Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #16
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board
Default Re: R.I.P. Hostess bakery

I remember fondly reading the ads from old marvel comics.

goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Wonder how it feels like to be in that union right now. Happy that you stuck it to the man.. Or sad that you lost out too? I bet there is a lot of infighting within the union now too.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

just got back from the store and eating a box of ho hos right now. will savor this moment cuz i may not have this taste again
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I haven't had a Hostess product in forever, however hopefully a company is able to buy the Zinger brand because I've always loved Vanilla Zingers and Hostess Cupcakes. Twinkies are nothing to write home about at all, not that good to me.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Canadian branch of Hostess is staying open. We may have our Twinkies yet!
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I see Hostess vendors just about every day and they're all pretty bummed because they feel certain they're out of a job and have already started making in-roads with other bread and baked snack distributors that we work with, mostly with Bimbo and Pepperidge Farms. Both of our guys delivered their final orders today and I guess as of 5pm, the bakeries and distributors are in total shutdown. They are completely f*cked, in their own words. One of the guys I work with is brand-f*cking new...having replaced a guy who retired from Hostess not even a month ago. Pretty shitty that he's losing his job already.

Last edited by Derka : 11-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I see Hostess vendors just about every day and they're all pretty bummed because they feel certain they're out of a job and have already started making in-roads with other bread and baked snack distributors that we work with, mostly with Bimbo and Pepperidge Farms. Both of our guys delivered their final orders today and I guess as of 5pm, the bakeries and distributors are in total shutdown. They are completely f*cked, in their own words. One of the guys I work with is brand-f*cking new...having replaced a guy who retired from Hostess not even a month ago. Pretty shitty that he's losing his job already.
Saw a piece on the news an hour ago and protesters in front of a closed Hotess plant in LA said they think it's still a ploy by management.

The reporter pointed out that the teamsters union which has seen the books is saying vote and get back to work or lose your job and the guy said his union leader told them that was a lie spread by Hostess management. She showed him a clip of a teamster union rep in an interview from last night and when the camera went back he was beet red, I thought the guy was going to stroke out there on live tV.

You feel for these people if their union bosses are leading them down the wrong path
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #23
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
Saw a piece on the news an hour ago and protesters in front of a closed Hotess plant in LA said they think it's still a ploy by management.

The reporter pointed out that the teamsters union which has seen the books is saying vote and get back to work or lose your job and the guy said his union leader told them that was a lie spread by Hostess management. She showed him a clip of a teamster union rep in an interview from last night and when the camera went back he was beet red, I thought the guy was going to stroke out there on live tV.

You feel for these people if their union bosses are leading them down the wrong path

Its no ploy. The contract the workers were voting on really does suck, but the union isn't conceding a single thing or approaching any kind of good faith negotiation. The bakeries are shut down as of 5pm today. The guys who work my route will have no products to deliver as of Monday morning when I would see them next and both of them were under orders to empty their trucks by the end of the day. Management still need permission from a Bankruptcy court judge to sell off the brands and assets and if that goes through, that's pretty much the end of the line. 18,000+ people out of work.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
I think the Canadian branch of Hostess is staying open. We may have our Twinkies yet!
And Wonder Bread is licensed to use in Canada by Weston Bakeries, which has no relationship with Hostess. So, not only Twinkies will still be sold in Canada but also Wonder Bread!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #25
WhiteMamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

WhiteMamba has an OK reputation so far

Sucks to see Twinkies go.
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #26
Out_In_Utah
High School JV MVP

Out_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want to get to the store to stock up, but I'm too lazy.
Out_In_Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #27
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ustry/cJz0ngJR
There is still hope.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #28
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Twinkies
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #29
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who cares? Little Debbie > Hostess
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #30
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i enjoy junk food as much as any dude, but i never liked their creamy sugary sh!t. they're kinda nasty, actually. never understood why some people liked swallowing like a bowl of whip cream.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: