Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #61
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder has decent reputationchocolatethunder has decent reputation
Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I think the onus to make this right is on the Rockets. He's been public about his anxiety from day 1, he hasn't been hiding or misrepresenting to them. By selecting him I would assume they made preparations and were confident they could make him NBA ready? Royce has to make an effort as well, but it's the Rockets who have to try their best to help him. I mean, they basically took on the responsibility.
It seems like they are taking on the responsibility and he's not living up to his end of the bargain. His Twitter rants make him seem like an immature ingrate. They can't hold his hand every step of the way. I don't get it, players are always screaming about being "grown men" but often times act like petulant children. You can lead a horse to water but it doesn't seem like this horse is drinking.
chocolatethunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #62
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

According to rotoworld:

Quote:
The Rockets are reportedly fining Royce White every day he misses practice or therapy sessions with a person chosen by the team.This situation has turned ugly fast. According to the report, White grew upset with a lack of playing time last week and met extensively with GM Daryl Morey and two assistant coaches. Morey reportedly told White other players had earned the time, while White reportedly believes the Rockets are holding his anxiety order against him. With both sides so at odds, it doesn't appear this will end quickly or well. Nov 14 - 11:18 AM

You have to be kidding me right? Lack of playing time, he's a frickin rookie, I don't think any of the rookies have played at all. No wonder they are sending him down to teh D-league.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #63
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Having to deal with Royce White, Daryl Morey has now developed an anxiety disorder.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #64
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
According to rotoworld:

You have to be kidding me right? Lack of playing time, he's a frickin rookie, I don't think any of the rookies have played at all. No wonder they are sending him down to teh D-league.
Wow. That's silly. The rookies have hardly got playing time in the first place, that's what it's like as a rookie, his expectations are ridiculous. Play time will come but in the meantime he's getting paid for sitting on a bench and watching games, he's being very unreasonable.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #65
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds like he's pissed he's not playing and is using his Anxiety Disorder as a way to turn this against the Rockets.

Pretty sad stuff.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #66
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

royce has a career - Europe ball
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #67
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
royce has a career - Europe ball
He's afraid to fly.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #68
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I think the onus to make this right is on the Rockets. He's been public about his anxiety from day 1, he hasn't been hiding or misrepresenting to them. By selecting him I would assume they made preparations and were confident they could make him NBA ready? Royce has to make an effort as well, but it's the Rockets who have to try their best to help him. I mean, they basically took on the responsibility.

I think you're overreacting to the info that was out there pre-draft. Many people have mental or anxiety issues and are still able to function in their chosen careers. Just knowing that a person has a mental issue should not disqualify them from a job.

To me the biggest issue is that Royce is missing time at work without any valid excuse and throwing temper tantrums when he does not get his way.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #69
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Terrence Jones and Motiejunas has played in 1 game each. Limited minutes. The rookies just aren't getting playing time.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #70
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Nice.

Anywho, this is what I'm talking about. Being in the East would help him.

Look how dominating the West is... they travel way more and bitch way less than the East, yet, they have been the best conference since Jordan left.
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #71
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Why can't they just drug him?

I'm being serious.

People get knocked out to get teeth pulled these days... which isn't even close to necessary. Having teeth pulled with novacaine <<<<<< having an anxiety disorder triggered, from what I have heard. Hell, having teeth pulled without novacaine < that.

I guess it would affect his performance. You don't just snap awake. Just a thought.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #72
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Why can't they just drug him?

I'm being serious.

People get knocked out to get teeth pulled these days... which isn't even close to necessary. Having teeth pulled with novacaine <<<<<< having an anxiety disorder triggered, from what I have heard. Hell, having teeth pulled without novacaine < that.

I guess it would affect his performance. You don't just snap awake. Just a thought.
I think it messes up the body's biological clock, not sure about the details, but yeah he would wake up drowsy.

Being in an eastern conference team wouldn't help. He's using his disability as leverage for more playing time, and in doing so is indirectly throwing teammates under the bus. If they give him unearned playtime, that playtime is taken from that of fellow teammates', and also only playing home games would be a privilege- playing half the # of games but getting as much money? Real lockerroom problems unfortunately.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #73
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

he's not cut out for the NBA. to be honest, it was a stupid risk by the rockets to draft him.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #74
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here goes the latest news on the Royce White situation >>>> http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/179307131.html

Quote:
Rockets TV analyst Matt Bullard said Tuesday night that Royce White's comments about his decision to leave the team for now "shows that he does have, you know, a mental illness, because a lot of the things he's saying don't really match up with the reality as I see it as I'm around the Rockets every day."

White, the former Hopkins High star, whose Twitter handle is @Highway_30, responded to Bullard's video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce White
@bull50 Matt, How dare you say my comments are a representation of my #MentalIlness... if you don't know don't say. buzztap.com/-Qy82lF
— Royce White (@Highway_30) November 14, 2012
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #75
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

I wonder if Royce is on drugs...he's awfully paranoid...like over the top, and I doubt he has Schizophrenia . Possible addict IMO.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: