Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Clippers vs Grizzlies in a Playoff Series: Who Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
An excuse? He had surgery and missed most of the season Chris Paul didn't have surgery w

If you can't be playoff ready after playing 35 regular season games post surgery then he's not doing something right. We are talking about 2-3 months and he's getting the injury card pulled just because in 2011 he dominated in the playoffs? A HUGE part of Zbo's struggles in the playoffs was Reggie Evans who literally tore him a new asshole every time down the floor defensively. Zach was getting pushed out of the paint and forced to shoot a bunch of 18 footers.

In usual fashion though rather than crediting the winning team (very shorthanded one at that) we make excuses for the losing team. Like I said in the other thread why are we going to talk about Zach being less than 100 percent when he played 2-3 months before the playoffs, yet disregard the Clippers 5 best players having fresh injuries?

Caron had a broken hand, BG had a torn meniscus and hyper-extended knee, CP3 had a bad groin pull, Mo Williams had a shooting hand injury and Billups was obviously out. Every team is banged up come playoff time but no other team had their 5 best players injured like that.

CP3's groin pull was actually the injury that kept him out the last two games of the regular season and it was re-injured. I've had a couple groin pulls during games and as a PG you can't do SH**. Can't move laterally without a great deal of pain, can't cut, can't jump. Hell he deserves respect just for at least playing through it for the rest of the playoffs.

Up until game 4 where CP3 re-injured it he was putting up a crazy 23.5 ppg, 11 apg, 5 rpg and nearly 3 spg vs the Grizzlies and looked like the best player in the playoffs. No coincidence that immediately following the injury his production plummeted starting with game 5 vs the Grizzlies, continuing through the Spurs series.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
If you can't be playoff ready after playing 35 regular season games post surgery then he's not doing something right. We are talking about 2-3 months and he's getting the injury card pulled just because in 2011 he dominated in the playoffs? A HUGE part of Zbo's struggles in the playoffs was Reggie Evans who literally tore him a new asshole every time down the floor defensively. Zach was getting pushed out of the paint and forced to shoot a bunch of 18 footers.

In usual fashion though rather than crediting the winning team (very shorthanded one at that) we make excuses for the losing team. Like I said in the other thread why are we going to talk about Zach being less than 100 percent when he played 2-3 months before the playoffs, yet disregard the Clippers 5 best players having fresh injuries?

Caron had a broken hand, BG had a torn meniscus and hyper-extended knee, CP3 had a bad groin pull, Mo Williams had a shooting hand injury and Billups was obviously out. Every team is banged up come playoff time but no other team had their 5 best players injured like that.

CP3's groin pull was actually the injury that kept him out the last two games of the regular season and it was re-injured. I've had a couple groin pulls during games and as a PG you can't do SH**. Can't move laterally without a great deal of pain, can't cut, can't jump. Hell he deserves respect just for at least playing through it for the rest of the playoffs.

Up until game 4 where CP3 re-injured it he was putting up a crazy 23.5 ppg, 11 apg, 5 rpg and nearly 3 spg vs the Grizzlies and looked like the best player in the playoffs. No coincidence that immediately following the injury his production plummeted starting with game 5 vs the Grizzlies, continuing through the Spurs series.

Okay so let me get this straight, injuries that require surgeries are irrelevant and injuries that dont require surgery are relevant. Good argument we will see when the playoffs start who will win.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
The playoffs are long time away, but this is the potential matchup im looking forward to the most. The west is really wide open this season.
Oh no, i want Clippers/LAkers. Clippers have a good chance and that will have real hate. Super amounts of Hate.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Oh no, i want Clippers/LAkers. Clippers have a good chance and that will have real hate. Super amounts of Hate.

Thats another good one. Hopefully Nash is healthy to go up against CP3.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

Why do the Clippers injuries count, but not Randolph's injury? I don't have a side in this debate. I like to watch both teams play when Miami isn't on.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Okay so let me get this straight, injuries that require surgeries are irrelevant and injuries that dont require surgery are relevant. Good argument we will see when the playoffs start who will win.

Not saying it's irrelevant. If he's cleared 100 percent for play though and it's 2-3 months later of playing you don't think he's pretty healthy at that point? I've already said maybe Zach was 85 percent let's say. Even then outside of Zach and Arthur the Grizzlies were healthy. I'd take the Grizzlies situation of mostly healthy best player and solid role player being out vs what the Clippers had to deal with.

BTW both Butler and Griffin got surgery after the playoffs and Billups was already out with a torn Achilles as I said.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
colorz
Old School.

colorz is considered somewhat coolcolorz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You do realize the grizzlies are deeper now and the grizzlies didnt have darrell arthur their best pick n roll defender, and the second best player in the playoffs the year before Z-bo was playing on 1 leg off surgery he said it was hard to get up and down the court.

The Clippers didn't have Chauncey Billups either
colorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

clippers are the best, most balanced and most complete team ( dont give me that weak at center bullshit becuase deandre has been doing great ) in the west as of right now probably in the nba too
fact.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Not saying it's irrelevant. If he's cleared 100 percent for play though and it's 2-3 months later of playing you don't think he's pretty healthy at that point? I've already said maybe Zach was 85 percent let's say. Even then outside of Zach and Arthur the Grizzlies were healthy. I'd take the Grizzlies situation of mostly healthy best player and solid role player being out vs what the Clippers had to deal with.

BTW both Butler and Griffin got surgery after the playoffs and Billups was already out with a torn Achilles as I said.

Its funny how when they were down in the series how negative you were toward your own team and even this year when they lost you said cp3 was done etc. When they are winning you use irrational arguments to defend them, injuries injuries involving surgery to what would be the 2nd best player on the clippers if z-bo was heatlhy
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

Come on. The Clippers are better. They can play slow or fast ball. They capitalized on turnovers. Too many weapons too much versatility. They beat the Grisslies banged up with 5-6 guys not in full strength. The Grisslies were out there intentionally trying to hurt Clipper players, because they couldn't beat them straight up.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd put money on the Clippers. Only because they have a reliable consistant go to scorer when both teams cant find buckets. Chris Paul. He's the key to any matchup involving the Clips.
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

Clippers bench would dominate them also imo. Bledsoe would shit on Bayless all series long. Ellington and Pondexter are just streaky shooters, what happens if they cant find their shot? Who can contribute off their bench other than them?
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

TheCalmInsanity is considered somewhat coolTheCalmInsanity is considered somewhat coolTheCalmInsanity is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You do realize the grizzlies are deeper now and the grizzlies didnt have darrell arthur their best pick n roll defender, and the second best player in the playoffs the year before Z-bo was playing on 1 leg off surgery he said it was hard to get up and down the court.

Again with the one leg excuse.. Wow, does everyone playing the Clippers have one leg? I'm so unobservant, I don't notice these things. You think I'd notice someone hopping around instead of running!
TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #29
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

If the clippers and grizzlies play this year , its not gonna be in the first round
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #30
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

TheCalmInsanity is considered somewhat coolTheCalmInsanity is considered somewhat coolTheCalmInsanity is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
If the clippers and grizzlies play this year , its not gonna be in the first round

This I agree with, man.
TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: