Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Are There People That Really Feel Tmac Was Better Than Kobe in 03

Or were they just trolling?
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation
Default Re: Are There People That Really Feel Tmac Was Better Than Kobe in 03

Wasn't he dropping 40 on a regular basis in 03 with Shaq out?
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

I felt that way at the time, but Kobe was still the superior defender.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
They were equivalent... but Kobe was slight better... because Kobe got the upperhand in their head to head matchups.

No, he didn't.

And, that's with the advantage of having Shaq as his center while T-Mac had Andrew DeClerq which makes a huge difference in how a perimeter player can perform with the freed-up space.

Either way, a 2-game sample size for head-to-head analysis isn't really enough.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

I think it would be fair to just call them equal.

I still think T-Mac is actually a SF, too. Not a SG.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
WolfGang
I hit open 5-footers

WolfGang has not been impressing people

I think Tracy was funner to watch then because of his extreme attitude. They were pretty much even with slight advantages in different skills.
WolfGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

For a year or two it was fairly reasonable to argue they are equal and TMac would eventually become a better player. He was more talented -- if you don't count the mental side of the game as talent.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has an OK reputation so far

Not sure how anyone could claim TMac was a better player in 03'...

- Kobe showed us all how great a scorer he could be ...Dropping 40 point games not seen since Wilt Chamberlain....to go along with all world defense...

- To add...Kobe was playing on team trying to 4 Peat....meanwhile Tmac playing just to stay alive...without any pressure or expectation...( If Kobe played on the 03' Magic...he would have put up 35 - 37PPG easily)

- recap: Kobe was a better offensive player when he needed to be....Scoring 40PPG for a month.....he was also a much better Defensive player with a much greater will to win.

- Tmac had a amazing season on a pretty bad team.....I chalk it up with Kelly Tripuka's 83' season with the Pistons...

Funny part is...all we heard from TMacm was " If only I had some good teammates...I could win like Kobe".....a few years later he joined the Rockets to form a Dynamic Duo.....he still struggled.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

T-Mac in his prime had more talent than anyone I ever saw in basketball. Unfortunately, he was lazy as hell..........

Last edited by Euroleague : 11-16-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
For a year or two it was fairly reasonable to argue they are equal and TMac would eventually become a better player. He was more talented -- if you don't count the mental side of the game as talent.

yes reminded me of Dominique Wilkins vs Michael Jordan in the early 80's....almost exactly the same thing.

except Nique was a much better player then Tmac.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
RRR3
Chalmers for 3

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
T-Mac in his prime had more talent than anyone I ever saw in basketball. Unfortunately, he was as lazy as hell..........
For once we agree.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Funny part is...all we heard from TMacm was " If only I had some good teammates...I could win like Kobe".....a few years later he joined the Rockets to form a Dynamic Duo.....he still struggled.

It was a duo ruined by injuries. One was hurt while the other wasn't at crucial points in time. They were on a seesaw and never really got in good rhythm. If he had a good team from 00-03, T-Mac absolutely would have won more.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

LOL

I love Nique, but this is not true.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Arguably... if Kobe wasnt a better defender (he was a 1st all-defensive guy since 2000) i would maybe give it to T-Mac that season as he was somewhat of a better rebounder and maybe passer aswell...

Last edited by pauk : 11-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
RRR3
Chalmers for 3

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yes reminded me of Dominique Wilkins vs Michael Jordan in the early 80's....almost exactly the same thing.

A decade later and you still have a grudge against T-Mac for being comparable to your boy. This is pathetic.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: