Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default OJ Mayo is the real deal

Dude is a stud. 3rd best SG, **** you cf86

He's been doing this all year, and clipperfan always tries to make him look bad.. "3rd best sg? where is this mysterious figure?"

yes im late, i watched the game on LP.. missed it live

Last edited by DirkNowitzki41 : 12-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: OJ Mayo is the real deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Dude is a stud. 3rd best SG, **** you cf86.

He's been doing this all year, and clipperfan always tries to make him look bad.. "3rd best sg? where is this mysterious figure?"

I agree we should start using 16 or 18 game samples to rank players in general and tell people to fu** off if they disagree. I think he's been top 5 so not like I bashed the guy. Just said when he played the Clippers last game he put up 4-12 for 11 points in a 23 point loss so why would I be impressed? I mean this was with dude going against Willie Green and Crawford, both poor defenders .
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I agree we should start using 16 or 18 game samples to rank players in general and tell people to fu** off if they disagree. I think he's been top 5 so not like I bashed the guy. Just said when he played the Clippers last game he put up 4-12 for 11 points in a 23 point loss so why would I be impressed? I mean this was with dude going against Willie Green and Crawford, both poor defenders .

i meant the **** off in a sarcastic way but still 16-18 games is a pretty big sample.

When I read your posts about Mayo, it's usually negative..

He's had bad games.. sure. But w/o Mayo, do you realize how BAD the Mavs record would've been?

Whats ur SG rankings?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 12th Man

MavsPoke has decent reputation

Agreed.

Ask me a few games ago and I would have hesitantly said that he is really good and getting close.

After the last couple of games he is playing like the real deal. I've now seem him do the clutch thing where a guy wills his team to a win. One of those things you can't see in a box score but when you watch the game you can see it. I am seeing it from him. Good stuff.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
i meant the **** off in a sarcastic way but still 16-18 games is a pretty big sample.

He's had bad games.. sure. But w/o Mayo, do you realize how BAD the Mavs record would've been?

Mayo's had a great season and likely will win MIP this year and be a great 2nd option for Dirk. I didn't mean it to sound insulting I was just saying I can't quite put him ahead of slumping/injured Wade+Manu yet until I see more but he's no doubt in the top 5 this year with them, Kobe and Harden. I also think healthy Gordon (would be a miracle if he was healthy) would be in this discussion.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

Quote:
Mayo's had a great season and likely will win MIP this year and be a great 2nd option for Dirk. I didn't mean it to sound insulting I was just saying I can't quite put him ahead of slumping/injured Wade+Manu yet until I see more but he's no doubt in the top 5 this year with them, Kobe and Harden. I also think healthy Gordon (would be a miracle if he was healthy) would be in this discussion.

That's fair
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

The mods are James Harden fans, in before locks

adn Clipperfan man it pains me inside that I can't talk s*** to you because I want no part of seeing Juice go against the Clippers in the playoffs. We all know his track record against them
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always knew Mayo was special, he just needed the minutes and the freedom to create. Now that he has that chance he better not **** up by getting into trouble...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Guy is not a top 10 wing player or a top 10 guard.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #10
Clippersfan86
Banned

I will say Dallas has been a great situation for him and Carlisle seems to believe in him which ALWAYS helps a player of his talent and skillset blossom.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

I remember OJ dropped 40 points on the Nuggets a few years back... then he became a 6th man.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I always knew Mayo was special, he just needed the minutes and the freedom to create. Now that he has that chance he better not **** up by getting into trouble...
Oj got his eye on the prize. when Dirk comes back then it really gets good
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

but yet his numbers say other wise. 48 % 53 % 3pt 85 % FT leading the NBA in 3 point makes . 21 points 4 rebounds 4 assists at the shooting guard position. Keeping his team afloat while Dirk is injured.

Where would the Mavs be w/o him.

Brandon Roy on steroids numbers.
OJ Mayo what he is doing is simply unsustainable. Guy is amazing
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Dude is a stud. 3rd best SG, **** you cf86

I didn't even see this 3rd best SG? when are we going to stop short changing the man. .

he is clearly the 2nd best SG right now in the NBA, only Kobe is playing at a higher level at that position.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

He's sure playing like it. I'd have to disagree.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: