of story.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Of course its baseless speculation, I admitted to that. Never said it was anything but that.

Well at least you were upfront about this being nothing but a Kobe hating thread. Considering all the facts point to Kobe wanting Phil back, but now it's Kobe's fault Phil didn't come back because of some sort of sinister schemes.

Mamba out
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
How was it basically a done deal when they didn't even negotiate any terms of his return? Kobe didn't have any say in the Mike Brown signing and I doubt 2 years older, he had any say in this decision either.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between of what was reported.

Phil is careful with his wording, and he's known to give subtle veiled jabs, which is what his statement came off as.

I think that Kobe not having a say in Brown's signing was a mistake that was fixed. Ya'll seriously think that Kobe didn't have any input in Brown's firing?

Shit… I think he was directly responsible for his departure.

He pointed to the office and demanded he get fired, then he instigated the Phil rejection. They had better listen to him now. While Howard might be their future, it is still Kobe's team.

Biggest clue is Antoni's contract length.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Well at least you were upfront about this being nothing but a Kobe hating thread. Considering all the facts point to Kobe wanting Phil back, but now it's Kobe's fault Phil didn't come back because of some sort of sinister schemes.

Mamba out

LOL

Kobe is known to be two faced, but to be fair so is everybody in the public eye.

Anybody in his position will privately hate Phil but welcome him and say all the right things in public. Public figures from all walks for life have done that, and its understandable.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I think the truth lies somewhere in between of what was reported.

Phil is careful with his wording, and he's known to give subtle veiled jabs, which is what his statement came off as.

I think that Kobe not having a say in Brown's signing was a mistake that was fixed. Ya'll seriously think that Kobe didn't have any input in Brown's firing?

Shit… I think he was directly responsible for his departure.

He pointed to the office and demanded he get fired, then he instigated the Phil rejection. They had better listen to him now. While Howard might be their future, it is still Kobe's team.

Biggest clue is Antoni's contract length.

D'Antoni's contract length lines up perfectly with Nash's.

There is no secret conspiracy here...Kobe's been in the league a long time, so we all know how he operates by now. If Kobe wanted Brown gone that badly, he would have just said so upfront. Kobe's never been one to sugarcoat things for the media.

Mamba out
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: