Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: So I just be started following Football/Soccer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Imo Bundesliga is the most competitive and exciting league, also the stadiums,the crowds and the coverage are great
But i don't think they are broadcasting it,legally,outside of German Pay-TV

They do but there aren't the same types of deals as the other leagues. The games are more sparse and it's harder to follow any one team because not every game is broadcast.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
They do but there aren't the same types of deals as the other leagues. The games are more sparse and it's harder to follow any one team because not every game is broadcast.

This is part true....I can't find streaming for Serie A and the German league.

9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

any good soccer websites and message boards?

So far I found....

goal.com

biggersoccer.com
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Yea, I follow MLS a little. Only the LA Galaxy.

Funny thing is Robbie Keane stole a freaking goal the other night and celebrated like it was Champions League win.... It was conference Finals and it was in the bag already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPrS...eature=related
Wilhelmsson's reaction is priceless!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
any good soccer websites and message boards?

So far I found....

goal.com
bigsoccer.com
Fixed.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Wilhelmsson's reaction is priceless!

and then Becks gives him the tea bag.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #22
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I appreciate the sarcasm

I'm not being sarcastic. I'd watch a game between Lazio and Udinese, for example, over pretty much any NFL match up.

Up until this season one of our local channels would air a few Serie A games per week. Nothing better than getting up and chilling on the couch to some Serie A. Or I used to come home from school and put on a recording of a game from earlier that day. It's soothing watching Serie A when your brain is a little fried. And that's not another sarcastic comment. To me Serie A is very visually pleasing. Easy on the eyes.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #23
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
I'm not being sarcastic. I'd watch a game between Lazio and Udinese, for example, over pretty much any NFL match up.

Up until this season one of our local channels would air a few Serie A games per week. Nothing better than getting up and chilling on the couch to some Serie A. Or I used to come home from school and put on a recording of a game from earlier that day. It's soothing watching Serie A when your brain is a little fried. And that's not another sarcastic comment. To me Serie A is very visually pleasing. Easy on the eyes.

they play tiki taka like Barca?

I like watching plays develop, I don't like that style of play. It's nice and all but very frustrating.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #24
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Soccer is ok I guess, it's a bit on the boring side but what I really dislike is when a fight breaks out, soccer player fight like girls, kicking and flailing their arms about

Not a real man's sport.
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Soccer is ok I guess, it's a bit on the boring side but what I really dislike is when a fight breaks out, soccer player fight like girls, kicking and flailing their arms about

Not a real man's sport.

They can fight but penalties are very severe and Euro's consider fighting disgraceful.

I saw Sergio Ramos shove a Puyol in the face and Puyol took the flop. Ramos was kicked out.

I saw Becks kick a ball towards a guy that was down and they made a big deal out of it.

Just imagine if fists were being thrown. Look at all the backlash Zidane got for his headbutt.

Artest beats up an entire arena and now he's loved again. I've seen lesser things done and guys are scrutinized for it. Like Beckhams kick in the WC, they never forgave him.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Barca's my team but saying La Liga is the best league in football is a stretch. Also this season isn't all Barca and Real. Atlético and Málaga are in the top mix as well. Valencia is a really fun La Liga team to watch also. Mallorca is having a really good season and Tomer Hemed is having a really good break out season there this season.

I pretty much follow La Liga and now am starting to come around to following the Premier League. I watch the occasional Serie A and Bundesliga.

The Champions League has the best football though of course as it has the best teams from each of the top European leagues.

Like I said, my team really is Barca in Europe and Spain on a national level and my favorite player is Andrés Iniesta.

With that said, welcome a board. Enjoy football, it's one of the funnest sports in the world.

Last edited by Edwin : 11-13-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Bundesliga is just as good technically as any league IMO and one of my favorite leagues to watch. There's a little bit of everything to enjoy in all the leagues, especially if you look out for certain teams. For example, Roma currently is one of my favorite teams to watch; from time to time I like watching the Eredivisie as well.

OP, if you're American, don't discount the MLS. Sure it's not as good as any of the top leagues, but it's fun to support your local team, see matches live, and the games are entertaining.

As for a team to support

Yeah, Euroleague is the essentially CL in basketball but obviously it's only European basketball clubs. An EL champion vs. NBA champion would probably the only interesting basketball equivalent.
Yup they have the GOAT player Michael Bradly

Biased American
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #28
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
They can fight but penalties are very severe and Euro's consider fighting disgraceful.

I saw Sergio Ramos shove a Puyol in the face and Puyol took the flop. Ramos was kicked out.

I saw Becks kick a ball towards a guy that was down and they made a big deal out of it.

Just imagine if fists were being thrown. Look at all the backlash Zidane got for his headbutt.

Artest beats up an entire arena and now he's loved again. I've seen lesser things done and guys are scrutinized for it. Like Beckhams kick in the WC, they never forgave him.

Flopping is sadly a part of the game, taking advantage on referees to win the game. It's all on referees to look through those.

Zidane is known to be a pretty nice guy on the field and it took arguably the best soccer pest in the world at the time to take his guard down. Fans who know those guys well wouldn't mind but media just stirred the shit up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: