Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Kevin Ware's twitter header is beautiful

http://twitter.com/_billionairebev

Him attempting to dunk the Planet Earth through a rim made of stars. So beautifully inspiring :'(

Get your calcium and Vitamin D from now on, my dude.

And, a question... why do people say you come back stronger after broken leg surgery? Why don't people just go ahead and get surgery to strengthen their leg bones even when they haven't broken them then?
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
jstern
College star

jstern has decent reputationjstern has decent reputation
Default Re: Kevin Ware's twitter header is beautiful

Looks like the moon.

The bone is harder at the spot it broke, but you don't come back stronger. My broken leg bother's me and the spot where I broke it, the bone is like a ball, a lump. An annoying lump. And I can't get on my knees because it hurts, due to the scar for the metal rod. And I have less feeling in the areas where they put the screws.

Last edited by jstern : 04-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kevin Ware's twitter header is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Looks like the moon.

Oh yeah, you're right. Didn't really look closely as I glanced and saw what I thought was a continent outline.

Quote:
The bone is harder at the spot it broke, but you don't come back stronger. My broken leg bother's me and the spot where I broke it, the bone is like a ball, a lump. An annoying lump. And I can't get on my knees because it hurts, due to the scar for the metal rod. And I have less feeling in the areas where they put the screws.

Damn man, hate to hear that. I wish nobody had to go through it.

The whole incident has me kind of paranoid. It's a good thing I retired from playing pick-up basketball a few years ago, and I doubt I will try and pick it back up after all this time away.

I'm still scared I might hurt myself running or doing leg presses/squats though.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: