Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #31
brwnman
.
 
brwnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,665
brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Being high doesn't effect your driving unless you are a retard.

haha, it's funny that you say that... I am still in high school, senior year and we actually had people come and actually do a presentation of drunk driving... and then they had a little clip about how drugs actually do have an effect on your driving, and they gave an actual case where it did, so your theory is totally wrong...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:16 PM   #32
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,174
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Great stoner moments

I don't know man. I've never lost the ability to function when I was stoned. If you saw me, you probably wouldn't even think I was high. Well, you might, because I was slightly overweight and I had long hair. But I didn't ACT stoned. No trouble walking, talking, no uncontrollable fits of laughter, etc. For some reason, when I left the house, I never had trouble with uncontrollable fits of laughter.

I think it also helped that I used to smoke so much. I would wake and bake every day, and then smoke every hour or two after that until I went to bed. Repeat. So, I think I was pretty "used" to the feeling.

I'm too busy right now to share any stoner stories, but I might later.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #33
brwnman
.
 
brwnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,665
brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I don't know man. I've never lost the ability to function when I was stoned. If you saw me, you probably wouldn't even think I was high. Well, you might, because I was slightly overweight and I had long hair. But I didn't ACT stoned. No trouble walking, talking, no uncontrollable fits of laughter, etc. For some reason, when I left the house, I never had trouble with uncontrollable fits of laughter.

I think it also helped that I used to smoke so much. I would wake and bake every day, and then smoke every hour or two after that until I went to bed. Repeat. So, I think I was pretty "used" to the feeling.

I'm too busy right now to share any stoner stories, but I might later.

it depends person to person and if it got deep enough... like when I got messed, I couldn't move for a little while, and then when I could I did not function properly, I took it in pretty hard tho...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #34
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,230
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Give the guy a break with all this "going to work high" stuff. He's friggin' bussing tables! Hell, I'd encourage him to "do what he has to do" with a job like that (granted he's still able to work). It can be tedious and exhausting, I'm sure. We're not exactly talking about a lifeguard or plane captain; something requiring a certain degree of responsibility.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #35
cyco127
Local High School Star
 
cyco127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jazz Forum Mod/ Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 894
cyco127 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I don't know man. I've never lost the ability to function when I was stoned. If you saw me, you probably wouldn't even think I was high. Well, you might, because I was slightly overweight and I had long hair. But I didn't ACT stoned. No trouble walking, talking, no uncontrollable fits of laughter, etc. For some reason, when I left the house, I never had trouble with uncontrollable fits of laughter.

I think it also helped that I used to smoke so much. I would wake and bake every day, and then smoke every hour or two after that until I went to bed. Repeat. So, I think I was pretty "used" to the feeling.

I'm too busy right now to share any stoner stories, but I might later.


That's me too, totally under the radar.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #36
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,365
jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Being high doesn't effect your driving unless you are a retard.

i was waiting for this. you honestly believe that? when u have a family to worry over, you'll understand...hopefully.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:56 AM   #37
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,637
johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Hell, I'd encourage him to "do what he has to do" with a job like that (granted he's still able to work). It can be tedious and exhausting, I'm sure. We're not exactly talking about a lifeguard or plane captain; something requiring a certain degree of responsibility.
I agree it's not a fun job, an easy one, or a particularly well paying one. Call me old-fashioned, but I believe when you make a commitment to an employer who is paying you, the least you can do is show up to work in some form of sobriety. Going to work high also is on the other side of the line from "just having fun with it." When you start doing things like that, it suggests that you have some sort of dependance on the drug (which clipps can attest to).

I don't know, man. I'm not going to pretend I've never gone to work hung over, but I've never been drunk/stoned/anything like that on the job. Regular people don't do that. I'm pointing out that it isn't normal to go to work under the influence of any substance, and it doesn't speak volumes for one's character, either.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #38
clipps
Good college starter
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,064
clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
When you start doing things like that, it suggests that you have some sort of dependance on the drug (which clipps can attest to).

What makes you say that? You don't know me. Those stories happened in a 3 year span. I'll get on an average of once every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. Don't talk sh!t unless you know.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #39
clipps
Good college starter
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,064
clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i was waiting for this. you honestly believe that? when u have a family to worry over, you'll understand...hopefully.

I don't know about you but being stoned has never effected my driving skills. Anyone I've been around,none of their driving skills has ever hindered while high or stoned.

Anyone who probably f*cked up while driving stoned were probably bad drivers to begin with.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:44 AM   #40
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,637
johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
What makes you say that? You don't know me. Those stories happened in a 3 year span. I'll get on an average of once every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. Don't talk sh!t unless you know.
You know what - you're right. I can't say for sure. However, saying that you smoke weed because it makes work easier to deal with suggests some sort of dependance on the drug. Those are the kind of things drug addicts say. Not that you are one. So I do apologize for overstepping there - I can't say for certain that you do have a dependance. But what you've said points to some sort of need for the drug, that much is for sure. Like I'm saying, average joes don't go to work stoned, dude. It's not the normal thing to do. Again, I don't know how old you are, but that kind of sht won't wash when you have a real career and not some minimum wage job to worry about.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 AM   #41
clipps
Good college starter
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,064
clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
You know what - you're right. I can't say for sure. However, saying that you smoke weed because it makes work easier to deal with suggests some sort of dependance on the drug. Those are the kind of things drug addicts say. Not that you are one. So I do apologize for overstepping there - I can't say for certain that you do have a dependance. But what you've said points to some sort of need for the drug, that much is for sure. Like I'm saying, average joes don't go to work stoned, dude. It's not the normal thing to do. Again, I don't know how old you are, but that kind of sht won't wash when you have a real career and not some minimum wage job to worry about.

I said it was easier for me to deal with customers. I never said I can't do my job well without smoking weed. I don't need to smoke weed in order to deal with ******* guests. It just makes it easier when I'm high and I don't give as much of a sh!t. I like Mashed potatoes. I like mashed potatoes even better with gravy. But if I don't have the gravy, then oh well,the mashed potatoes are still good. You see the analogy? So no, I'm not dependant on weed. But I do see what you are talking about.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 AM   #42
clipps
Good college starter
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,064
clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
haha, it's funny that you say that... I am still in high school, senior year and we actually had people come and actually do a presentation of drunk driving... and then they had a little clip about how drugs actually do have an effect on your driving, and they gave an actual case where it did, so your theory is totally wrong...

Yea, they had the samething at my school bunch of times. But I bet most of those accidents are from drinking, or doing f'd up drugs like crack, LSD, Meth,etc. I'll never touch that sh!t.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 AM   #43
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,230
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I agree it's not a fun job, an easy one, or a particularly well paying one. Call me old-fashioned, but I believe when you make a commitment to an employer who is paying you, the least you can do is show up to work in some form of sobriety. Going to work high also is on the other side of the line from "just having fun with it." When you start doing things like that, it suggests that you have some sort of dependance on the drug (which clipps can attest to).

I don't know, man. I'm not going to pretend I've never gone to work hung over, but I've never been drunk/stoned/anything like that on the job. Regular people don't do that. I'm pointing out that it isn't normal to go to work under the influence of any substance, and it doesn't speak volumes for one's character, either.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I've smoked enough bud to know it's not debilitating like, say, alcohol can be. I've worked at jobs where almost every employee in the place smokes weed on a regular basis. I've worked at jobs where my bosses and managers are asking if I could find them some dank. At least from what I've witnessed, I think you'd be suprised how many "average joes" have been to work high. I guess much of this depends on what you consider an average person, and what kind of job that average person has. Obviously, in some workplaces (like you said, places that aren't minimum wage type jobs), a clear and sober head is ideal, if not necessity... Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't advocate getting high to the point where you can't do your job right, but in this case, I wouldn't take a down-right conservative stance on the issue.

I don't know, I tend not to be nit-picky in a situation like this. There's times where being "old fashioned" means something, and theres times where it doesn't. Yes, I understand your point and, in general, I do agree, but I think it's sort of a lost cause in this particular case. In the end, the dude is just bussing tables, not building software, not designing a house, not teaching your children math. What does it matter if the guy cleaning up your plates and forks is a little high? Not the end of the world, or work ethic, as we know it imho.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #44
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,174
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Great stoner moments

OK, so here's an interesting stoner story. I was smoking weed with my brother and uncle in the car. After a few minutes, I start to feel really light. Like as if my arms are just kind of floating out in space; like gravity had loosened its grip on me. I moved my arms around, picked my legs up. My brother says something like, "It's only weed," and I'm like, "Yeah." (It's possible something else was in it.. he used to smoke meth a lot and I don't know if he was on meth at the time. He's completely clean --weed, alcohol, etc-- for a couple years now, btw).

Anyways, so I'm feeling really tripped out. We decide to stop by this store. I get out of the car and grab onto the roof of the car to hold myself down. I walk into the store and I'm just having trouble staying focused. I see something that catches my eye.

Ever seen those little bubblegum packages that are shaped like hot dogs or bologna or something? Well, I see what appears to be a GIGANTIC bubblegum hotdog and I say something like "OH WOW!" and I apparently cut some lady off and run over to grab it. I pick it up and it's a pickled sausage; looked exactly like a dog's *****. I set it down, "Ehhh, nevermind."

I grabbed a Mountain Dew or something. Sitting in line while my brother is paying for it. Staring down at the ground. Suddenly the world is falling out from underneath me. I can feel it. The world is spinning and I'm losing control.. falling closer to the ground.. suddenly I stand up straight and a Marlboro "Wait In Line" sign comes flying back up to its upright position. Apparently, I had been leaning on it and it was bending. It was at that point that I decided I'd wait out in the car for them.

Another time I recall smoking some weed with my brother. I was feeling kind of disappointed since I didn't feel like I was high. Almost tempted to ask him to load another bowl. But I didn't wanna be a bogart so I just went with it. Well, I'm sitting down watching the movie The Shining.. and the part with the blood pouring out of the elevator comes in. At first I'm like, "what the ****? Why the TV lookin' all fuzzy?" Then I see blood coming rushing at me and I ****ing flipped. Mentally to myself, "I gotta get the **** out of here!" So I went and laid down and played NBA Hoopz or some some **** on Dreamcast for a couple hours until I chilled out.

I had some home grown weed that made me absolutely /stupid/. Like, ****ing retarded. It was insane. Simple tasks became extremely difficult. Time felt extremely slow.

One time I forgot what year it was. And it was like, June.

I recall I had a bag of shake from all kinds of different bags of weed I had. I would always buy a new half oz or something before I ran out of my current stash and then save a nug or two from it for emergencies. Well, I had this huge bag of shake and I loaded it up and took a hit.. blew it out. About 5 seconds later I stand up to open the door.. *COUGH* More smoke comes out. Holy **** I was instantly extremely high. It's true what they say.. you don't get off unless you cough.

Around this same time frame, my brother, my uncle, my friend and myself all became extremely obsessed with Counter-Strike. We would hop out my window to toke a bowl and I found it incredibly hilarious how as soon as my uncle took a hit, I turned my head and dude was already half way back through the window so he could be first to play CS. He never turned down weed. It was classic ****.

Hopping out my back window was a frequent occurance. One time, we were coming back in and it was muddy. My bed was right next to the window so I took my shoes off. "OK man, take off your shoes so you don't get my bed muddy." Well, he decides to fling them off his feet instead of take them off. As soon as I look up after putting my shoes on the floor, I see a shoe coming at me in slow motion.. and right at the last second before it smacks me square in the face.. it pauses and I see every little detail in the tread on the bottom of it. It was like something out of a movie.

Last edited by reppy : 02-01-2007 at 06:58 AM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #45
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Great stoner moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
OK, so here's an interesting stoner story. I was smoking weed with my brother and uncle in the car. After a few minutes, I start to feel really light. Like as if my arms are just kind of floating out in space; like gravity had loosened its grip on me. I moved my arms around, picked my legs up. My brother says something like, "It's only weed," and I'm like, "Yeah." (It's possible something else was in it.. he used to smoke meth a lot and I don't know if he was on meth at the time. He's completely clean --weed, alcohol, etc-- for a couple years now, btw).

Anyways, so I'm feeling really tripped out. We decide to stop by this store. I get out of the car and grab onto the roof of the car to hold myself down. I walk into the store and I'm just having trouble staying focused. I see something that catches my eye.

Ever seen those little bubblegum packages that are shaped like hot dogs or bologna or something? Well, I see what appears to be a GIGANTIC bubblegum hotdog and I say something like "OH WOW!" and I apparently cut some lady off and run over to grab it. I pick it up and it's a pickled sausage; looked exactly like a dog's *****. I set it down, "Ehhh, nevermind."

I grabbed a Mountain Dew or something. Sitting in line while my brother is paying for it. Staring down at the ground. Suddenly the world is falling out from underneath me. I can feel it. The world is spinning and I'm losing control.. falling closer to the ground.. suddenly I stand up straight and a Marlboro "Wait In Line" sign comes flying back up to its upright position. Apparently, I had been leaning on it and it was bending. It was at that point that I decided I'd wait out in the car for them.

Another time I recall smoking some weed with my brother. I was feeling kind of disappointed since I didn't feel like I was high. Almost tempted to ask him to load another bowl. But I didn't wanna be a bogart so I just went with it. Well, I'm sitting down watching the movie The Shining.. and the part with the blood pouring out of the elevator comes in. At first I'm like, "what the ****? Why the TV lookin' all fuzzy?" Then I see blood coming rushing at me and I ****ing flipped. Mentally to myself, "I gotta get the **** out of here!" So I went and laid down and played NBA Hoopz or some some **** on Dreamcast for a couple hours until I chilled out.

I had some home grown weed that made me absolutely /stupid/. Like, ****ing retarded. It was insane. Simple tasks became extremely difficult. Time felt extremely slow.

One time I forgot what year it was. And it was like, June.

I recall I had a bag of shake from all kinds of different bags of weed I had. I would always buy a new half oz or something before I ran out of my current stash and then save a nug or two from it for emergencies. Well, I had this huge bag of shake and I loaded it up and took a hit.. blew it out. About 5 seconds later I stand up to open the door.. *COUGH* More smoke comes out. Holy **** I was instantly extremely high. It's true what they say.. you don't get off unless you cough.

Around this same time frame, my brother, my uncle, my friend and myself all became extremely obsessed with Counter-Strike. We would hop out my window to toke a bowl and I found it incredibly hilarious how as soon as my uncle took a hit, I turned my head and dude was already half way back through the window so he could be first to play CS. He never turned down weed. It was classic ****.

Hopping out my back window was a frequent occurance. One time, we were coming back in and it was muddy. My bed was right next to the window so I took my shoes off. "OK man, take off your shoes so you don't get my bed muddy." Well, he decides to fling them off his feet instead of take them off. As soon as I look up after putting my shoes on the floor, I see a shoe coming at me in slow motion.. and right at the last second before it smacks me square in the face.. it pauses and I see every little detail in the tread on the bottom of it. It was like something out of a movie.

YOU SMOKE A LOT OF WEED!
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy