Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #91
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

C-Webb4 has decent reputationC-Webb4 has decent reputation
Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

I saw on ESPN earlier that currently his issue was at their suggestion for him to join the d-league. LOL. Come on man.
C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #92
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Wow please void this guys contract
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #93
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Welp reading through this I can see that some people still don't understand, it's not about the flying, that's merely a symptom of the larger problem which are his disorders. Drugs won't do anything for that except just to sedate him but once they wear off it all comes back. And he can, and will, meltdown like he did, and may still be doing.

What confuses the SHIT out of me is how this happened in the first place. How is it that, knowing allll of this before you snagged him, this wasn't set in stone completely before training camp even started? Royce is undoubtedly handling this wrong (SURPRISE! Another young athlete making bad decisions), but the Rockets didn't seem to really protect their investment here.

This is a bizarre situation, and I hope a resolution can be found. If it means Royce takes a year off basketball so be it, but I'd love to see this guy get on the court and produce because he def. has talent.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #94
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Welp reading through this I can see that some people still don't understand, it's not about the flying, that's merely a symptom of the larger problem which are his disorders. Drugs won't do anything for that except just to sedate him but once they wear off it all comes back. And he can, and will, meltdown like he did, and may still be doing.

What confuses the SHIT out of me is how this happened in the first place. How is it that, knowing allll of this before you snagged him, this wasn't set in stone completely before training camp even started? Royce is undoubtedly handling this wrong (SURPRISE! Another young athlete making bad decisions), but the Rockets didn't seem to really protect their investment here.

This is a bizarre situation, and I hope a resolution can be found. If it means Royce takes a year off basketball so be it, but I'd love to see this guy get on the court and produce because he def. has talent.

Right on all points.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #95
MontaEllis24
I hit open layups

MontaEllis24 has not been impressing people

darn had him winning ROTY too guess that prediction didnt fly
MontaEllis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #96
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontaEllis24
darn had him winning ROTY too guess that prediction didnt fly

That's so bad that it's good.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #97
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

I don't get the people who think that he's entitled to special treatment. There are millions of people in America and in the world for that matter who suffer from anxiety disorders and have to take on lower stress jobs that they can manage in order to pay bills and put food on the table. Yet he should get 1.8 Mill to miss practices, have twitter rants, hold his team hostage, and refuse to report to the team unless his demands are met. At the end of the day, yes it's basketball but it's also a job. One that if you can't do, you pick a different profession.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #98
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze has an OK reputation so far

Just give the dude a couple lorazepam or xanax. Anxiety. Gone.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #99
T-Time3
always Showtime

T-Time3 has decent reputation

at first when i watch the video on grantland, i feel bad for this dude
but now i'm thru with it, i'm tired of his bitchass lame excuses
if you won't fly, dont take an nba job

rockets fo need to stop providing anything royce demand
he ain't done nothing yet for the franchise
T-Time3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #100
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The guy is literally filling up my Twitter feed with retweets and making a real point of taking issue with Houston and the way things are going between the franchise and his 'needs'.

I had so much sympathy for the guy just a matter of days ago, but the more he spouts off on Twitter, the less I'm on his side. I don't see him working with the team towards some sort of solution, or if such solution doesn't exist, then a compromise. Instead he's sat there tweeting every hour of every day 'venting'. I also have issue with the fact he's basically coming off as that he has some sort of right to get playing time, that the D-League is beneath him, and that if Houston don't play him, it's because of his anxiety issues and not down to the fact he's missing practices/games and missed a chunk of training camp.

Terrence Jones, Montiejunas were there from the beginning. Jones especially had an impressive pre-season. But now neither are playing much if at all. Which makes it even harder for me to believe that White is being victimized. He needs to take his lumps and earn his playing time like any mid-1st round pick on a team trying to get into the playoffs.

It's such a sad situation though, for all concerned. I'm just disappointed at Royce's approach to everything. From the outside looking in, he's doing himself NO favours.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #101
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

how does he get into the nba with some mental disorder shit like this?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #102
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
how does he get into the nba with some mental disorder shit like this?

Because he is a top 5 pure talent if you ignore his potential mental issues.

Point forward with PG vision, tight handles for a big.
Can shoot the jumper and has great post game.
Big enough to play PF, quick enough to play SF at times.
Rebounds like a boss.
This guy was basically a upgraded Lamar Odom on crack.

Rockets took a chance. Looks like it is blowing up on us right now. Don't know if White's career as a Rocket, or even in the NBA, can be saved right now.

Last edited by noob cake : 11-15-2012 at 04:54 AM.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #103
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake

Rebounds like a boss.

Rockets took a chance. Looks like it is blowing up on us right now. Don't know if White's career as a Rocket, or even in the NBA, can be saved right now.

Good post.

What everyone is failing to understand is, the risk to pick White was a good risk. Sure it might not of come off this time, but if you can snag a top 5 talent and he ends up panning out, you then have more than just a role player who you could of picked at 16, which are a dime a dozen.
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #104
bingoa
I airball my layups

bingoa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake

Rebounds like a boss.

I thought he was a terrible shooter

So a glorified Boris Diaw is now a Top 5 talent?

It's a unique skill set but people seem to be confusing 'unique' with 'Elite'
bingoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #105
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Rockets working to help him doesn't mean they need to do everything 100% the way he'd like it done. Listening to him talk, he sounds like a spoiled baby. I don't doubt for 1 second his issues, but he doesn't sound at all like a person trying to get better. Everything is me me me, do it like i want, do it like i need. It really reminds me of a drug addict blaming others for not allowing him to get better so they can keep taking drugs. I think it's easy, he blames them, and doesn't need to play, to fly, because the rockets "won't allow him to".
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: