Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default So I just be started following Football/Soccer....

I have just recently followed soccer but watched every World Cup since I can remember. Now with the internet and American television covering EPL, I am starting to grow as a fan of this game and the history that came with these clubs.

What is up with La Liga? Don't like how two teams dominate the league. Real Madrid is one of my favorite clubs dating back to Figo, Raul, Zidane, Becks and Ronaldo. Barca vs Real is always a good match but it's quite funny seeing these two teams beat each other up when Spain's entire National team plays for these two.

EPL? I love Man U and their style of play and probably the most intense crowd and stadium in the world. Love the hear the roars when a goal is made.

Rooting for Liverpool as well, I don't know if it's possible to be a Man U fan and a Liverpool. Love Gerrard's game, very graceful and tough.

Real Madrid
Man U
Liverpool

What u think?
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So I just be started following Football/Soccer....

liverpool and man united are rivals
its absolutely not possible to be a fan of both
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watch EPL for the hype.
Watch La Liga for the best football.
Watch Serie A for tactics.
Watch Bundesliga for young rising stars.

Or, watch the Champions League for a bit of everything, if you don't have time.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
liverpool and man united are rivals
its absolutely not possible to be a fan of both

Like I said, I'm pretty new to the soccer, so I don't know the extent of this rivalry nor do I really care.

These two teams are miles apart. One is good, the other is rebuilding it seems.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Watch EPL for the hype.

yea, I think Champions League is the best thing in sports. A club from different leagues in a tournament right?

wish they would do that for basketball but a NBA team will destroy any team from any where. At least the Finals Champion would.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Watch EPL for the hype.

Bundesliga is just as good technically as any league IMO and one of my favorite leagues to watch. There's a little bit of everything to enjoy in all the leagues, especially if you look out for certain teams. For example, Roma currently is one of my favorite teams to watch; from time to time I like watching the Eredivisie as well.

OP, if you're American, don't discount the MLS. Sure it's not as good as any of the top leagues, but it's fun to support your local team, see matches live, and the games are entertaining.

As for a team to support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
yea, I think Champions League is the best thing in sports. A club from different leagues in a tournament right?

wish they would do that for basketball but a NBA team will destroy any team from any where. At least the Finals Champion would.

Yeah, Euroleague is the essentially CL in basketball but obviously it's only European basketball clubs. An EL champion vs. NBA champion would probably the only interesting basketball equivalent.

Last edited by Grinder : 11-13-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Actually more than one club from each league, according to the "importance" of national leagues (measured by results in previous years).
3 spots are reserved for the best English, Spanish and German teams, 2 for the best Italian, French and Portuguese, and so on.
Other teams can make the competition through the qualifying ground.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Champions League can be a dud at times because managers tend to react to the tactics of teams from other domestic leagues that result in not putting their most offensive teams on the field. ie. It's rare for a team from England to go as offensive against Barca as they would against a team in their own league. You won't see Man U start RVP and Rooney against Barca for example regardless of the fact they play quite deep for strikers.

But the CL is still the best quality of soccer in the world. The times you get to see top teams playing each other the way they're built to play is amazing.

The second last leg of the group stage is next Tues and Wed. Some very big games.

As far as the domestic leagues, the EPL will always be the most excited, but Serie A is my favorite league to watch when you just focus on what's happening on the field. Some may find it boring at times, but as a sports fan I find a ball being passed back an forth at mid-field more fun than watching a QB throw a 50 yard td pass....or at least more beautiful. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Bundesliga is just as good technically as any league IMO and one of my favorite leagues to watch. There's a little bit of everything to enjoy in all the leagues, especially if you look out for certain teams. For example, Roma currently is one of my favorite teams to watch; from time to time I like watching the Eredivisie as well.

OP, if you're American, don't discount the MLS. Sure it's not as good as any of the top leagues, but it's fun to support your local team, see matches live, and the games are entertaining.

As for a team to support

Yeah, Euroleague is the essentially CL in basketball but obviously it's only European basketball clubs. An EL champion vs. NBA champion would probably the only interesting basketball equivalent.

Yea, I follow MLS a little. Only the LA Galaxy.

Funny thing is Robbie Keane stole a freaking goal the other night and celebrated like it was Champions League win.... It was conference Finals and it was in the bag already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPrS...eature=related
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Actually more than one club from each league, according to the "importance" of national leagues (measured by results in previous years).
3 spots are reserved for the best English, Spanish and German teams, 2 for the best Italian, French and Portuguese, and so on.
Other teams can make the competition through the qualifying ground.

thank you.

What is the Euro tournament?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Champions League can be a dud at times because managers tend to react to the tactics of teams from other domestic leagues that result in not putting their most offensive teams on the field. ie. It's rare for a team from England to go as offensive against Barca as they would against a team in their own league. You won't see Man U start RVP and Rooney against Barca for example regardless of the fact they play quite deep for strikers.

But the CL is still the best quality of soccer in the world. The times you get to see top teams playing each other the way they're built to play is amazing.

The second last leg of the group stage is next Tues and Wed. Some very big games.

As far as the domestic leagues, the EPL will always be the most excited, but Serie A is my favorite league to watch when you just focus on what's happening on the field. Some may find it boring at times, but as a sports fan I find a ball being passed back an forth at mid-field more fun than watching a QB throw a 50 yard td pass....or at least more beautiful. lol

I appreciate the sarcasm
Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Imo Bundesliga is the most competitive and exciting league, also the stadiums,the crowds and the coverage are great
But i don't think they are broadcasting it,legally,outside of German Pay-TV
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Imo Bundesliga is the most competitive and exciting league, also the stadiums,the crowds and the coverage are great
But i don't think they are broadcasting it,legally,outside of German Pay-TV
they do
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
I think the most exciting thing about Serie A is that you never know who rigged the game more in his favor
Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
they do
didn't know that
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: