Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Why is the west so much better than the east?

Now im not talking about Miami. But outside of them the east only has Boston. And maybe ny and Philly. Why is their such a disparity?
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
funnystuff
Say wot m8

funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation
Default Re: Why is the west so much better than the east?

West Offense > East Offense

East Defense > West Defense.

They aren't better, its just that people recognize offense more than defense so to the human eye they seem better.
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnystuff
West Offense > East Offense

East Defense > West Defense.

They aren't better, its just that people recognize offense more than defense so to the human eye they seem better.

If the West isn't better than you think the East is?

The chances that both are exactly equal might as well be zero. Which conference is better?

The thing with the West is not only are they deeper to the worst team, but they have a handful of championship contenders as well. On the East it's still basically the Heat and no one else. And that's not because the Heat are that much better than the rest of the conference either.

Unless you believe the Knicks hype. lol
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
funnystuff
Say wot m8

funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
If the West isn't better than you think the East is?

The chances that both are exactly equal might as well be zero. Which conference is better?

The thing with the West is not only are they deeper to the worst team, but they have a handful of championship contenders as well. On the East it's still basically the Heat and no one else. And that's not because the Heat are that much better than the rest of the conference either.

Unless you believe the Knicks hype. lol
Im not saying they're equal. Sorry for the mislead.

The West is better but I don't think its the huge margin people make it up to be.
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

NBA Power rankings

East vs. West: The West is 25-14 (.641) against the East in inter-conference games this season, and was 19-6 last week.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
rmt

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Well, why is the SouthWest Division so strong? Not one SW team below .500 Who said life is fair? Lucky for MIA the teams with strong front courts (LAL, MEM) are in the West.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
Well, why is the SouthWest Division so strong? Not one SW team below .500 Who said life is fair? Lucky for MIA the teams with strong front courts (LAL, MEM) are in the West.

Hornets and Rockets will drop off though.
outbreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The West is better right now, and that conference seems to be in strong position going forward.

However, the disparity isn't even half what it was for most of this millennium. The East used to have maybe 2 longshot contenders and a huge dropoff after those 2. Right now the Heat are obviously legit, the Celtics are sorta legit but that window is closing, I think the Knicks are legit and have a crazy deep roster, Then you drop off, but the dropoff isn't as big as it used to be. The Bulls are a very legit team, but missing their star...otherwise they're going for the best record in the league a 3rd straight year. Philadelphia is going to be a dangerous team with Bynum. Brooklyn is a good middle of the pack team as will Indiana be.

The West is just loaded right now though.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputation

But due to the lower east teams not being competitive, most of the potential high picks in recent drafts have gone to the east, and the fact the roster in the east are less stacked, their rooks are getting more PT to develop. if they stay in the conference maybe we will see a change in the next half decade.

Kyrie, Walker, Waiters, MKG, Pual George, Davis, Biyombo, Drummond, Monroe to Lillard, Klay Thompson, Burks, Barnes, Hayward, Leonard, Kanter, Cousins, just to name a few

Last edited by livingby3's : 11-15-2012 at 08:42 PM.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

If Stern was smart he would have sent Chris Paul East to help reduce the parity. West is the best because all the other teams have to keep up with Kobe Seriously though the East is effing garbage it's pathetic
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

I think the reason that was true for the past decade had a lot to do with Shaq, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzki.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

LMFAO

are you serious? Just Boston they are not even over 500%

Nets, Knicks, Bulls with Rose are better than the C's
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The West has better management and coaches. If you are not a great free agent destination you need a front office with creativity and a good coach. Luis Scola is the perfect example of a standard Western Conference move. Why did none of the East teams under the cap bid on Scola?

The Washington Wizards starting PF is Trevor Booker. I know Nene is coming back and everything, but in a league that plays more and more small ball a PF/C rotation of Scola and Nene, Okafor and Seraphin isnīt useful? Of course not if you just want to draft another Bradley Beal next year instead of competing for wins.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
FindingTim

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
I think the reason that was true for the past decade had a lot to do with Shaq, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzki.

and Steve Nash and Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber--- the Western Conference has been really nasty in my lifetime.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, their management and their coaches have created a conference that teams have to build great teams to compete in.

8 out of the last 12 championships and counting. It's the premiere conference and has been since Shaq went to LA and a couple of years later Jordan retired.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: