Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #16
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is considered somewhat coolNumberSix is considered somewhat coolNumberSix is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Blasphemy. Orlando shoulda been had that #1 retired.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva

He was the 16th pick a ton of talent still and we are 2 weeks into the season. Your overreacting.
He has a mental/health issue that will prevent him from doing his job. It looks like a big waste of a pick since none of this was exactly a secret to Houston.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Just looking at how talented he is when he plays the game, this definitely isn't a waste of a pick.

Roll the dice on a 16th pick? You have a 18th pick anyway so whatever....it's very likely they didn't really want anyone else available at that point.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Blasphemy. Orlando shoulda been had that #1 retired.

Perhaps so.

I love both players, but T-Mac swagged it out even further.

That #1 on the Orlando pinstripe may be the most pimpinest jersey ever.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #20
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

if they're just going to send him to D-League, why not just leave him in Houston during away games and just play him during home games? at least he gets to play 50% of the time as opposed to 0%

Last edited by I<3NBA : 11-13-2012 at 11:52 PM.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He has a mental/health issue that will prevent him from doing his job. It looks like a big waste of a pick since none of this was exactly a secret to Houston.

Exactly. A mental health issue that is known certainly isn't a waste. If it wasn't known it would be more of a waste. 16th picks are rarely more than role players anyway. If White can get help he can be much more than just a role player.

Last edited by CLTHornets4eva : 11-14-2012 at 12:16 AM.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
ScalabrineStan
I airball my layups

ScalabrineStan has not been impressing people

Am I the only person who thinks this is stupid?

If you can play in front of 30,000 people and get dunked on/blocked which is way "scarier" flying first class drunk on a plane should be literally nothing.

In everything, there is sacrifice. If you want to play in the league, shut the **** up and get on the plane.
ScalabrineStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #23
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Why would Orlando retire Penny's jersey?
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #24
Boomerang
Serious playground baller

Boomerang has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalabrineStan
Am I the only person who thinks this is stupid?

If you can play in front of 30,000 people and get dunked on/blocked which is way "scarier" flying first class drunk on a plane should be literally nothing.

In everything, there is sacrifice. If you want to play in the league, shut the **** up and get on the plane.
You don't know anything about him or how it feels though..

Just like people have phobias. they arent scared of other things... but they just cant get over their phobia.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #25
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

At this point the issue isn't really about his anxiety, it's about his lack of professionalism. Dude is on a twitter rampage now.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #26
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He is coming off very badly...and it's not because of Houston; it's my take.

Which is not to say he shouldn't get help from the organization or isn't trying.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #27
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Royce White needs to find a new line of work. I don't care how callous it sounds. There's a difference between having an anxiety disorder and just being a narcissist.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #28
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
he needs to go play in a small country where you dont have to fly to travel.

maybe go play in greece
how would he get there
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #29
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

While I respect his difficulties, it's just not smart to deal with this from a management perspective.

He's just not cut out for the NBA life, despite his superb basketball skills.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #30
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

C-Webb4 has decent reputationC-Webb4 has decent reputation

I've said this before but as an anxiety disorder sufferer I know what he's going through from that standpoint. I've routed for him but also kind of thought that the odds are definitely very much against him and as such i'd be surprised for him to make it in the long term. I think at the end of the day it's not the Rockets fault, he just bit off more than he could chew and it's overwhelming for him. At the end of the day, yes we all want and desire equal opportunities but it's in the job description. If I can't walk, I would complain about my employer if I apply for a job as a professional runner. I'm sorry but i'm losing my sympathy for him a little bit. I do hope he gets better but somethings gotta give.
C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: