Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The -primetime- TOP-20 RBs of All-Time

Marshawn Lynch should be #1

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Marshall in his 3 prime years with the Rams averaged 20 touchdowns, per year.

In what world is that "few?"
I meant few (100) in comparison to LT's (145)
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Well that had nothing to do with the Rams. He scored 60 touchdowns in 3 years with them and even missed 4 games in that time span.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

emmitt #2

barry #4

garbage ist
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pretty shocked this thread made it to page 2 before the first Barry vs. Emmitt comment...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
not sure why that is funny to you...the guy is a HOFer...6th ALL TIME in rushing yards...and he was flat out awesome

I guess somehow you missed him playing but I didn't...he belongs in a top-20 list for sure, no question

#14? Too high. And for a career 3.9ypc back who had only 2 seasons with double digit rushing TDs. What was awesome about him? You liked the nickname "The Bus"? Liked seeing a fat north-south rusher? Ok. Put his stats in perspective and tell me what is #14 about them? Did he finish among the best rusher in the NFL in his 13yrs? Was he ever close? How often was he considered an elite RB?

His character was cool.Great guy. Leader. Big smile. But I question how much he deserves to be in the HOF honestly but thats another topic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
#14? Too high. And for a career 3.9ypc back who had only 2 seasons with double digit rushing TDs. What was awesome about him? You liked the nickname "The Bus"? Liked seeing a fat north-south rusher? Ok. Put his stats in perspective and tell me what is #14 about them? Did he finish among the best rusher in the NFL in his 13yrs? Was he ever close? How often was he considered an elite RB?

His character was cool.Great guy. Leader. Big smile. But I question how much he deserves to be in the HOF honestly but thats another topic.

And the tightest fade/beard trims ever.

I wouldn't mind having his barber.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have no idea why you're so down on Bettis...his 3.9 sucks but he was a grinder and not a speed back obviously...he scored 91 TDs, there are many on that list with less TDs than he scoed.

he is the 6th leading rusher of all time...
6x probowler
won ROY
also helped win a SB
HOF career

where do you think all that should be ranked exactly? outside of the top-20?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah his barber had him sharp!

Quote:
I have no idea why you're so down on Bettis...his 3.9 sucks but he was a grinder and not a speed back obviously...he scored 91 TDs, there are many on that list with less TDs than he scoed.

he is the 6th leading rusher of all time...
6x probowler
won ROY
also helped win a SB
HOF career

where do you think all that should be ranked exactly? outside of the top-20?

91 tds in the span of 13 seasons. Just not that impressive to me.

And yes right outside the door of top 20 for me. Cant give him top 15 status.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Bettis only had more than 10 TD's once in his prime, rushed for more than 1450 yards just one in his career, had 1500 TOTAL YARDS (not a huge accomplishment, BTW) just three times in his career.

You can rank by careers, fine, but when you start listing Jim Brown over Emmit who had 7000 total yards and 50 touchdown advantage over Brown....it doesn't add up.

You said you did that because of the YPC and MVP awards..... that makes up for the gigantic edge of 7000 yards and 50 touchdowns in your book.

So why then do you rank Jerome Bettis over Earl Campbell who Bettis only has a 5000 yard/20 touchdown advantage over Earl, but Earl has many more individual accolades and almost a half yard advantage in YPC?

I've been over this before with you as well about Earl's MVP awards, there is no evidence to suggest that the Pro Football Writers of American MVP award back then wasn't every bit as worthy as the AP MVP, or that the MVP as voted on by the players isn't an equally worthy MVP award (it's one of the most prestige awards in the NHL, BTW) So to say Earl only has 1 MVP is terribly misleading and on the verge of flubbing the truth to downplay him.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Brown averaged 5.2 YPC...that is ridiculous...it will never be touched

his 3 MVPs for a RB will also NEVER BE TOUCHED

if Campbell had accolades like that then I would put him over Bettis...but he has 1 MVP year which isn't quite enough to put him over that 5k yard diffence to me

2 extra MVPs as well as a record YPC stat IS enough to put him over Emmitt's yards

that is a huge difference can you not see that?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

and Carbine, the AP MVP award is the only one really recognized today...if I were to count all those other MVP awards it would be a mess and not fair to today's players that can't win those other MVPs that Earl won.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

also, a lot of the players that are listed who are right next to each other could probably be swapped pretty easy without it being a big deal.

like LT and Faulk

or like Bettis and Campbell...

in fact I think I meant to have Alexander and Davis swapped...pretty sure I intented for Davis to be the lowest ranked MVP RB
Old 11-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
and Carbine, the AP MVP award is the only one really recognized today...if I were to count all those other MVP awards it would be a mess and not fair to today's players that can't win those other MVPs that Earl won.

So don't penalize the players who couldn't win the award..... but don't just not recognize those awards for the guys who did win them.

Earl is one of two players ever in the 50+ year existance of the NEA MVP award to win it three times. That means an incredible amount.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So don't penalize the players who couldn't win the award..... but don't just not recognize those awards for the guys who did win them.

Earl is one of two players ever in the 50+ year existance of the NEA MVP award to win it three times. That means an incredible amount.
well some things I recognized that aren't shown there in the OP

I could probably justify Alexander being over Campbell going just by what I put out there in the OP, but I gave Earl the edge just due to my gut feeling on who was better there...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: