Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

when they have dismantled tough opponents like the Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Heat by comfortable margins? They could've started 8-0 without these two losses that I do not even understand why.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Knicks are the best team in the league.
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
when they have dismantled tough opponents like the Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Heat by comfortable margins? They could've started 8-0 without these two losses that I do not even understand why.

Cause the Lakers are a mess, the Spurs didn't have Ginobli and the Heat had wade playing on 1 leg. Still impressive though.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Im ready to see this team play a real road game
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Cause the Lakers are a mess, the Spurs didn't have Ginobli and the Heat had wade playing on 1 leg. Still impressive though.

Lakers almost beat the Spurs with Morris as starting point guard

The Spurs had Ginobili, and are 7-1 (well, 7-2 tonight after losing to the Knicks)

And I don't care, Wade played. His own fault for playing if he was playing on 1 leg... Also, that's not a good enough excuse for being down by 20 to the Clippers' bench with Lebron James on the court. As good as the Heat are the Clippers just had a great night.

Don't make excuses about the Clippers just because you don't like CF86. Troll a different team, please... The Clippers are doing just fine
TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

I said it is impressive and I am answering the question he asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
Lakers almost beat the Spurs with Morris as starting point guard

The Spurs had Ginobili, and are 7-1 (well, 7-2 tonight after losing to the Knicks)

And I don't care, Wade played. His own fault for playing if he was playing on 1 leg... Also, that's not a good enough excuse for being down by 20 to the Clippers' bench with Lebron James on the court. As good as the Heat are the Clippers just had a great night.

Don't make excuses about the Clippers just because you don't like CF86. Troll a different team, please... The Clippers are doing just fine

Lakers are also 3-5. Ginobli isn't 100% and Wade isn't playing tonight because his shit is so fked up.

Last edited by brandonislegend : 11-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #7
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

Quote:
I said it is impressive and I am answering the question he asked.

Lakers are also 3-5. Ginobli isn't 100% and Wade isn't playing tonight because his shit is so fked up.

And the Clippers are missing Grant Hill and their starting 2 guard Chauncey Billups. Willie Green is our starting SG ffs. We all have these stories..
Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
And the Clippers are missing Grant Hill and their starting 2 guard Chauncey Billups. Willie Green is our starting SG ffs. We all have these stories..

Billups is coming off a year long injury and his age isn't on his side, Grant Hill is solid but you can't compare them to superstars.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

so what happens when billups comes back? Do people think he is going to take away from Crawford(leading scorer) ? Take away from the already low minutes of bledsoe? And yes, grant hill is ok, but he is 40 years old, always injured, and hasnt played a minute with this team. Obviously Del Negro will be able to handle the roation

Last edited by ncrizzle : 11-16-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #10
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Billups is coming off a year long injury and his age isn't on his side, Grant Hill is solid but you can't compare them to superstars.

I don't think you understand who Willie Green is. Even if Billups returns at just 75 percent he will be better than Green is by quite a bit. Hill is still a top notch defender who will make a huge difference off the bench.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #11
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I don't think you understand who Willie Green is. Even if Billups returns at just 75 percent he will be better than Green is by quite a bit. Hill is still a top notch defender who will make a huge difference off the bench.

I don't think you understand Chauncey Billups was shooting 36.4% not from THREE but from the FIELD. THAT'S BEFORE HIS INJURY AND WITH CP3 AS HIS PG. He is coming off a SERIOUS injury what can you really expect from him seriously.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #12
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
so what happens when billups comes back? Do people think he is going to take Crawfords (leading scorer) spot? Take away from the already low minutes of bledsoe? And yes, grant hill is ok, but he is 40 years old, always injured, and hasnt played a minute with this team. Obviously Del Negro will be able to handle the roation

Why would he take Crawford's or Bledsoe's spots? He doesn't play their roles. Chauncey is not a backup 2 guard/6th man, nor is he the backup point guard. He is the starting 2 guard.

There is a reason Vinny plays Willie Green as the starting 2 instead of starting Crawford. It's so that when Billups comes back, Crawford's role doesn't change from starter to bench player. This way, everyone's roles are the same except for Willie Green who just loses a starter spot.

I understand you can't compare them to superstars but if Dwyane Wade was injured he shouldn't have played. He wasn't limping, nor did he get hung on a dunk or anything. He looked fine especially on that play where he tried to bash it on Bledsoe. Wins talk, excuses walk... Just remember that
Old 11-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #13
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Why would he take Crawford's or Bledsoe's spots? He doesn't play their roles. Chauncey is not a backup 2 guard/6th man, nor is he the backup point guard. He is the starting 2 guard.

There is a reason Vinny plays Willie Green as the starting 2 instead of starting Crawford. It's so that when Billups comes back, Crawford's role doesn't change from starter to bench player. This way, everyone's roles are the same except for Willie Green who just loses a starter spot.

I understand you can't compare them to superstars but if Dwyane Wade was injured he shouldn't have played. He wasn't limping, nor did he get hung on a dunk or anything. He looked fine especially on that play where he tried to bash it on Bledsoe. Wins talk, excuses walk... Just remember that

Quote:
I don't think you understand Chauncey Billups was shooting 36.4% not from THREE but from the FIELD. THAT'S BEFORE HIS INJURY AND WITH CP3 AS HIS PG. He is coming off a SERIOUS injury what can you really expect from him seriously.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #14
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Quote:

I went back and edited. I forgot willie friggin green was starting. But still, how much do you expect chauncey to play? 35 and coming off a major injury is going to be tough. I know paul likes to play slow, but the rest of the team likes to play fast. Sometimes i am in the boat of "if it aint broke dont fix it". And you are kidding yourself if you dont think he will be playing some time at pg
Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #15
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

Brandon, how many games was his sample size?

And Chauncey's shooting percentage isn't all he brings to the table you know. Veteran leadership, experience, and the fact that when him and Chris Paul were on the court together there were barely any turnovers being thrown. You have two guys that can really run a play out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: