Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #16
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

cuz tha clippers truly suck
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #17
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,679
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
Brandon, how many games was his sample size?

And Chauncey's shooting percentage isn't all he brings to the table you know. Veteran leadership, experience, and the fact that when him and Chris Paul were on the court together there were barely any turnovers being thrown. You have two guys that can really run a play out there.

Derek Fisher brings that too and he's not coming off a major injury. Sign him asap.

But for real you can't honestly expect a 35 year old that shot that terribly and have a major injury to be able to guard 2's in the NBA. Kobe would work him so bad same with every other 2.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #18
TheCalmInsanity
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
TheCalmInsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 768
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Derek Fisher brings that too and he's not coming off a major injury. Sign him asap.

Now you're comparing Derek Fisher's leadership to Chauncey Billups'?

I've been civil, but you're a complete idiot, and this is my last post of this thread. Have a nice day
TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,679
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
Now you're comparing Derek Fisher's leadership to Chauncey Billups'?

I've been civil, but you're a complete idiot, and this is my last post of this thread. Have a nice day

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #20
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,805
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

That was in 19 games with a new team. Also it's deceiving because HALF of his shot attempts were from 3 which is why his TS% was still ELITE (Good amount better than anybody on the Grizzlies roster last year last I checked) and far more important than a general field goal percentage for a player who plays more like a 3 point specialist right now.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #21
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind
 
ncrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,120
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
Now you're comparing Derek Fisher's leadership to Chauncey Billups'?

I've been civil, but you're a complete idiot, and this is my last post of this thread. Have a nice day






ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #22
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,679
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

You guys are such trolls you can't honestly think a 6'3 35 year old point guard coming off a TORN Achilles is going to make that big of an impact, how is he going to guard any 2's in the league now, Achilles is a serious serious injury and it could get re injured so easily.

and to the retard that said "comparing Billups leadership to Fishers" if you polled all the players in the NBA and asked who you would rather have as a leader, and a leader only 90% of them would say Fisher if you think otherwise you are a troll. Thats why everyone wanted Fisher to become a coach.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #23
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind
 
ncrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,120
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
That was in 19 games with a new team. Also it's deceiving because HALF of his shot attempts were from 3 which is why his TS% was still ELITE (Good amount better than anybody on the Grizzlies roster last year last I checked) and far more important than a general field goal percentage for a player who plays more like a 3 point specialist right now.


dude, what does anything have to do with the grizzlies. Your hating reeks of insecurity. Last year? Last i check this was the 2012-2013 season.Also, Grant hill is probably only going to play 19 games this year if that and is new to the team. You are full of delusions and double standards.

Last edited by ncrizzle : 11-16-2012 at 01:04 AM.
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #24
Darius
Decent college freshman
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 2,938
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Grizz fans following Clipper threads around like love sick groupies.

Only 8 games in... this is going to be a long season.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,805
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
You guys are such trolls you can't honestly think a 6'3 35 year old point guard coming off a TORN Achilles is going to make that big of an impact, how is he going to guard any 2's in the league now, Achilles is a serious serious injury and it could get re injured so easily.

and to the retard that said "comparing Billups leadership to Fishers" if you polled all the players in the NBA and asked who you would rather have as a leader, and a leader only 90% of them would say Fisher if you think otherwise you are a troll. Thats why everyone wanted Fisher to become a coach.

Billups put up 15 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg on great efficiency as a 3rd option. If you expect a massive decline for a player who's already slow and has a skill based game, that's your own denial kid. I'm going to shit all over you though when he comes back and the Clippers dominate.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #26
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,841
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

When it comes to older vets, it isn't always about statistical production.

Look at someone like Kidd. Making timely shots, getting crucial steals, knowing when to run and when to pace the offense, defensive stops, getting teammates the right looks etc.

Great players despite their age usually find ways to impact games to the benefit of their teams. Especially those that don't rely too much on athleticism.

Billups is essentially a coach on the floor for the Clippers if I'm not mistaken.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #27
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,679
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Billups put up 15 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg on great efficiency as a 3rd option. If you expect a massive decline for a player who's already slow and has a skill based game, that's your own denial kid. I'm going to shit all over you though when he comes back and the Clippers dominate.

he shot 35%....
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #28
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,679
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
When it comes to older vets, it isn't always about statistical production.

Look at someone like Kidd. Making timely shots, getting crucial steals, knowing when to run and when to pace the offense, defensive stops, getting teammates the right looks etc.

Great players despite their age usually find ways to impact games to the benefit of their teams. Especially those that don't rely too much on athleticism.

Billups is essentially a coach on the floor for the Clippers if I'm not mistaken.

Jason Kidd is still a great defender and is not coming off ACHILLES surgery.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #29
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,805
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
he shot 35%....

TS%>>>FG%. This is 2012, not 2009.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #30
devin112
Local High School Star
 
devin112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: How did the Clippers lose to the likes of Warriors and Cavs at home when...

lol some salty a$$ niqqas in here! lol have fun hating. best part is, you're so salty you don't even realize it and it's obvious to everyone else. No matter how you preface you hate, it's still hating.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy